Random Packer News & Notes

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s really nothing to discuss. If you really believe you have nearly enough knowledge to do the job then I wish I had your false sense of confidence. Idk when having a ‘general understanding’ of something makes you an expert but by all means, continue thinking so. 

Did I ever claim to be an expert?  No.  But again I'll ask.  What do the Chiefs know that Russ Ball doesn't?

Lol.  Great move Packer management.

Have the entire Green Bay fan base on your side and then piss off Davante Adams and Z. Smith in back to back days.

The good news is it’s looking more and more likely the Packers bomb and bomb hard this year.

With Adams, Rodgers and Smith all upset, you’re looking at that frustration from your leadership seeping into the younger players and resulting in a collapse.

Everything right now is ready to tip one way or the other and LaFleur and Gute and Murphy are all on shaky ground.

This entire ordeal has been mismanaged so terribly it’s not even funny.

They should have made the trade to the Niners before the story broke.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Have the entire Green Bay fan base on your side and then piss off Davante Adams and Z. Smith in back to back days.

The good news is it’s looking more and more likely the Packers bomb and bomb hard this year.

With Adams, Rodgers and Smith all upset, you’re looking at that frustration from your leadership seeping into the younger players and resulting in a collapse.

Everything right now is ready to tip one way or the other and LaFleur and Gute and Murphy are all on shaky ground.

They didn't piss off Z. Smith! As for Adams, you've stated emphatically that shouldn't make him the highest WR in the league. I agree with that. You've also said for a while to trade Rodgers. 

Exactly, how did the Packers mismanage this situation? They created cap space to get their guys back this year for one more shot. 

Seriously do explain that mismanagement comment? 

I seriously don't see it as mismanagement. Drafting Love was smart on multiple levels. It got Rodgers to recommit to his craft, and given his age and concerns about declining play, it was a good hedge for the future. Unfortunately Rodgers is throwing a tantrum about not being in control.

With Adams, if he expects to be the top paid wr in the NFL, that's a flat no from me. I'm not even thrilled about that 20-22 range but 27+ is ridiculous. If that causes the negotiations to break off, then so be it. Looks like the franchise tag will be around 19-20 so that's even an option.

Good management means sometimes saying no to players even when they don't like it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Packers run it back and win it all in 2021 and then trade Rodgers for multiple 1sts and then use said draft capital along with Jordan Love to trade for Deshaun Watson>>>>

No

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I seriously don't see it as mismanagement. Drafting Love was smart on multiple levels. It got Rodgers to recommit to his craft, and given his age and concerns about declining play, it was a good hedge for the future. Unfortunately Rodgers is throwing a tantrum about not being in control.

Agree.

42 minutes ago, spilltray said:

With Adams, if he expects to be the top paid wr in the NFL, that's a flat no from me. I'm not even thrilled about that 20-22 range but 27+ is ridiculous. If that causes the negotiations to break off, then so be it. Looks like the franchise tag will be around 19-20 so that's even an option. Good management means sometimes saying no to players even when they don't like it.

The Adams thing is a non-factor at this stage - other than AR gloming on to Davante's "Last Dance" mssg on Instagram. A publicy hound's gonna be a hound.

Other than that, it wouldnt have any relevance at all. There's time and  options on Davante's situation.

Funnily enough - AR's under contract for three more years - so the "Chinese fire drill" associated with this entire affair is intriguing.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm confused. 

There is absolutely nothing that happened with Zadarius. And pretty sure you agree that breaking the bank for Adams would be the actual mismanagement.

42 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm confused. 

There is absolutely nothing that happened with Zadarius. And pretty sure you agree that breaking the bank for Adams would be the actual mismanagement.

Z was ticked over the Packers doing something or another to his contract and posted about needing a realtor in Green Bay.  It’s like… Talk to him before you do it.

With Adams, absolutely.  But lie to him until the Rodgers situation is over.

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Z was ticked over the Packers doing something or another to his contract and posted about needing a realtor in Green Bay.  It’s like… Talk to him before you do it.

With Adams, absolutely.  But lie to him until the Rodgers situation is over.

He clarified what he originally posted by saying he was looking for a bigger house. It was absolutely nothing to do with the Packers organization.

Again, how did the Packers management screw up the Rodgers situation?

Management did, more or less, what our fans have always wanted and now we’re seeing the consequences and people don’t like it. If Z is upset, it’s because of the exact sort of move it takes for the “cap is fake” people to be satisfied. The only way you keep the talented team of 2020 together is through cap and contract manipulation. It’s what our fans wanted. Hell, they’re even complaining because Gute didn’t sign MORE players! We can’t! We’re strapped to the gills and next year is going to be even worse. These are the consequences. Fans don’t have to like the individual moves that are made, but this is what happens when you do this sort of thing. All of a sudden, there isn’t enough to go around anymore. Kansas City will be in this same spot in a year or two. 

22 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Management did, more or less, what our fans have always wanted and now we’re seeing the consequences and people don’t like it. If Z is upset, it’s because of the exact sort of move it takes for the “cap is fake” people to be satisfied. The only way you keep the talented team of 2020 together is through cap and contract manipulation. It’s what our fans wanted. Hell, they’re even complaining because Gute didn’t sign MORE players! We can’t! We’re strapped to the gills and next year is going to be even worse. These are the consequences. Fans don’t have to like the individual moves that are made, but this is what happens when you do this sort of thing. All of a sudden, there isn’t enough to go around anymore. Kansas City will be in this same spot in a year or two. 

Trade Rodgers and cut Preston Smith and we're there. You can make other moves, like extend Z. Smith go gain 15 million. Extend Jaire and save 4-5 million. 

There are several other moves you can make to get additional cap space.