Jump to content

Random Packer News & Notes


Leader
 Share

Recommended Posts

Day 3 Draft Picks for Packers

Fourth Round: No. 37 (142 overall)

Fifth Round: No. 29 (173) and No. 34 (178)

Sixth Round: No. 30 (214) and No. 36 (220)

Seventh Round: No. 29 (256)

 

Edited by Leader
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SI -

Here are our best available tackles.

Jaylon Moore, Western Michigan
Brenden Jaimes, Nebraska
Stone Forsythe, Florida
Tommy Doyle, Miami (Ohio)
Dan Moore, Texas A&M

Best Available Running Backs

Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State
Kylin Hill, Mississippi State
Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana

Best Available Receivers

Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State
Simi Fehoko, Stanford
Trevon Grimes, Florida
Cornell Powell, Clemson
Jacob Harris, Central Florida

Best Available Tight Ends

Brevin Jordan, Miami
Kenny Yeboah, Mississippi
Matt Bushman, BYU
Zach Davidson, Central Missouri
Noah Gray, Duke

Best Available Defensive Linemen

Daviyon Nixon, Iowa
Marlon Tuipulotu, USC
Tommy Togiai, Ohio State
Bobby Brown, Texas A&M
Jonathan Marshall, Arkansas

Best Available Outside linebackers

Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh
Quincy Roche, Miami
Ellerson Smith, Northern Iowa
Chris Rumph, Duke

Best Available Linebackers

Jabril Cox, LSU
Derrick Barnes, Purdue|
Dylan Moses, Alabama

Best Available Cornerbacks

Zech McPhearson, Texas Tech
Robert Rochell, Central Arkansas
Keith Taylor, Washington
Rodarius Williams, Oklahoma State
Shaun Wade, Ohio State

Best Available Safeties

Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State
Jamar Johnson, Indiana
Damar Hamlin, Pittsburgh

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leader said:

SI -

Here are our best available tackles.

Jaylon Moore, Western Michigan
Brenden Jaimes, Nebraska
Stone Forsythe, Florida
Tommy Doyle, Miami (Ohio)
Dan Moore, Texas A&M

Best Available Running Backs

Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State
Kylin Hill, Mississippi State
Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana

Best Available Receivers

Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State
Simi Fehoko, Stanford
Trevon Grimes, Florida
Cornell Powell, Clemson
Jacob Harris, Central Florida

Best Available Tight Ends

Brevin Jordan, Miami
Kenny Yeboah, Mississippi
Matt Bushman, BYU
Zach Davidson, Central Missouri
Noah Gray, Duke

Best Available Defensive Linemen

Daviyon Nixon, Iowa
Marlon Tuipulotu, USC
Tommy Togiai, Ohio State
Bobby Brown, Texas A&M
Jonathan Marshall, Arkansas

Best Available Outside linebackers

Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh
Quincy Roche, Miami
Ellerson Smith, Northern Iowa
Chris Rumph, Duke

Best Available Linebackers

Jabril Cox, LSU
Derrick Barnes, Purdue|
Dylan Moses, Alabama

Best Available Cornerbacks

Zech McPhearson, Texas Tech
Robert Rochell, Central Arkansas
Keith Taylor, Washington
Rodarius Williams, Oklahoma State
Shaun Wade, Ohio State

Best Available Safeties

Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State
Jamar Johnson, Indiana
Damar Hamlin, Pittsburgh

 

Thanks for the list. This will help me follow the draft better today. I don't know much about the late round prospects.

I strongly feel we need an OT for depth. In an ideal world we don't want to move Jenkins around but other than Bakhtiari and Turner we don't have many other tackles for depth. Nijman is completely untested and I think he could do with some competition.

The two names that popped out for me is Stone Forsythe and Dan Moore. Both fits LaFleur's height/weight/speed requirements. They are not without flaws. Stone pass protection is much better than his run blocking whilst Moore hand technique is very sloppy, he struggles to keep his hands up.

I quite like to see us draft a star hybrid so Jabril Cox and Hasirildeen are the two names I've identified. I honestly don't think we need a pure linebacker at this stage in the draft as they are unlikely to improve upon Martin and Barnes.

I wouldn't mind another corner but there was a run of corners in the late 3rd so the pool may be depleted for now. However there are some intruiging talent that fits Gutes athleticism criteria. Robert Rochell, shoe thrower Marco Wilson and Shaun Wade. Wade got the makings of a good nicklebacker imo.

