Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Of the Packers I’ve seen wearing a mask in settings outside of practice:

22 Williams, 59 Campbell, 55 Smith, possibly 86 Taylor.

Z obviously the biggest name there but Campbell has been getting reps and is possible  to start.  I’m not saying those are guys who are definitely not vaxed, but it would seem to be an indication with other possible explanations. 

I don’t want to get into a whole tangent, but guys who are not willing to get vaccinated can create a liability not just from a health standpoint but create extra layers of protocols and possible forfeiture of games. We’ll see how things unfold but I hope this doesn’t become a bigger story. 

Just now, Refugee said:

Z obviously the biggest name there but Campbell has been getting reps and is possible  to start.  I’m not saying those are guys who are definitely not vaxed, but it would seem to be an indication with other possible explanations. 

I don’t want to get into a whole tangent, but guys who are not willing to get vaccinated can create a liability not just from a health standpoint but create extra layers of protocols and possible forfeiture of games. We’ll see how things unfold but I hope this doesn’t become a bigger story. 

If there is a close call for a roster spot the guy who isn't vaccinated is probably going to wind up out of a job.  If I was an agent is be pleading with my guys to get the vax. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If there is a close call for a roster spot the guy who isn't vaccinated is probably going to wind up out of a job.  If I was an agent is be pleading with my guys to get the vax. 

Yeah, Dexter and I believe Malik(didn’t see his number) would be guys I’d expect to follow the company line.  Not to mention, if they get cut they are less desirable for any team that would pick them up.

17 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Z obviously the biggest name there but Campbell has been getting reps and is possible  to start.  I’m not saying those are guys who are definitely not vaxed, but it would seem to be an indication with other possible explanations. I don’t want to get into a whole tangent, but guys who are not willing to get vaccinated can create a liability not just from a health standpoint but create extra layers of protocols and possible forfeiture of games. We’ll see how things unfold but I hope this doesn’t become a bigger story. 

Are there known (or suspected) preexisting conditions that would constitute medical cause for not getting the shot?

Early on there were some blood clot issues...after taking the shot. I *think* that was with the AstraZeneca vaccine - which hasnt gotten widespread usage in this country - but I've not heard much about them recently - i.e. - have folks with blood clot issues not been getting the shot? 

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Are there known (or suspected) preexisting conditions that would constitute medical cause for not getting the shot?

Early on there were some blood clot issues...after taking the shot. I *think* that was with the AstraZeneca vaccine - which hasnt gotten widespread usage in this country - but I've not heard much about them recently - i.e. - have folks with blood clot issues not been getting the shot? 

I don’t want to get into a medical discussion here, mainly because it’s not my area of expertise but also because it won’t turn into anything constructive on this board. Mainly, I’m just looking at what it could mean for the team, especially if there is an outbreak in the locker room, and also as to who makes the final cuts. 

10 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t want to get into a medical discussion here, mainly because it’s not my area of expertise but also because it won’t turn into anything constructive on this board. Mainly, I’m just looking at what it could mean for the team, especially if there is an outbreak in the locker room, and also as to who makes the final cuts. 

I was just wondering (so thought to ask.....) if anybody had heard any news items - data - which wouldnt require medical expertise or an opinion - but no problem.

Paul Bretl - 

According to Ken Ingalls, the Packers’ salary cap guru on Twitter, Green Bay has pushed $26.8 million worth of cap charges from 2021 to 2022. And at the moment, the Green Bay Packers are $50.81 million over the projected 2022 salary-cap figure, according to Over the Cap.

Add that with the uncertainty surrounding Aaron Rodgers’ future with the Green Bay Packers beyond this season — meaning that he is likely gone — and there are going to be a lot of changes coming next offseason.

And, of course, GM Brian Gutekunst knows this. He knows that Rodgers could, and likely will be traded, he knows that Davante Adams may not re-sign, and he knows that there will be a lot of difficult roster decisions to make. This is why this team has gone to such extreme financial lengths this offseason and made those “concessions” to Rodgers–2021 is their best opportunity to win a Super Bowl and really is shaping up to be a “Last Dance” for this particular group of players.

Now, that isn’t to say they can’t or won’t be successful in 2022; I’m not saying that at all. But it will be different, and odds are that they won’t be nearly as good.

52 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Back in the early days of the vaccine................pregnancy ?

This is true....but I've read recent articles calling for pregnant women to get vaccinated.
Not sure what was going on or what changed though.

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

IIRC the CDC has said it's safer to be masked even if one has been vaccinated what with the Delta Variant floating around, so I don't know that masking indicates anything, as most people who haven't been vaccinated are also vehemently anti-mask. 

Tom Silverstein -  Grading the decisions on the 12 players Aaron Rodgers says were treated poorly by the Packers.

• Peter Bukowski -  I am sure Rodgers would take exception with using analytics here as he spoke about vet leadership etc., but it’s hard to argue with the results. Packers were right way more often than not.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

This.  NFL teams have no issue  with colluding away a problem even though it’s against the rules.  I suspect cut downs league wide will have some surprises so the rest get the picture.   It’s going to come down to contract details in the end for who is left out in the cold.  There will be nothing written or spoken but the message will be sent.