Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You have no idea what the cap is going to be in 3-4 years. You pay, QB's, LT, pass rusher and CBs. That is who you pay if you have the best at the position. 

Again, we'll agree to disagree. 

We do literally know it’s about to balloon because of TV deals. Again you pay players who win you games. Adams wins games.

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You pay elite QB's, LT, EDGE rushers and CB. We paid our QB, LT two EDGE rushers and Jaire is going to get his. 

I love Davante, but 12-15% of your cap on a WR with the amount of guys we need to keep is not wise IMO. I can guarantee you if the Packers extend him, I'll be a big fan, still. It's not like anybody who disagrees with extending him doesn't like the player 

I get it, you pay premium positions. You also don’t let difference makers go. Again, the cap is easily manipulated. GB has a plan to sign both Jaire and Davante. It’s not going to be a choice. 

19 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I used to have to walk to school in 2 ft of snow 2 miles and it was uphill both ways. 

I had to walk 4 miles, but it was downhill both ways covered in ice.

I hated it so much that I bought a bunch of spray paint cans and just sprayed all of them so the earth would be hotter so I wouldn't have to slide down hill all the time.

Edited by ThatJerkDave

On 7/2/2021 at 5:34 PM, R T said:

Packers and Jets will hold joint practices on August 18th and 19th in GB ahead of their preseason game. 

Jets will hold joint practices with Packers (nypost.com)

On 7/3/2021 at 12:08 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers hates these things .. probably will hold out until just after these joint practices.

I kind of feel this is red meat for at least 10-15 pages of front office bashing vs catering to the superstar's demands.

I think this summer is starting to take it's toll on you people.   Seems like many are only able to concentrate on one franchise altering, Super Bowl denying, locker room destroying announcement at a time.  Pretty sure the Packers brass buried that announcement by leaking rumors of a huge Davante contract extension.    Don't let them win people

On 7/2/2021 at 5:58 PM, PACKRULE said:

Agreed please GB don't set the bar like that. Adams is good but 28 M per year good is a terrible deal. What will we have to pay Alexander $50 a year. Let him walk get a 3rd rounder and start over at the WR with 2 more rooks next year.

The market sets those numbers; how much Jaire is worth has little to do with how much GB pays or doesn't pay Adams. 

On 7/4/2021 at 12:09 PM, deathstar said:

Mostly bc of climate change. When I was a kid the winters were a lot longer.

It stays mild into Thanksgiving, and it doesn't matter to NFL players how long the winter lasts because they're leaving in early Feb at the latest, doing minicamps inside, and it sure AF isn't winter when they show up for TC in July. 

On 7/4/2021 at 3:14 PM, coachbuns said:

Not if you have to play in it. Now  If you are just watching on TV that's understandable.

I used to have to work outside. If you're ready for it and are acclimated, anything above 20 degrees is pretty mild. And that covers probably every non-playoff GB home game except one, maybe two. It would be better the Fox would learn to schedule for it but ratings over comfort, I suppose.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I used to have to work outside. If you're ready for it and are acclimated, anything above 20 degrees is pretty mild. And that covers probably every non-playoff GB home game except one, maybe two. It would be better the Fox would learn to schedule for it but ratings over comfort, I suppose.  

Agreed if you are acclimated to it.  Point being, visiting teams aren't and that is the advantage.  Wind and rain are much worse I think than just cold.  You can dress for the cold if need be but not for rain, wind.