Random Packer News & Notes

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Samuels is at OTA's. 

Ah. I saw they updated the "not present" list. Answers the injury question for him. Hopefully nothing serious because he's a guy who cannot afford not to be ready by TC. 

Posted (edited)

The Packers Wire -    Packers sign first-round pick Eric Stokes to rookie deal.

According to  Over the Cap, Stokes – as the 29th overall pick in the draft – will receive a four-year deal worth almost $12 million with a signing bonus of just over $6 million. His cap number in 2021 will be just under $2.2 million.

Edited by Leader
5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Might need to save this post for all those stupid "Packers don't get Rodgers weaponzzzzz!!" posts.

Good find.

Should just post it every 5 minutes in general and news

• Like 1
Just now, Sasquatch said:

Tired of the Rodgers drama in other threads, so imma throwing this out: Jones and Dillon will be the best backfield in the NFL this season.

Yes....but will anyone from the FO call them to express how appreciated they are? :)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31554503/green-bay-packers-coach-matt-lafleur-unsure-aaron-rodgers-attend-minicamp

It was also the first look at veteran Blake Bortles, who was signed last month. Bortles served as the No. 2 quarterback and had the longest completion of practice: a deep ball to undrafted rookie receiver Bailey Gaither, who got behind cornerback Kevin King for an outstretched catch.

some things never change...

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Ah. I saw they updated the "not present" list. Answers the injury question for him. Hopefully nothing serious because he's a guy who cannot afford not to be ready by TC. 

Could you please let me know where can I find this “not present” list?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Tired of the Rodgers drama in other threads, so imma throwing this out: Jones and Dillon will be the best backfield in the NFL this season.

Tough competition from Chubb/Hunt but can't think of another pair that should match them.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Dillon is a tough runner to bring down, but have a feeling he could be just as effective playing the part of William Henderson when he was blocking for Dorsey Levins...

• Like 1

After reading about Gaither beating King, I had another look.  The guy was going off as a Junior before getting injured, then came back and had 1500 yards and 10 TDs in his last two seasons.  He ran a 4.48, but looks plenty fast in the video below.  They say he wasn't a good route runner, but I don't see that either.  It is highlights, but he is getting NFL open, and at times blowing by defensive backs.