Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, R T said:

Ento didn't play DB at Colorado. The Packers converted him on day one of rookie minicamp, similar to what they did with Sam Shields.  

Worth noting that Shields switched to DB his senior season at Miami, as opposed to in rookie minicamp.  But yeah, Ento was a college WR switched to DB who showed surprising man coverage skills and stuck around on the PS, similar to Shields (although obviously Shields was a few tiers better even from jump).  I actually like Ento as a back of the roster ST guy; he was a plus ST guy in college and he's got a great combo of length and jumping ability (6'1", 40.5" vert, 32 & 1/8" arms).  

Also, the fact that anyone would put even the slightest, most miniscule bit of stock into the "a UDFA receiver beat King lololol" is absolutely baffling to me.  It's OTAs, King is a 5th year guy, and everything in shorts and shirts is absurdly tilted in the offenses's favor.  

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

Worth noting that Shields switched to DB his senior season at Miami, as opposed to in rookie minicamp.  But yeah, Ento was a college WR switched to DB who showed surprising man coverage skills and stuck around on the PS, similar to Shields (although obviously Shields was a few tiers better even from jump).  I actually like Ento as a back of the roster ST guy; he was a plus ST guy in college and he's got a great combo of length and jumping ability (6'1", 40.5" vert, 32 & 1/8" arms).  

Also, the fact that anyone would put even the slightest, most miniscule bit of stock into the "a UDFA receiver beat King lololol" is absolutely baffling to me.  It's OTAs, King is a 5th year guy, and everything in shorts and shirts is absurdly tilted in the offenses's favor.  

So I saw this King thing on Reddit today and I about blew my ******* top. Fans are so ******* stupid. If that same tweet happens to Jaire it's a tree falling in the woods. But it's King so OMG everyone get mad.

Wait fans aren't stupid. People are just generally ******* morons.

(Sorry I may have had a bad day and left work early at 2 to start drinking and took tomorrow off lol)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Packers should learn and move on and not give a **** that somebody might be mad they may have ****ed up a draft pick half a decade ago.

Imagine still being mad about TJ Watt....

How many other UW bums did have the fan base want that sucked ***, how about I start bringing them up every 5 minutes. 

Eventually one guy like that will hit. Doesn't make anyone a genius for wanting all the dudes they wanted

Even a blind squirrel.....

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Norm said:

How many other UW bums did have the fan base want that sucked ***, how about I start bringing them up every 5 minutes. 

A bunch of those OL and RB's are on that list and Melvin Gordon might just be on that list at this point in his career. Johnathan Taylor has shown promise so far though...

I also find it hilarious that James White has been the most successful Badger RB in the last 20+ years and was a rotational back during his time in Madison behind the likes of Gordon and Monte Ball(remember him?).

• Like 1

Next Gen Stats -   Packers cornerback Jaire Alexander forced the highest rate of tight windows among CBs targeted over 50 times last season (42.3%). Tight Window ~ Less than one yard of separation when the ball arrives

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

So I saw this King thing on Reddit today and I about blew my ******* top. Fans are so ******* stupid. If that same tweet happens to Jaire it's a tree falling in the woods. But it's King so OMG everyone get mad.

Wait fans aren't stupid. People are just generally ******* morons.

(Sorry I may have had a bad day and left work early at 2 to start drinking and took tomorrow off lol)

Now there's an idea I can get behind!  

Betty White Cheers GIF

I also saw that reddit post, but I gave up trying to talk football on reddit years ago.  Like everything else on reddit, it's entirely people who know nothing about football explaining all the things they don't understand to people who know even less.  It's a wonderful site if you want to learn to hate your fellow man though!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can not emphasize this enough man, it's OTAs for an established vet. It means nothing. 

I know, I know.  Just can't get last years NFC championship game out of my head.   Mental block for sure.

Bucky Brooks -    The Packers have all of the leverage in the Aaron Rodgers situation and they’ve ALWAYS had it. No.12 can make things uncomfortable from a PR standpoint but he can’t force his way out.. He either plays in GB in ‘21 or sits out and owes them $. Any other take is just TV/radio talk.

