Marvin signs a 2 year contract

ochocinco4pres

5 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

While I agree it would have been better to look at other options, no matter who you brought in was gonna struggle with that O-line

When they are too stubborn to try new things that is what you get. Finally they get Redmond and Westerman in there and look, a running game and 2 wins....

3 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

When they are too stubborn to try new things that is what you get. Finally they get Redmond and Westerman in there and look, a running game and 2 wins....

That and moving Boling out to LT which is something they should have done sooner 

I suppose a Bengals 3-4 looks would look like this, albeit I expect us to remain a 4-3 team

LDE: Geno Atkins, Ryan Glasgow
NT: Andrew Billings, Josh Tupou
RDE: Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson, DeShawn Williams
LOLB: Jordan Willis, Chris Smith
LILB: Vontaze Burfict, Nick Vigil, Hardy Nickerson
RILB: Vincent Rey, Jordan Evans
ROLB: Carl Lawson, Carl Bradford

Dunlap doesn't really fit a 3-4, but he's talented, so I'd still have him on the field.  The starters at LB are solid (albeit I'd want an upgrade over Rey), but the depth (especially at ILB) would need to be new (bigger, stronger, shed blockers better).

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

So really we are only going to see a new oline coach and possibly new d coordinator 

Quite honestly a better offensive line raises the tide on the whole ship. They're not that far away. So while I'm a little disappointed Marvin is back and the only turnover is Alexander, I'm not surprised. 

Archived