Mock Draft/Off-season Thread

OhioG

I figured as the off-season goes on we all get hundreds of scenarios running through our heads.

We should just keep a thread for the off the cuff mocks 

Obviously if you want to do a full on thread with picks and long descriptions, make a new topic.

Ill start off:

FA
AJ McCarron - QB - I dont particularly care for AJ but Hue needs someone to come in right away and know the system since he clearly wont adjust it for anyone. I think McCarron with this team is good for like 5-7 wins.

Terelle Pryor - WR - I have my reservations about him and his personality since rarely do you hear anything good about him from former teammates. But we need a WR badly. Josh is still at risk, Corey Coleman still has to develop. Rashard Higgins is a solid number 4. Ricardo Louis needs to be cut. He can be a solid #2 WR. 

Kyle Fuller - CB - He absolutely shut down Josh Gordon. He is young and we need CBs
or
Trumaine Johnson - CB - If we keep Gregg Williams then this would make sense even though I prefer Fuller

Draft

1) Sam Darnold - QB - Still my ride or die QB in this years draft. He can sit behind AJ this year and work on his craft.

1) Saquon Barkley - RB - Hue doesnt like to run but I like Barkley and think we need a good RB if we have AJ or a young QB
Alternative: Minkah Fitzpatrick - FS - Baller: enough said.

2) Denzel Ward/Ken Webster - CB - Because we need more CBs

2) Armani Watts - FS - We need a playmaker at FS and I liked this guy last year. Will allow us to move Peppers back to SS
Alternative: Kerryon Johnson/Nick Chubb - RB

1 hour ago, ohiogenius said:

I figured as the off-season goes on we all get hundreds of scenarios running through our heads.

Obviously if you want to do a full on thread with picks and long descriptions, make a new topic.

Ill start off:

FA
AJ McCarron - QB - I dont particularly care for AJ but Hue needs someone to come in right away and know the system since he clearly wont adjust it for anyone. I think McCarron with this team is good for like 5-7 wins.

Terelle Pryor - WR - I have my reservations about him and his personality since rarely do you hear anything good about him from former teammates. But we need a WR badly. Josh is still at risk, Corey Coleman still has to develop. Rashard Higgins is a solid number 4. Ricardo Louis needs to be cut. He can be a solid #2 WR. 

Kyle Fuller - CB - He absolutely shut down Josh Gordon. He is young and we need CBs
or
Trumaine Johnson - CB - If we keep Gregg Williams then this would make sense even though I prefer Fuller

Draft

1) Sam Darnold - QB - Still my ride or die QB in this years draft. He can sit behind AJ this year and work on his craft.

1) Saquon Barkley - RB - Hue doesnt like to run but I like Barkley and think we need a good RB if we have AJ or a young QB

2) Armani Watts - FS - We need a playmaker at FS and I liked this guy last year. Will allow us to move Peppers back to SS

So far, so good.

Keep going.

@ohiogenius

Best offseason I've seen.

Everything except Ken Webster that has terrible knee problems is great.

I'm all about 3 corners that can play man coverage. Gives our rushers a chance to cause havoc.

Trumaine Johnson, Kyle Fuller, and Denzel Ward along with a player that allows us to move Jabrill to SS===a tremendous  offseason.

We must let Sam Darnold go as sad as it is....he is returning to USC....book it.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

So far, so good.

Keep going.

I didnt follow college football much this year so I dont know much about the prospects. I just picked the names that were familiar or in the case of CBs ones that had a round 1-2 projection 

I would say if someone has a detailed mock/offseason, they should create their own threads. Webby likes more threads with this new site.

If its someone just posting a simple first few picks mock, they shouldnt create their own 

Sam Darnold returns to School Mock 

Free Agency:

QB-AJ McCarron 

WR-Allen Robinson 

CB-Trumaine Johnson 

Draft:

Trade: Broncos get 1 

Browns get 1 and 3 in 17 and 1 and 4 in 18 plus CB Chris Harris Jr

4. Minka Fitzpatrick FS 

5. Baker Mayfield QB 

33. Calvin Ridley WR

35. Mark Andrews TE 

60. Sony Michel RB

65. Nick Chubb RB

69. Josey Jewell MLB 

Stacked the secondary. Defense is done. QB position is stable for now with McCarron. Risky with Baker. Upgraded WR core. Two headed monster at big TE and RB. And a solid LB 

I'll throw my first mock here as well:

Alex Smith QB - Trade 2nd and 5th
Jarvis Landry WR - Big FA signing
Malcolm Butler CB - quality CB from NE
Cody Lattimer WR - Good under the Radar signing. 

