Random Packer News & Notes

While the statewide mask mandate is no longer in place in Wisconsin, the Green Bay Packers will keep the organization's current COVID-19 measures in place for guests, visitors and employees upon recommendation of medical experts and public health officials.

Lambeau Field will continue to require masks for guests visiting the Lambeau Field Atrium and will keep other measures in place to help keep visitors safe, such as social distancing requirements, enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures, as well as other precautions that have been implemented in recent months.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:29 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

I've been waiting over a decade to see the Packers play in London (I live in England). it will probably be an 'away' game for them, since their home games are always sold out, but they are one of only a few teams who haven't done London yet and if they do, I'll be ordering a ticket faster than you can say 'fast'. There are quite  a few fans that carry the G in Europe and it would be a rare treat for me.

On a non-related topic, I just paid for a bootleg football green and yellow hoodie with a 'red right flex 18 (power sweep)' written down the arms and the play diagrammed on the front. I thought that was pretty cool.

Aye, they'd sell like hot cakes, the clamour to see GB and Rodgers would ensure that. 

I'd always intended my first time seeing the Packers in the flesh to be at Lambeau but a London game would likely be too difficult to pass up. 

Edited by ChillerBee
1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

One of our best ST players so this makes sense, hopefully we end up with more DB depth so we only need him for ST.

Redmond has a great physical skill set and a fantastic mindset for the NFL, he just has no coverage ability or feel for playing space whatsoever.  If you put Micah Hyde's mind in Redmond's body you'd have a poor man's Charles Woodson.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   My math on the Marcedes Lewis 2 year contract with the Green Bay Packers shows a 2021 cap hit of $2,342,647.

2021:

$1.15M Base
$2.1M Signing Bonus
$700K Per-Game Bonuses
$50K Workout Bonus
$4M Cash

The Packers added 2 void years on the back end to spread out the signing bonus.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

One of our best ST players so this makes sense, hopefully we end up with more DB depth so we only need him for ST.

I'm fine if the bolded happens. Not sure I can stomach any more defensive snaps from Redmond. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Too early to throw Deguara in there, but yea, the 3rd round has been a black hole for the Packers.

GMs don't think that way. That said, I'd move up in the 2nd to ensure a great OT/CB CB/OT combo

Just now, cannondale said:

GMs don't think that way. That said, I'd move up in the 2nd to ensure a great OT/CB CB/OT combo

I wasn't suggesting they actually trade the pick, just sharing the mediocrity that has been Packers 3rd round picks. There's always this year!