Carson Palmer announces retirement

.Buzz

Coming off an injury and turning 38 this year? Don't think the Cardinals were likely to be Superb Owl contenders next year especially in a stacked NFC. This doesn't surprise me, Carson was very mediocre aside from 3 seasons.

Probably a bit of an underrated career all things considered. I will always wonder if he would have been even better if not for the injury. He was really one of the best quarterbacks in the league at that point. But my understanding is that he's always been great with his money, and at 38, there's just no reason to put yourself through that any more. Best of luck to him moving forward. Looks like things are going to be a lot different in Arizona next year. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably a bit of an underrated career all things considered. I will always wonder if he would have been even better if not for the injury. He was really one of the best quarterbacks in the league at that point. But my understanding is that he's always been great with his money, and at 38, there's just no reason to put yourself through that any more. Best of luck to him moving forward. Looks like things are going to be a lot different in Arizona next year. 

I feel the same. Being an LA kid growing up, I always had a lot of respect for Palmer. And he was a fantastic presence in Oakland. Always took responsibility like a man for everything in a less than ideal situation. I was happy to see him have success in Arizona.

Archived