Bengals extend HC Marvin Lewis through 2019 season

marky mark

7 minutes ago, Sacks98 said:

The Bengals could do better but Marvis Lewis isn't that terrible of a head coach.

From a results standpoint, he’s better than most but you just haven’t seen evidence of the results getting any better. He is unfortunate that the last time they were in the playoffs they very should’ve won had it not been for a Jeremy Hill fumble.

12 hours ago, lancerman said:

And I agree with that to a point, but the reality is that it's going to be a lot easier for the Bengals to find a head coach who comes up short of improving on Lewis than the other way around. He hasn't done it in the playoffs. I get that. His ceiling isn't getting his team over the hump. I get that too. He's basically the Andy Dalton of coaches. It's easy to say he's not getting it done, but have fun trying to find someone better. 

I think the quicker you rip off the band-aid, the quicker you deal with the pain and move on. OK, there's a tank season in there - get it out of the way, move on. Better than this constant bobbing in middle ground land.

Lewis seems like a more skilled talent evaluator vs a coach. He can get the bodies in, but they underperform, for the most part. 

Let him but the groceries, let someone else cook the meal.

Just now, the lone star said:

You are correct sir.

d653b0a6b9d1eec7be1c0a1fada35bcf281dc4f7035135bd748095afb3a370ae.jpg

sad but true isn't it, I mean the 0-7 in the playoffs is the part that gets me. Regular season records don't have the same meaning as post season. If you are winless in the post season why bother playing other than for a cheque?

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

sad but true isn't it, I mean the 0-7 in the playoffs is the part that gets me. Regular season records don't have the same meaning as post season. If you are winless in the post season why bother playing other than for a cheque?

They might be able to get a win soon enough.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:15 PM, LeeEvans said:

Idk, tanking worked out pretty well for us. 

We have to find ourselves a Bengals/Arsenal fan on the site; that would have to be the most prolonged-mediocrity-induced-depressed unicorn imaginable.

16 minutes ago, The LBC said:

We have to find ourselves a Bengals/Arsenal fan on the site; that would have to be the most prolonged-mediocrity-induced-depressed unicorn imaginable.

I assume that person would be an extremely heavy drinker! Hahaha.

When your owner lacks the money to compete on an even playing field, he does what he has to do and Brown just isn't rich enough to do a whole lot!!!

Lewis, when he has talent, can win in the NFL and that is good enough for Brown. Remember, Cincy loses its fair share of FA's and rarely signs anybody of note. They have the smallest scouting department in the NFL which can often cost them on draft day. Lewis lost his right hand man in Zimmer and has paid the price, but as long as the team plays hard for Lewis, Brown will not make a change.

Archived