Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, incognito_man said:

You didn't bury anyone lol

You made the claim. You refuse to provide evidence for YOUR claim. Bad look. It's not my job to find evidence of some invented claim you made...

I most certainly did. And you know it. And no, I'm not going to waste my time chasing down info that an informed fan should already know. I know it's your style of arguing, but I'm over it.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, his issues are he's an entitled little *****.

I agree. But he's an entitled little ***** who is also one of the best players in the league at the most important position in the league. Hence why we haven't just moved on from the problem yet. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 9:03 AM, Old Guy said:

Not disputing that claim because obviously our defense has been terrible since the last Super Bowl win. This past year we showed signs of life. 

The talent we have on defense is as good as the defense we last won a Super Bowl with. We have a lot of really good young players 25 and under: Gary, Alexander, Savage, Barnes, Clark. That is a heck of a core to build around. Now if some of the other guys come around like Stokes this could be a dominant defense when you throw in guys like the Smiths and Amos who are still in their 20's as well. 

Right, but outside of Kenny Clark, who do we really have on that IDL? You gotta remember that we had a TON of talent on that DL and could switch 4-3/3-4 with that front-7 because of the talent we had there. We're kind of the other way around with this current group if you really look at it. Sure, you have our stout pass-rush, but Kamal Martin is not George Koonce, but the secondary is eons better than what we had in the 90's TBH. I'm warming up on Stokes a bit more each day as the more I read our discussion and the more I reflect on how a present day secondary functions, the more I think he's going to be a very speedy weapon at Joe Barry's disposal. He's pegged as a boundary guy but I think he can play slot.

Again, I pose the question: what is that defense really going to look like? Once that is answered(probably by Week 7), we can then debate how good the unit actually is.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:44 AM, R T said:

Kansas City 22nd

Again I just looked it up on ESPN and I think DVOA ratings are jut weird - a guy sent me another DVOA site that had them at 13. Packers need to lay better in the big games and that includes the QB.

Andy Herman -  RIP “Aaron Rodgers will never play for the Packers again” news.

Official time of death: 11:50am

April 29, 2021 - July 26, 2021

“Aaron Rodgers will never play for the Packers again” news is survived by his closest family members, “Fire Gutekunst” & Blake Bortles’ Packer career

7 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

I just looked it up on ESPN and the Packers were ranked 9th. DVOA ratings that you used are just plain weird IMO ha.

DVOA >>>

it's the best "snapshot" relative ranking "stat" available. It's perfect use is a case like this where one is seeking a quick, "ballpark" ranking of a unit for year-to-year comparison.

Just now, incognito_man said:

DVOA >>>

it's the best "snapshot" relative ranking "stat" available. It's perfect use is a case like this where one is seeking a quick, "ballpark" ranking of a unit for year-to-year comparison.

That's fine again I just looked the rankings up on ESPN and they listed the Packers D at 9. .I do think the defense will be even better this year so come back Aaron and lets win it all.

Zach Kruse -  I think he was pissed, he tried to get out, the team didn't budge on not trading him, and without any good options, he resigned himself to his fate. Play in GB in 2021 or don't play at all.

• Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   100% agreed. I think the noise with the 49ers & the Broncos trade rumors was Rodgers (not the Packers) reaching out to those teams saying "I want out, make an offer to Green Bay, let's make this happen from your end" type of dealings which blew up in his face more or less.

What good would "informing" Rodgers do? All it does is give the opportunity for him to feel like he can tell you he doesn't like that idea and get MORE po'd. The Packers openly said depending how the board fell it could happen, they'd consider a QB. That's as open intention as a team will ever be. Personally I'd have loved a trade up high enough for Jefferson, but I like the value of Love where they took him and it makes organizational sense. Before 2020 there was serious question if Rodgers was still "elite". How much benefit was it for Rodgers to play with no crowds last year? Personally I feel it helps him more than most. These are all reasons why the best thing the Packers can have is flexibility. They paid him huge money up front on a 4 year extension that he has 3 years left on. Financially he was always going to be the guy this year, and next probably if he played at a similar level. Now at this point? Last hurrah. Trade Rodgers consider tag and trading Adams and extend Z. Try and get a promising young WR like Jeudy or Ruggs in the deal if possible. Reload with a boatload of cheap young talent with ammo to be aggressive moving up for a star or two. It just is the smart path forward from here.

• Like 1