Random Packer News & Notes

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

PFF Fantasy Football -   Highest-graded QB from a clean pocket last season Aaron Rodgers - 97.6

Hence why solidifying the OLine via draft is as much a priority as the Secondary.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Should have kept Linsley and Wagner instead of Jones IMO

Wagner resigning is still likely a good possibility, but they'll wait til after the draft because if they go OT in round 1, then probably no need there. 

58 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Should have kept Linsley and Wagner instead of Jones IMO

Think they made the right decision with Linsley.  Too much cash to pay a C.  Also hitting 30.  I'd take Jones over both he has more of an impact on the offense.  We do need help along the O-line don't get me wrong. Get a RT in the draft.  Maybe a inside G/C type as well later on. Patrick can handle it haven't heard anything about Hanson.  Would be nice to know what if anything we have in him.  Don't think OT necessarily has to be picked in Rd 1 either.   Biggest need currently has to be DT.  Maybe we'll have our pick of them at 29.  What I'm hoping for.

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Think they made the right decision with Linsley.  Too much cash to pay a C.  Also hitting 30.  I'd take Jones over both he has more of an impact on the offense.  We do need help along the O-line don't get me wrong. Get a RT in the draft.  Maybe a inside G/C type as well later on. Patrick can handle it haven't heard anything about Hanson.  Would be nice to know what if anything we have in him.  Don't think OT necessarily has to be picked in Rd 1 either.   Biggest need currently has to be DT.  Maybe we'll have our pick of them at 29.  What I'm hoping for.

I'm not convinced that Jones + 2 TBD new starters on the OL is better than Williams/Dillon + same OL as last season.

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not convinced that Jones + 2 TBD new starters on the OL is better than Williams/Dillon + same OL as last season.

Wagner is getting up there.  He might retire.  Linsley missed some time last year.  Had had his back acting up maybe let him go a year too early but the contract was prohibitive.  We'll see how he does in SD.  Have doubts he'll be able to stay healthy the entire season.  Nah can't find fault in letting either of those guys go.  Our OT situation is tenous for sure but Wagner is not the answer.  Dillon is a stud think he'll have a fine season.  Not as dynamic as Jones though.  Williams signed for 2.5 mil/yr with Det.  Wasn't part of your original premise and not on the team.  Nah think Gute got it right.  Lot of cash to spend on Jones but again he's pretty special.  

I’ve been following MVS on Twitter for quite a while and he posts a lot of random things, but I think he’s more of a “stream of conscious” writer when he posts.  In other words, really nothing to see here but sharing anyways.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

99.9999% of Jeopardy fans / players have no idea what he's talking about. 

Truth, but we are fortunate Scott is a man of high culture and sophistication 

14 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I give Rodgers a solid B.

Yah that's what I was thinking.  It's his first show so maybe he can improve a bit.  Overall pretty damn good. Hard comparison going against Alex T who's been doing it for decades.