Random Packer News & Notes

10 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

No way he gets dumped this early it's what year 3. I think they find a way to keep him they will call Dugera or someone a full back. 

Just to early after losing part of the year to the concussion. 

But who do you cut in order to keep that 4th TE/FB type? 

I think it is safe to say that Tonyan, Lewis, and Deguara will be on the roster.  Dafney can probably be stashed on the PS like he was last season.  I haven't seen anything from Jace that makes me think he is better than the other three at anything.  And I'm not sure that I pick Jace over any of the other guys that I envision being the back of their respective position groups.  But what do I know? I am just some jerk on the internet.  

12 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I live in a place with very little pro teams. in fact none. I was in GB back in 07 and it was great I would not go to a big city game and If I did I would not wear the other teams colors that's for sure. Just not worth it really. As a non drinker now and have been for years you see exactly what causes it and why it starts. It's crappy as you should be able to enjoy a live event like sports with your family or kids. Maybe day time games:)

It most likely depends on the place.  I can say that in St Louis, we treat opposing fans pretty well.  You would probably get a little friendly ribbing if you were to wear a Cubs hat, but that is it.  A few years ago, when the Packers played the Rams, nobody said anything about my Packers gear.  Of course it was like 75% Packers fans there, but there was no trouble.  

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

And I'm not sure that I pick Jace over any of the other guys that I envision being the back of their respective position groups.  But what do I know? I am just some jerk on the internet.  

Gotta give Jace a shot to make it happen if for only as a potential option after next year when  Tonyan hits FA. 

Edited by Leader
4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Gotta give Jace a shot to make it happen if for only as a potential option after next year when  Tonyan hits FA. 

Sternberger has had two major concussions already. I'm not sure I can trust he's staying on the field. 

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But who do you cut in order to keep that 4th TE/FB type? 

I think it is safe to say that Tonyan, Lewis, and Deguara will be on the roster.  Dafney can probably be stashed on the PS like he was last season.  I haven't seen anything from Jace that makes me think he is better than the other three at anything.  And I'm not sure that I pick Jace over any of the other guys that I envision being the back of their respective position groups.  But what do I know? I am just some jerk on the internet.  

Sternberger is the insurance on Tonyan being too pricy in 2022.  It took Tonyan a few years to develop, so allow Sternberger some time as well.

• Like 2
Just now, Old Guy said:

Sternberger has had two major concussions already. I'm not sure I can trust he's staying on the field. 

Fine.....but until he's medically declared unable to play anymore, we have to see what he can give us.

I'm guessing Tonyan's gonna cost a pretty penny. He shudda made All Pro last year.

Jace knows MLF's system whereas a FA wouldnt. I'm for giving him a shot.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

St Louis has a bad reputation, and it is earned, but going to a game is relatively safe, I don't think I have ever seen an altercation, and I go to about 15 games per year.

I've went to "new" Busch back in 2009, when the Brewers ruined Waino's 20 win season. Both games, the fans were really nice to us. Of course, I was popular because I managed to sneak in about a dozen beers in my hoodie and gave most of them away lol. Definitely going back ASAP with my buddies.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Fine.....but until he's medically declared unable to play anymore, we have to see what he can give us.

I'm guessing Tonyan's gonna cost a pretty penny. He shudda made All Pro last year.

Jace knows MLF's system whereas a FA wouldnt. I'm for giving him a shot.

I don't believe I said, don't give him a shot. My point was one more serious concussion and he's going to have to retire or it would be in his best interest. 

I'm not convinced Tonyan is going to get a massive day day. I think he was worthy of Pro-Bowl consideration, he was not worthy of all pro honors IMO. Kelce and Waller clearly were more deserving. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I've went to "new" Busch back in 2009, when the Brewers ruined Waino's 20 win season. Both games, the fans were really nice to us. Of course, I was popular because I managed to sneak in about a dozen beers in my hoodie and gave most of them away lol. Definitely going back ASAP with my buddies.

Let me know, I'll buy you a drink.  I live less than a block from the stadium.

• Like 1
Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Let me know, I'll buy you a drink.  I live less than a block from the stadium.

We made a stop in STL in March of 2018 on the way to Memphis for a Bucks game. Helluva night. Went to the Library Annex (R.I.P.) and had a hell of a night. Got cockblocked by the chick's brother (which was weird, don't even get me started lol). I love STL for the most part. It's got it's dings but so does Milwaukee.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We made a stop in STL in March of 2018 on the way to Memphis for a Bucks game. Helluva night. Went to the Library Annex (R.I.P.) and had a hell of a night. Got cockblocked by the chick's brother (which was weird, don't even get me started lol). I love STL for the most part. It's got it's dings but so does Milwaukee.

Great Cigar Lounge/Bar establishment in STL (Charles P. Stanley) when I was there a few summers ago for a....church convention.  Placed was packed with Lutheran clergy. Haha

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I don't believe I said, don't give him a shot. My point was one more serious concussion and he's going to have to retire or it would be in his best interest.

Fine. One more serioius concussion and he might have to retire. Till he suffers it (and perhaps he wont) - lets see what he's got. 

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Fine. One more serioius concussion and he might have to retire. Till he suffers it (and perhaps he wont) - lets see what he's got. 

He's going to get his chance this camp, but he better make the most of it or he might be down the road. As others have stated, we probably only keep 4 and three are virtual locks: Tonyan, Lewis and Deguara. Dafney showed some things but if Sternberger lives up to his third round draft position, he should be able to beat him out. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Got cockblocked by the chick's brother (which was weird, don't even get me started lol)

Shades of Chappelle show right now, if anyone gets that reference