Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

AcmePacking -  Should Rodgers return, Bortles is a candidate to be on the practice squad and allow Love to become QB2. If Rodgers leaves via trade or otherwise, Bortles is not a horrible option behind Love.

The Packers are also arguably the best organization for Bortles to be in to finally develop the potential that made him a top five pick. While he did spend a year with Sean McVay, sitting behind someone like Jared Goff still isn’t ideal. If Rodgers returns (which is looking more likely now), Bortles finally can learn behind a great quarterback.

While not ideal, bringing in Bortles gives the Packers some insurance should the situation with Rodgers go sideways. It’s not the best, but it will have to do.

///

I'd not considered the PS possibility.

Allowance for some multi-year vets on PS is really a nice thing.  And yeah, that makes sense.  

Acme's idea about Bortles "learning" behind Rodgers doesn't seem very relevant.  He's kinda beyond the "development", untapped-talent stage of his career, I think.  

2 hours ago, Leader said:

AcmePacking -  Should Rodgers return, Bortles is a candidate to be on the practice squad and allow Love to become QB2. If Rodgers leaves via trade or otherwise, Bortles is not a horrible option behind Love.

The Packers are also arguably the best organization for Bortles to be in to finally develop the potential that made him a top five pick. While he did spend a year with Sean McVay, sitting behind someone like Jared Goff still isn’t ideal. If Rodgers returns (which is looking more likely now), Bortles finally can learn behind a great quarterback.

While not ideal, bringing in Bortles gives the Packers some insurance should the situation with Rodgers go sideways. It’s not the best, but it will have to do.

///

I'd not considered the PS possibility.

Whoever wrote that article is smoking some serious hopium.

Matt Schneidman -   Amari Rodgers with a fitting description of Green Bay:

“Everything is flat and then you make a left and a right and it's a stadium and a facility ... it's kind of a smaller town but then you get in the center of it and it's one of the most prestigious stadiums in NFL history.”

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   Amari Rodgers with a fitting description of Green Bay:

“Everything is flat and then you make a left and a right and it's a stadium and a facility ... it's kind of a smaller town but then you get in the center of it and it's one of the most prestigious stadiums in NFL history.”

I don’t mean anything against any of you that live in GB but it’s gotta be the most boring city in the NFL right? 

2 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

I don’t mean anything against any of you that live in GB but it’s gotta be the most boring city in the NFL right? 

Probably depends what you like to do.

For example:  If you want to go to the beach, Denver sucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Probably depends what you like to do.

For example:  If you want to go to the beach, Denver sucks.

Cherry Creek Reservoir, Sloans Lake and Chatfield Reservoir in Denver have some nice beaches.  Ok, maybe not nice, but adequate.  Ok, I agree with you.

• Like 1