Random Packer News & Notes

On 2/28/2021 at 8:51 AM, packfanfb said:

Feels like every year the Packers are represented in 1 or 2 of these "top games" of year. Also seems like in every one...we lost.

I'm surprised the Packers/Saints game isn't mentioned more in some of these "game of the year discussions". High scoring, Prime-Time game, Rodgers/Brees, some memorable long touchdowns, very close, and ended up having huge playoff implications, as expected. Really I just think week 3 was too early in the year. 

On 2/28/2021 at 6:51 AM, pacman5252 said:

Lang missed 3 games so there is some truth to that. Sitton didn't miss a start his last 4 years with us though.

Linsely missed 3 games last year, so is it a sign?

Corey is strong as an ox, but has been having reoccurring back problems for the past few seasons, even if he played through some of them. Not a good sign for a lineman.  I wish him health, wealth and much success when he’s not playing the Pack. Was a great player for us, thanks TT. 

• Like 2

Joe Barry just finished his PC. Talked quite a bit about the importance on the nickel corner position. I was glad to hear that because I think the Packers have tried to get by with lesser talents at that position for a while. Also talked about the ILB's needing to be guys who are instinctual. Probably bad news for Oren Burks.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Keep your fantasies to yourself

Lol.  I literally just said I’d rather we extend Rodgers and trade Love a bunch of times.

I prefer trading Love.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  I literally just said I’d rather we extend Rodgers and trade Love a bunch of times.

I prefer trading Love.

This week.

Haven't you already done the "I hate to say it but I was the one that said we should have traded Rodgers 3 years ago and I was right."

Edited by cannondale
Posted (edited)

Ian Rapoport -  A couple of players reworked their deals to stick for 2021:

— Packers WR Devin Funchess took a roughly $750K paycut to stick in Green Bay after opting out last year.

— Bills C Mitch Morse cut his salary by nearly $2M to stay in Buffalo.

• Aaron Nagler  -  Sounds like Funchess will at least make it to the 90 man offseason roster

Edited by Leader

Funchess is now in Josh Gordon territory.  He will have 5 plays this season where you’ll be like, “Oh, man, how did we get this guy so cheap?” But do nothing consistently.  Can’t be out of the NFL for two straight years and come back normal.

Not at 29 years old into 30 years old.

Always check your facts before you post.  Devin Funchess is only 26 years old.

And that’s a little hard to believe.

Well it's officially "Aaron Jones Day" because either the Packers shock some people and tag him for another year, or he's 100% playing for another squad next year. Assuming he does leave, I'll miss Jones more than most players who leave. Guy is a special talent and an even better human if you've ever met him.