Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I like Tramon as a player and can see why Packers would want to bring him in. But is nobody bothered about from a sporting integrity point of view - same with Veldheer.

He played for Baltimore this season so his season should have ended when Bills eliminated the Ravens last weekend. He doesn't deserve a ring in 2020 and for me its wrong if he gets one. Surely it cheapens everything about being a super bowl champ if you can be beaten in the playoffs and just play for someone else next week. Are we going to see more of this ? Veterans being released early when they get knocked out so he can play for someone else next week ?  How long before a player plays for three teams in the play offs ?

If we lose at the weekend, lets say we decide to release Dean Lowrey and he signs for Tampa Bay and wins the superbowl. How would people feel about him being able to put on his resume that he is a superbowl champion in 2020 whilst the rest of the team drown their sorrows.

Nothing against Tramon - from a professional point of view, he is going to do the best for his career. But it all feels wrong and the NFL need to stop this. As a minimum players shouldn't be allowed to play in the playoffs for two different teams. I'm also uncomfortable about players who fail to make the play off then jumping onto another roster for a cheap shot at a ring.

• Like 2

Tramon can help us in so many ways, even with limited snaps.  Wonder if they'll play him on the tackle teams kicks and punts.  If he is so inclined, I believe he will be with our coaching staff when he pulls the pin.  Quality control asst to start with or if an opening maybe even DB asst to start with.

11 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Tramon can help us in so many ways, even with limited snaps.  Wonder if they'll play him on the tackle teams kicks and punts.  If he is so inclined, I believe he will be with our coaching staff when he pulls the pin.  Quality control asst to start with or if an opening maybe even DB asst to start with.

And if Austin fumbles another punt..................(letting that thought sink in for a few seconds.........) we know TW - while not much on returns - can certainly fair catch them 🙂

Edited by Leader

24 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

I like Tramon as a player and can see why Packers would want to bring him in. But is nobody bothered about from a sporting integrity point of view - same with Veldheer.

He played for Baltimore this season so his season should have ended when Bills eliminated the Ravens last weekend. He doesn't deserve a ring in 2020 and for me its wrong if he gets one. Surely it cheapens everything about being a super bowl champ if you can be beaten in the playoffs and just play for someone else next week. Are we going to see more of this ? Veterans being released early when they get knocked out so he can play for someone else next week ?  How long before a player plays for three teams in the play offs ?

If we lose at the weekend, lets say we decide to release Dean Lowrey and he signs for Tampa Bay and wins the superbowl. How would people feel about him being able to put on his resume that he is a superbowl champion in 2020 whilst the rest of the team drown their sorrows.

Nothing against Tramon - from a professional point of view, he is going to do the best for his career. But it all feels wrong and the NFL need to stop this. As a minimum players shouldn't be allowed to play in the playoffs for two different teams. I'm also uncomfortable about players who fail to make the play off then jumping onto another roster for a cheap shot at a ring.

72558271.jpg

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

And if Austin fumbles another punt..................(letting that thought sink in for a few seconds.........) we know TW - while not much on returns - can certainly fair catch them 🙂

I was thinking Austin may be catching a flight out of town.  I would feel much better with TW back on punts.  A high percentile if not majority should be fair caught anyway.

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

I like Tramon as a player and can see why Packers would want to bring him in. But is nobody bothered about from a sporting integrity point of view - same with Veldheer....

I'm imagining a big dog-pile celebration with Snacks, Veldheer, and Tramon in the middle of it...

1 hour ago, Joe said:

If AJ Dillon is a no-go, do we go after Mark Ingram? Does Ingram have anything left in the tank? I know it's late in the week but....

At that position, there is just too much to learn from  a protection standpoint let alone the rest of the playbook.

Unless you get into complete desperation like Sea did last year, you promote from within.  And of course, Marshawn at least had some history with them.

I think skill players are not easy just to throw right in.  I believe Rison had 4 or five weeks with us in his mercenary SB season.  He came around just in time.  Maybe Austin can show something similar if he can just hang onto the dang ball.

30 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Someone here used to call him "Slowpoke".  Who was it?  I never quite got that one .. Tramon is definitely no speed demon, but he's had a strong pro career.

Pretty sure that guy is banned whoever it was lol

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Someone here used to call him "Slowpoke".  Who was it?  I never quite got that one .. Tramon is definitely no speed demon, but he's had a strong pro career.

SSG or Golfman maybe?  Both are gone or have assumed new usernames in here.