Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -    I've seen a lot of wrong information on training camp fines for Aaron Rodgers.

Per Day: $50,000 mandatory fine
Day 6: $2,065,000 signing & roster bonus
Day 7-16: $137,667 signing & roster bonus

He is NOT subject to a $816,667 game check fine for missing pre-season games.

Andy Herman -  Want to take a quick second to apologize to Brandon Bostick for the meme I posted yesterday. For those who know me, you’ll understand there was less than 0% ill intent. For me, it was supposed to be a funny meme to make light of an unfortunate play. Nothing more

However, knowing that Brandon has struggled personally due to the outcome of that play, and seeing his responses yesterday helped me to understand to him, and to others, it wasn’t just an unfortunate moment, it was something much more.

And in a month where we celebrate mental health awareness, the tweet was unfunny, tone deaf, and not in good taste. While I do believe intent matters, doing the right thing matters more. As always, I’ll keep learning and keep listening.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  Want to take a quick second to apologize to Brandon Bostick for the meme I posted yesterday. For those who know me, you’ll understand there was less than 0% ill intent. For me, it was supposed to be a funny meme to make light of an unfortunate play. Nothing more

However, knowing that Brandon has struggled personally due to the outcome of that play, and seeing his responses yesterday helped me to understand to him, and to others, it wasn’t just an unfortunate moment, it was something much more.

And in a month where we celebrate mental health awareness, the tweet was unfunny, tone deaf, and not in good taste. While I do believe intent matters, doing the right thing matters more. As always, I’ll keep learning and keep listening.

Okay I need to see this meme now. Not only does Bostick not know how to field an onside kick but he’s a snowflake too? Sheesh. 

5 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Okay I need to see this meme now. Not only does Bostick not know how to field an onside kick but he’s a snowflake too? Sheesh. 

I mean, I get where he's coming from.  He drew the ire of ALL Packers fans for that botched recovery.  That's not something that's easy to get over.

• Like 1

"Tight end Robert Tonyan has signed his RFA tender. No surprise considering he’s been at OTAs this week.

///

When asked why he signed - given AR's "holdout" - Tonyan replied: "To hell with AR. I'm here to win football games"

Is it true Tonyan said that and if he did, was it a Kenny Mayne dry wit reach out to Rodg?

I hold no stock in it 

Edited by 15412

14 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Shouldn't make fun of disabled people, his hands don't even work and he has to try to use twitter.

17 minutes ago, 15412 said:

"Tight end Robert Tonyan has signed his RFA tender. No surprise considering he’s been at OTAs this week.

///

When asked why he signed - given AR's "holdout" - Tonyan replied: "To hell with AR. I'm here to win football games"

Is it true Tonyan said that and if he did, was it a Kenny Mayne dry wit reach out to Rodg?

I hold no stock in it 

No. Tonyan didnt say that. I made it up.

33 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

I didnt see it and suspect it's been deleted by now.