Carson Palmer Retires

bucsfan333

17 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I expect Larry's within the next few days...Sucks for the cards. Hope they all enjoy retirement.

Reports have said so far that Carson and Bruce's retirements won't factor in for Larry. More so who the new head coach is will determine whether he comes back or not. At least that's what all our beat guys and people close to the organization have been saying

As I said in the other thread: 

Probably a bit of an underrated career all things considered. I will always wonder if he would have been even better if not for the injury. He was really one of the best quarterbacks in the league at that point. Would he have continued getting better, stayed at the same level, or regressed anyway?

But my understanding is that he's always been great with his money, and at 38, there's just no reason to put yourself through that any more. Best of luck to him moving forward. Looks like things are going to be a lot different in Arizona next year. 

Funny that people entirely forget that he quit on the Bengals and demanded a trade or he would retire. Always been interesting to me that gets forgotten when talking about his legacy. It's interesting thinking about a QB as talented as him and who played as long as him only went to the playoffs 3 times with 1 victory.

Archived