Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Because NFL Europe was such a booming success

I've been waiting over a decade to see the Packers play in London (I live in England). it will probably be an 'away' game for them, since their home games are always sold out, but they are one of only a few teams who haven't done London yet and if they do, I'll be ordering a ticket faster than you can say 'fast'. There are quite  a few fans that carry the G in Europe and it would be a rare treat for me.

On a non-related topic, I just paid for a bootleg football green and yellow hoodie with a 'red right flex 18 (power sweep)' written down the arms and the play diagrammed on the front. I thought that was pretty cool.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I've been waiting over a decade to see the Packers play in London (I live in England). it will probably be an 'away' game for them, since their home games are always sold out, but they are one of only a few teams who haven't done London yet and if they do, I'll be ordering a ticket faster than you can say 'fast'. There are quite  a few fans that carry the G in Europe and it would be a rare treat for me.

With the extra games, I would hope we see it soon. In fact, it would be great to play KC over there this year but they would move such a marquee matchup. Tickets will be at a premium but I hope you get to see a game over there and of course, at 1256.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

With the extra games, I would hope we see it soon. In fact, it would be great to play KC over there this year but they would move such a marquee matchup. Tickets will be at a premium but I hope you get to see a game over there and of course, at 1256.

Is that the parking lot ?  😎

14 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

On a non-related topic, I just paid for a bootleg football green and yellow hoodie with a 'red right flex 18 (power sweep)' written down the arms and the play diagrammed on the front. I thought that was pretty cool.

Teams don't want to give up a home game against the Packers either. That's why GB is the last team to play over there. But at the end of the day, it's still the NFL pushing something that has already failed and is a logistical nightmare no one wants to deal with.

28 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Kool. I lived in England for a few years. Remember watching NFL games on the tele over there at like 1am. I also went to a Scottish Claymores game once. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Damn if the Packers ever play in London you are gonna get completely trollied mate. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Butler was a S who could do ANYTHING you wanted. Need him to cover at TE or RB or a #3? Sure, he's got that. Need him to pressure the QB? He's there. Need him to stick his nose in vs the run? Pow. Need him to roam deep and prevent big plays? Consider it done. 

Collins is a big "what if..." for me. If not for that neck injury, he probably retired 2-3 yrs ago and we're debating his chances of getting into Canton. He was PHENOMENAL from 08-10. Leroy Butler is one of my favourite players, and while I don't know who's better, I am not angry if they're mentioned in the same breath. 

Totally agree.  But you are right, Butler was the better swiss army knife.  I dare say, he was a better true leader as well.

And that's taking nothing away from Collins.  We only had like maybe 2 years of Prime Collins.  It is a shame.    

• Like 1

PackersWire -  Green Bay Packers receiver Davante Adams gave back to the high school that helped launch his football career.  With help from Wisconsin-based sports apparel supplier Eastbay, Adams surprised the football team at his alma mater in Palo Alto, California with new Jordan brand uniforms, cleats and shoes.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:58 PM, Leader said:

And so it begins.............

Aaron Nagler -  "Starting in 2022, the Packers will be included in the regular rotation to play internationally, which will focus initially on Canada, Europe, Mexico, South America and the United Kingdom."

From the Packers release regarding the 17 game schedule.

Coinciding with with eventual loss of Aaron Rodgers and falling a step down into the Unpredictable/Mediocre range.

Fitting.

8 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Coinciding with with eventual loss of Aaron Rodgers and falling a step down into the Unpredictable/Mediocre range.

Fitting.

Don't buy into the media chatter.  Packers are not dumb.  If Rodgers continues to play at a high level he isn't going anywhere.  He already has a massive cap hit next year.  It's smart not to redo his contract or push out his cap hit.  Maybe they don't want him to feel "secure".  Keep the pressure on that's when he plays his best.  Jordan Love is in no way shape or form ready to take over.  He'll need at least 2 more years developing.  Only way Rodgers gets traded is if Love can beat him out.  Which is years away if ever.  Far from certain.  

• Like 1

Zach Kruse -  According to Pro Football Focus, Lazard has graded out as the top run-blocking receiver in the NFL among 108 qualifying players at the position since 2019.  Last season, Lazard ranked sixth in run-blocking grade among receivers with at least 100 run-blocking snaps. He was the No. 1 receiver in run-blocking grade on zone run snaps.