Draft

1 - Darnold. QB If we have a little patience the kid is going to be epic. 
1a - Barkley. RB We need talent on the offense. 
2 - Kolton Miller RT Our right tackle is hot garbage. Miller is one of the better RTs in the draft. He might be available in the 3rd.. according to mock drafts I've seen but that doesn't mean anything. I like him here and I'll stick by it. 
2a - James Washington WR Again I've said it before and now again... I never want to see the practice squad all-stars on this team again. 
2B - Traded for Alex Smith. 

I'm aware the 2nd round can be switched up. I feel we need to address RT and potential LT is a big way. If we kept Schwartz we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Also Washington can easily be replaced with Isiah Oliver or another CB. 

Another note on why Alex Smith? KC is in cap space hell right now. They need to drop players in order to have cash to sign their rookies. Alex Smith is making a mint with them. Dorsey liked Alex Smith enough to sign him to a big contract. Why wouldn't Dorsey want to bring in a QB he knows? KC moves him because they are ready to move on. They get cap relief and we get a vet that isn't a journey for once. Win/win.

That is all

Mastercheddaar

20 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Ill start off:

FA

or

Draft

The one thing I'd swap (other than the coach and his weird obsession with a meh backup QB) would be to dump Pryor and back a couple Brinks trucks up to Allen Robinson instead. I don't think JAX will have the cap space to franchise him.

Ok I'll give this a whirl. At least to round 4 lol. 

FA Signings: 

RB Carlos Hyde. Perfect compliment to Duke. 

WR Terrelle Pryor. Bring him back home. 

CB either Fuller, Butler, or Joseph anyone would be a huge upgrade. 

FS Bradley McDougald fills maybe the biggest need other then QB. Let's get Peppers to his right position at SS. 

2018 NFL Draft 

1.1 QB Sam Darnold: so glad he entered the draft. I like Rosen's ability but not his personality. I think this is a slam dunk pick and Darnold will be a stud in the NFL. 

1.4 CB Minkah Fitzpatrick: if he is not available then either Barkley or trade down but stay in top 10 to get Denzel Ward and get another 1st rounder for next year. With this being a heavy QB draft i think a lot of teams will overpay to move up. 

2.1 WR Christian Kirk: I wouldn't mind James Washington here either but I think Kirk is gonna be really good at least in the slot to start him off. 

2.4 CB Jaire Alexander: no doubt CB is a glaring need of ours. 

2.31ish RB Damian Harris: a nice complement to Duke. 

3.1  OT Jamarco Jones: Need to shore up that right side. 

4.1 FS Armani Watts: i think this is a good fit. 

4.28ish TE Adam Beneman: let's use some lethal 2 pass catching TE sets. 

There you have it. Went off CBS sports line 7 round mock to gage where everyone comes of the board. I'm sure you guys will mock my mock so have at it gentlemen. 

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Ok I'll give this a whirl. At least to round 4 lol. 

FA Signings: 

RB Carlos Hyde. Perfect compliment to Duke. 

WR Terrelle Pryor. Bring him back home. 

CB either Fuller, Butler, or Joseph anyone would be a huge upgrade. 

FS Bradley McDougald fills maybe the biggest need other then QB. Let's get Peppers to his right position at SS. 

2018 NFL Draft 

1.1 QB Sam Darnold: so glad he entered the draft. I like Rosen's ability but not his personality. I think this is a slam dunk pick and Darnold will be a stud in the NFL. 

1.4 CB Minkah Fitzpatrick: if he is not available then either Barkley or trade down but stay in top 10 to get Denzel Ward and get another 1st rounder for next year. With this being a heavy QB draft i think a lot of teams will overpay to move up. 

2.1 WR Christian Kirk: I wouldn't mind James Washington here either but I think Kirk is gonna be really good at least in the slot to start him off. 

2.4 CB Jaire Alexander: no doubt CB is a glaring need of ours. 

2.31ish RB Damian Harris: a nice complement to Duke. 

3.1  OT Jamarco Jones: Need to shore up that right side. 

4.1 FS Armani Watts: i think this is a good fit. 

4.28ish TE Adam Beneman: let's use some lethal 2 pass catching TE sets. 

There you have it. Went off CBS sports line 7 round mock to gage where everyone comes of the board. I'm sure you guys will mock my mock so have at it gentlemen. 

I like the off-season. Only a few differences.

I would want to sign a QB (at least like a backup that can either start now and let Darnold sit, or someone Darnold can talk to and learn from).

If we signed a RB, a #1 CB and a FS I would work to try and trade down at 4 like you said and get a future first to take a WR or another CB in the first (Ridley? Ward?).

Archived