Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I think we'll be okay with him....but I hope he stays healthy given the hits he's gonna be taking and our (current) lack of anybody we can entrust with serious carries backing him up.

I'll be very surprised if Packers don't have a RB other than Dillon getting significant carries. In 2018 when MLF had Derrick Henry, Dion Lewis got 155 carries. In 2019 Jamaal Williams had 107. In 2020 Williams had 119. There will be a significant 2nd back. Might be Williams. Might be a FA pickup. Might be a rookie. 

7 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Not sure I see the really unremarkable power bit, but I guess it depends on how we're defining power.  He certainly drags tacklers and generally has to be brought down, you can't just knock him off balance, but I agree that given his size and strength you'd expect him to brutalize on contact more.  Just personally speaking though, if I had to balance those two traits in a RB this is absolutely the way I'd prefer they were stacked.

It’s just because he doesn’t run like a tank ala Lynch. I feel it will come yet. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A RB is supposed to go through a CB tackling him high. That's more balance than power. Dillon isn't a hard runner compared to somebody like an in-shape Lacy.

Lol.  His knee was inches from the ground when it happened.  What happened there doesn’t happen.

• Like 2