Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Rob Demovsky -   Packers signed 10 of their practice squad players to deals for next year: OLB Tipa Galeai, LB De'Jon Harris, G Zack Johnson, TE Isaac Nauta, DT Willington Previlon, DT Anthony Rush, CB Stanford Samuels, RB Mike Weber, RB Dexter Williams, P Ryan Winslow.

Andy Herman -  Here are the p/s players who were not signed:

Reggie Begelton
J.J. Molson
Brian Price
Seth Roberts
Kei'Varae Russell
Tramon Williams
Juwan Winfree
Jake Hanson
Delontae Scott

Tramon/Price/Russell were activated for the game & Hanson/Scott were on IR, so could take an extra step.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky -   Packers signed 10 of their practice squad players to deals for next year: OLB Tipa Galeai, LB De'Jon Harris, G Zack Johnson, TE Isaac Nauta, DT Willington Previlon, DT Anthony Rush, CB Stanford Samuels, RB Mike Weber, RB Dexter Williams, P Ryan Winslow.

Reggie Begelton
J.J. Molson
Brian Price
Seth Roberts
Kei'Varae Russell
Tramon Williams
Juwan Winfree
Jake Hanson
Delontae Scott

Tramon/Price/Russell were activated for the game & Hanson/Scott were on IR, so could take an extra step.

Thought Jake Hanson was drafted to be our center next year?  Pretty sure I read it on here multiple times.

52 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Yep, heard that story before, I'll file that under "vague stuff said for the past 30 after getting embarrassed in the playoffs cabinet". "We've got potential", "X player will only get better", "be patient". Its been the same story with this team for decades now. At least fans of bad teams know they are bad, unlike in GB where they put on a new shiny coat, just to get everyone's hopes up, when its still the same ole crap on the inside. Oh well though, sorry to spread my negativity, I'm done. 

Goodbye GIF

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

And I think that's the problem with GB and the fans. We are happy making the playoffs every year and constantly getting bounced. Its like we have all settled on being just above average. 

So what's the difference between us losing the NFFCG game and not making the playoffs? Draft position, that's it. I don't know about you, but I'm not hanging banners or wearing t-shirts that say we constantly get our butt's kicked in the playoffs.

This has to be the oddest statement I've read in awhile! Gotta make the playoffs to have a chance at a SB. After that all bets are off. 

I get how you're likely feeling it sucks. We have an all world QB and why isn't he in the SB 6 times. I wish myself or other fans could give a good answer why but no one can. When we enter the tourny though we have the same chances as anyone else. Nothing takes away the sting it sucks I'm sad, question why I come on here and care hahaha. Then I read Outposts stuff and realize I'm not that far down the rabbit hole:) Kidding OP.

It's odd we have a great QB and he alone should win us more but it hasn't happened. But dammit we're there every year and have a chance. I'll take that every year over being the Bears, the Kitty's or the Queens. 

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Reggie Begelton
J.J. Molson
Brian Price
Seth Roberts
Kei'Varae Russell
Tramon Williams
Juwan Winfree
Jake Hanson
Delontae Scott

We know any players who is on IR at the end of the season and do not recover sufficiently in time for preseason is automatically placed on the PUP.

I would've thought the same would be the case with injured practice squad players? Unfortunately we need to offer a futures contract to any PS player in order for them to remain on the roster. Hanson and Scott not being given one is a mild surprise.

Edited by Chili

I'm sitting at the computer thinking

"It will be September before the next meaningful game, and that will be coming after losing good players due to the cap."

If I got depressed easily (I don't) that would certainly do it for me.....time for some comfort food and then a slow descent into bye-byes while watching a college game from earlier in the year.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Marcedes Lewis -    That line between getting beat, and losing the game becomes thinner. The margin for error is smaller, and mistakes are magnified. Being able to perform your best when the stakes are at an all time high come at a premium. As a unit we fell short. No regrets. Gratitude throughout.

///

I wonder what the future holds for him.

Remember when the general consensus was that 2020 would be a year of regression for the Packers, and they would struggle to make the playoffs?  Me too.  All of this talk about how this was GB's last/best chance to make a deep run with Rodgers is so dumb it actually made my day to read it.

• Like 1

Ross Uglem -   I’ve seen a lot of smart folks say he calls a fine game, puts guys in good positions. fine, then he’s not good enough at making playing time decisions, teaching, development or some combo of the 3. It just isn’t good enough. Whatever it is the defensive program isn’t good enough.

Ultimately showing up when it counts matters, too. They’ve been eliminated in the last two seasons by giving up and average of 34 points a game. It just isn’t good enough.