Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Peter Bukowski -   I feel for Jace Sternberger and it’s a good reminder you don’t know what people are going through. It’s hard enough to be a person sometimes. Pro athlete money doesn’t solve that. I’m glad he’s getting help and I know he’s working hard on and off the field.

///

Sounds like it's recreational drugs and not PEDs.

47 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Great deal. Great move. 

Another 1m of dead money in 22 then

Bit puzzled as to what the strategy over the next two years is really. This move makes sense if the plan is to go for it this year and then rebuild in 22 but that only works really if Rodgers is playing in 21 and then traded in 22.  But that seems unlikely at this stage - would expect if Rodgers comes back its going to be on a contract that makes him untradeable next year.

All this deals bleeding away the budget for next year don't really make sense if Love is QB this year.  And they don't really make sense if Rodgers is the long term QB either. 

I know its only 1m but there really does seem to be a 'we will figure something out there when we get there' approach to planning for 22. Virtually every move we make seems to be piling more dead money into 22. 

Just now, mikemike778 said:

Another 1m of dead money in 22 then

Bit puzzled as to what the strategy over the next two years is really. This move makes sense if the plan is to go for it this year and then rebuild in 22 but that only works really if Rodgers is playing in 21 and then traded in 22.  But that seems unlikely at this stage - would expect if Rodgers comes back its going to be on a contract that makes him untradeable next year.

All this deals bleeding away the budget for next year don't really make sense if Love is QB this year.  And they don't really make sense if Rodgers is the long term QB either. 

I know its only 1m but there really does seem to be a 'we will figure something out there when we get there' approach to planning for 22. Virtually every move we make seems to be piling more dead money into 22. 

Couldn't the cap get recalculated - go up -and change the projected dead money in 2022?

I feel for Jace, but I can't imagine he's long for this team unless he's really righted the whole ship in a big way.  Hasn't shown basically anything since being drafted, in practice or otherwise, and frankly think he's TE5 on the roster right now behind Tonyan/Lewis/Deguara/Dafney.  Team really needs at least two FB/H-back types given how MLF likes to run the offense and Sternberger is useless anywhere closer to the ball than the hashes.  That being said this suspension might actually save him, since they don't need the roster spot until week 3; if any of the TEs suffer an IR-able injury before then, he'll likely get to play out this year.  

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

I feel for Jace, but I can't imagine he's long for this team unless he's really righted the whole ship in a big way.  Hasn't shown basically anything since being drafted, in practice or otherwise, and frankly think he's TE5 on the roster right now behind Tonyan/Lewis/Deguara/Dafney.  Team really needs at least two FB/H-back types given how MLF likes to run the offense and Sternberger is useless anywhere closer to the ball than the hashes.  That being said this suspension might actually save him, since they don't need the roster spot until week 3; if any of the TEs suffer an IR-able injury before then, he'll likely get to play out this year.  

I was thinking the same thing about the 2 free weeks.  That probably saves him.  I also think he is the 5th TE on the roster right now.  

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Lame. Like collecting stubs of games I've attended.

MLB is doing the same.  Or at least the Cardinals are.  Kind of a PITA because you have to download their ticket app.  Or you have to go in with your group, if one person has the tickets.  I usually go with my dad, and I also usually show up later, so we have to transfer the tickets in the app.  Not a super big deal, but I still prefer the paper ticket.

23 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I was thinking the same thing about the 2 free weeks.  That probably saves him.  I also think he is the 5th TE on the roster right now.  

No way he gets dumped this early it's what year 3. I think they find a way to keep him they will call Dugera or someone a full back. 

Just to early after losing part of the year to the concussion. 

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

MLB is doing the same.  Or at least the Cardinals are.  Kind of a PITA because you have to download their ticket app.  Or you have to go in with your group, if one person has the tickets.  I usually go with my dad, and I also usually show up later, so we have to transfer the tickets in the app.  Not a super big deal, but I still prefer the paper ticket.

The top comment to Nagler's post is fantastic.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

With the way it is to go to games it's not worth it these days anyways. You wear the wrong colors you may get beat or shot. Mind you baseball seems pretty relaxed. 

Just now, PACKRULE said:

With the way it is to go to games it's not worth it these days anyways. You wear the wrong colors you may get beat or shot. Mind you baseball seems pretty relaxed. 

I think it depends where you go.  I wouldn't go to a Dodgers or Giants game.  But I have zero desire to ever go to California either.  

St Louis has a bad reputation, and it is earned, but going to a game is relatively safe, I don't think I have ever seen an altercation, and I go to about 15 games per year.

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think it depends where you go.  I wouldn't go to a Dodgers or Giants game.  But I have zero desire to ever go to California either.  

St Louis has a bad reputation, and it is earned, but going to a game is relatively safe, I don't think I have ever seen an altercation, and I go to about 15 games per year.

I live in a place with very little pro teams. in fact none. I was in GB back in 07 and it was great I would not go to a big city game and If I did I would not wear the other teams colors that's for sure. Just not worth it really. As a non drinker now and have been for years you see exactly what causes it and why it starts. It's crappy as you should be able to enjoy a live event like sports with your family or kids. Maybe day time games:)