Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

36 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

We havent used the tag since 2010, only team to not use one this decade. It is unlikely we would use it on Davante, but who knows. 

This can’t be true. I have a source with SEVENTEEN years inside knowledge of the organization that says the organization hates PEOPLE.  I’ll bet they’ve been double secret tagging guys all along. 

• Like 1

Really hoping we can sign Geno Atkins and at least bring a veteran ILB into camp to compete. I would feel pretty good about this team if those two things can happen, mainly signing Geno.

Edit: Would also be happy with Jurrell Casey and possibly Kawann Short(not sure how much his play has dropped off or if he is a scheme fit.)

Edited by Victor1124

PFT -  To the extent that Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers returned to Green Bay with a verbal promise that they will consider trading him after the season, Rodgers has reason to doubt whether the Packers will actually do it.

As Paul Allen of KFAN said during my weekly spot with him on Wednesday morning, and as Chris Simms reiterated during our special Wednesday hiatus edition of PFT Live, Rodgers believes the Packers told him early in the offseason that they’d trade him, and then they didn’t trade him.

Rodgers didn’t mention that he’d been told he’d be traded during Wednesday’s press conference, during which he peeled the curtain back on his relationship with the organization. But that’s another factor in this dysfunctional relationship that points toward 2021 being the quarterback’s final year in Green Bay.

Remember, the catalyst for the Rodgers-wants-out reports wasn’t Schefter’s draft-afternoon report that he was apparently holding in his back pocket for whenever he deemed the time was right. The spark came from Paul Allen, who reported on the morning of the 2021 draft that the 49ers tried to trade for Rodgers, that the Packers refused, and that Rodgers was pissed off.

He still seemed a little pissed off on Wednesday, and he had no reason to pull punches. Even though he caved and showed up without getting much in return, he has the bully pulpit. On Tuesday, he showed that he’s willing to use it.

1 hour ago, Victor1124 said:

Really hoping we can sign Geno Atkins and at least bring a veteran ILB into camp to compete. I would feel pretty good about this team if those two things can happen, mainly signing Geno.

Edit: Would also be happy with Jurrell Casey and possibly Kawann Short(not sure how much his play has dropped off or if he is a scheme fit.)

So basically any big name with no game left works for you.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Leader said:

PFT -  To the extent that Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers returned to Green Bay with a verbal promise that they will consider trading him after the season, Rodgers has reason to doubt whether the Packers will actually do it.

As Paul Allen of KFAN said during my weekly spot with him on Wednesday morning, and as Chris Simms reiterated during our special Wednesday hiatus edition of PFT Live, Rodgers believes the Packers told him early in the offseason that they’d trade him, and then they didn’t trade him.

Rodgers didn’t mention that he’d been told he’d be traded during Wednesday’s press conference, during which he peeled the curtain back on his relationship with the organization. But that’s another factor in this dysfunctional relationship that points toward 2021 being the quarterback’s final year in Green Bay.

Remember, the catalyst for the Rodgers-wants-out reports wasn’t Schefter’s draft-afternoon report that he was apparently holding in his back pocket for whenever he deemed the time was right. The spark came from Paul Allen, who reported on the morning of the 2021 draft that the 49ers tried to trade for Rodgers, that the Packers refused, and that Rodgers was pissed off.

He still seemed a little pissed off on Wednesday, and he had no reason to pull punches. Even though he caved and showed up without getting much in return, he has the bully pulpit. On Tuesday, he showed that he’s willing to use it.

I just don’t see any scenario, based on dead cap, AR’s amazing level of play, Love’s non existent evaluation or just generally wise move by the team where the Pack would trade him this year. I also can’t see any scenario where they would leak the discontent, so it either was Rodgers’ camp or a team like the 9ers who only would have sought a trade if they thought there was a possible chance 12 wanted out, which would have also come from his camp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I just don’t see any scenario, based on dead cap, AR’s amazing level of play, Love’s non existent evaluation or just generally wise move by the team where the Pack would trade him this year. I also can’t see any scenario where they would leak the discontent, so it either was Rodgers’ camp or a team like the 9ers who only would have sought a trade if they thought there was a possible chance 12 wanted out, which would have also come from his camp.

Jason Wilde has all but directly admitted that Rodgers told him the leak came from San Francisco.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Jason Wilde has all but directly admitted that Rodgers told him the leak came from San Francisco.

It seems most likely, but his being disconnected gave some credibility to it on draft day no less. Who leaked that?  It’s like when  Sonny spoke out about wanting to take a deal in front of the other families and ended up almost getting the Don assassinated.  Don’t talk family business outside of the family. Or maybe the 49ers made it all up whole cloth and tried to throw a bomb on draft day on one of their top competitors. I still think someone was talking and gave the opposition ammunition to work with and it wasn’t our front office. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Well one things for damn sure.....we're not trading him to SF.
They can die on the vine with Jimmy G or Trey.

Definitely not.  He can try to Favre his way there if he really thinks that will be the storybook ending to his career and I would hope it ends with the same result. 

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andrew Brandt on the Ross Tucker Podcast - 

“The Packers won here … we’re just not there with player empowerment … if the elite of the elite can’t force a better resolution than this, who can?

"Better resolution"... that's hilarious.  A better resolution would have been not crumbling into pieces in the 4Q of the NFCCG.