We do need a DT though but haven't done any research on that position.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan Wood -   Matt LaFleur says he's spoken with Jordan Love about the situation: "I've told him there's a lot of noise out there, you can't focus on that. You've just got to focus on yourself. He's got to be the best version of him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood -   Matt LaFleur says he's spoken with Jordan Love about the situation: "I've told him there's a lot of noise out there, you can't focus on that. You've just got to focus on yourself. He's got to be the best version of him."

How many years until Jordan Love is pulling this same ****. Lol. History just keeps repeating. 36 year old Love gonna be a huge **** confirmed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

How many years until Jordan Love is pulling this same ****. Lol. History just keeps repeating. 36 year old Love gonna be a huge **** confirmed

I'll be elated if Jordan Love pulls this stuff in 10 years.    That is a win for GB

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

How many years until Jordan Love is pulling this same ****. Lol. History just keeps repeating. 36 year old Love gonna be a huge **** confirmed

If Love is good enough to be a diva at 36. We're extremely lucky. The QBs good enough to be divas at that age are the top of the spectrum when it comes to professional athletes. They either deteriorate enough that they're not worth keeping around at contract anymore, or it gets nasty. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Matt Schneidman -   From earlier today: In 2004 Aaron Rodgers tied Tee Martin's then-record for most consecutive completions in a college game. Now Martin is pumped to (hopefully) watch his son Amari Rodgers catch passes from the star QB, though he's relishing in his son being a Packer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What happened to that French Canadian guy we drafted? I think his name was Jean-Claude du Tabernak.

Good ol’ Marc-Antoine Dequoy aka québécois Janis. I thought he might embrace that gunner role and has flashbacks of JJ terrorizing punt returners. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2021 at 10:18 PM, Norm said:

How many years until Jordan Love is pulling this same ****. Lol. History just keeps repeating. 36 year old Love gonna be a huge **** confirmed

Wrong.

The Packers have learned their lesson after the second time.

Get a Super Bowl win on a rookie contract or before they are elite.
(Favre, Rodgers).

THEN TRADE THEM IMMEDIATELY FOR A MASSIVE HAUL OF DRAFT PICKS.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR THERE ARE 16 QUARTERBACKS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

Allen, Newton, Roethlisberger, Jackson, Mayfield, Tannehill, Wentz, Watson, Carr, Mahomes, Prescott, Stafford, Wilson, Garropolo, Goff, Cousins, Brady, Ryan... All good enough to win a Super Bowl. 

That also leaves off Tua, who might get there.  Burrows, who might get there.  Herbert, who is there. 

There were 4 quarterbacks taken in the first round.  If half of them hit, that's 23/32 starting quarterbacks capable of winning a Super Bowl.

And I forgot to include Aaron Rodgers. 

And I forgot Nick Foles.  He's already won one. 

This myth that it's tough to find your QB anymore is false.  The only thing that's tough in the NFL anymore is getting the right cap hit for your QB.

Mahomes is literally the only QB in the league that I pay anywhere close to 12%. 

You pay your QB what they are worth and you will not win a Super Bowl.

So we either extend Love constantly less than he's worth, we give him a 10% of the salary cap commitment or we trade him before his rookie contract runs out (at the very least before his third contract).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Wrong.

The Packers have learned their lesson after the second time.

Get a Super Bowl win on a rookie contract or before they are elite.
(Favre, Rodgers).

THEN TRADE THEM IMMEDIATELY FOR A MASSIVE HAUL OF DRAFT PICKS.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR THERE ARE 16 QUARTERBACKS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

Allen, Newton, Roethlisberger, Jackson, Mayfield, Tannehill, Wentz, Watson, Carr, Mahomes, Prescott, Stafford, Wilson, Garropolo, Goff, Cousins, Brady, Ryan... All good enough to win a Super Bowl. 

That also leaves off Tua, who might get there.  Burrows, who might get there.  Herbert, who is there. 

There were 4 quarterbacks taken in the first round.  If half of them hit, that's 23/32 starting quarterbacks capable of winning a Super Bowl.

And I forgot to include Aaron Rodgers. 

And I forgot Nick Foles.  He's already won one. 

This myth that it's tough to find your QB anymore is false.  The only thing that's tough in the NFL anymore is getting the right cap hit for your QB.

Mahomes is literally the only QB in the league that I pay anywhere close to 12%. 

You pay your QB what they are worth and you will not win a Super Bowl.

So we either extend Love constantly less than he's worth, we give him a 10% of the salary cap commitment or we trade him before his rookie contract runs out (at the very least before his third contract).

 

 

Lol they aren't even going to trade a 38 year old who's begging for it.

Go back to your Madden franchise and do this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...