///

Brooks has been one of the few voices of reason from the beginning and didnt pander to sports/social media.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bucky Brooks -    The Packers have all of the leverage in the Aaron Rodgers situation and they’ve ALWAYS had it. No.12 can make things uncomfortable from a PR standpoint but he can’t force his way out.. He either plays in GB in ‘21 or sits out and owes them $. Any other take is just TV/radio talk.

///

Brooks has been one of the few voices of reason from the beginning and didnt pander to sports/social media.

This is correct, from both Bucky and Leader.  I have said before, the only power Rodg has is the power the team cedes to him.  It is vital for the team and for the franchise that they do not cede any power to him.

Play or retire.  Now that being said it may be in the best interest of the team to trade him if enough compensation can be had.  If it can't, play or retire is what he will do.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Now there's an idea I can get behind!  

Betty White Cheers GIF

I also saw that reddit post, but I gave up trying to talk football on reddit years ago.  Like everything else on reddit, it's entirely people who know nothing about football explaining all the things they don't understand to people who know even less.  It's a wonderful site if you want to learn to hate your fellow man though!

Yeah Reddit for sports is awful. It's all the most casual people on Earth. There's some funny crap memes and stuff like that.. But if you actually want to talk sports good luck. 

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

This is correct, from both Bucky and Leader.  I have said before, the only power Rodg has is the power the team cedes to him.  It is vital for the team and for the franchise that they do not cede any power to him.

Play or retire.  Now that being said it may be in the best interest of the team to trade him if enough compensation can be had.  If it can't, play or retire is what he will do.

It's in the best interest of the team to keep him (no matter what) until next off-season unless you're talking about an absolute, unbelievable, shocking haul from another team (which isn't going to happen at this point in the off-season). 

If the Packers refuse to trade Rodgers now, they: 

1. Expand the number of teams who may want him next-offseason (more demand means better offers), and

2. Get the chance to get a top-15, preferably top-10 draft pick as part of the compensation. 

Trading Rodgers now would be an absolute blunder by Gute. 

He plays or he sits. If it's the latter, you still get to play Love and you still get the cap money back anyways. If it's the former, we have another title shot in 2021 with a team we have personally constructed with restructures and voided-year contracts to keep intact for another run with 12. 

• Like 1

Rodg playing next year without having a new contract that buries the team long term is no doubt the best case scenario. 

But there is nothing saying we would get appreciably more in a trade in a year, and we could possibly get that top 10 pick now.  My demand from Denver remains 2 1's, 2 2's, Surtain and Jeudy.  Maybe King thrown in.  Maybe a bit less, but not much less.  Less would be the pciks, Surtain and Browning.  With maybe King thrown back.   Something like that.

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's in the best interest of the team to keep him (no matter what) until next off-season unless you're talking about an absolute, unbelievable, shocking haul from another team (which isn't going to happen at this point in the off-season). 

If the Packers refuse to trade Rodgers now, they: 

1. Expand the number of teams who may want him next-offseason (more demand means better offers), and

2. Get the chance to get a top-15, preferably top-10 draft pick as part of the compensation. 

Trading Rodgers now would be an absolute blunder by Gute. 

He plays or he sits. If it's the latter, you still get to play Love and you still get the cap money back anyways. If it's the former, we have another title shot in 2021 with a team we have personally constructed with restructures and voided-year contracts to keep intact for another run with 12. 

Yep, that's pretty much where we are at.  The only downside of not ending this relationship now via trade is that it could be a major distraction for the team and organization.  The other thing you miss out on by waiting is some potentially top players you could add to the roster this year.  A couple players like Jeudy and Chubb could come in useful in 2021.  

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yep, that's pretty much where we are at.  The only downside of not ending this relationship now via trade is that it could be a major distraction for the team and organization.  The other thing you miss out on by waiting is some potentially top players you could add to the roster this year.  A couple players like Jeudy and Chubb could come in useful in 2021.  

Without Rodgers we really don't need Jeudy & Chubb this year. Ideally we need to know if Love is promising and draft accordingly next year. I feel the same as Bucky.