Mock Draft/Off-season Thread

OhioG

54 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

If he retires. I can see a trade down and Marvin Williams or Orlando brown being the pick. We need to protect our franchise 

Why trade down?Trade up with those 2nd rd picks. 

Want to protect the future, get him the best offensive playmaker  and a new LT.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Why trade down?Trade up with those 2nd rd picks. 

Want to protect the future, get him the best offensive playmaker  and a new LT.

AGREED.

Price and or Brown and I wouldn't complain. Can't wait to see how free agency shakes out.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Price for sure.

I would love to get the best center to go along with the #1 overall QB. Make that a marriage for the next 10-12 years. 

I cant see JT retiring just yet. I don’t think he wants his last play as a brown to be an injury. To me he has to allow this offseason to play out. If it turns out to be the same ole same ole, allow him to run off into the sunset and 2019 you use it to draft his replacement

54 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would love to get the best center to go along with the #1 overall QB. Make that a marriage for the next 10-12 years. 

I cant see JT retiring just yet. I don’t think he wants his last play as a brown to be an injury. To me he has to allow this offseason to play out. If it turns out to be the same ole same ole, allow him to run off into the sunset and 2019 you use it to draft his replacement

Agree.

Don't think his replacement is in the draft or FA this year.

6 hours ago, pnies20 said:

We would get more than a 3rd for the jets to come up to get Rosen.

wed get a 2nd this year and next hopefully

also... 3 CB in the 1st??? No.

1. Really strong insights there

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Trade our 1(4) to the NYJets for their 1st(6) + 2nd round picks in 2018 and their 1st and 3rd round in 2018.

2. You definitely can read

31 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Denzel Ward won’t make it to the 20s. The most important component to a corners game, hips, he’s got em like shakira. He’s also super fast. He could go top 10.

The only thing that might keep him out of the top 15 and probably keeping him out of the top ten is his size. 5'10 and 190 lbs isn't very large.  If he can bulk up a little in the offseason and keep his speed it will fair him well. 

18 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right, I think at #4 it comes down to Barkley and Fitzpatrick 1a and 1b. If the Colts take Barkley, dont overthink it--just take Fitzpatrick.

The one weird thing I can see thrown into this plan is the QB trade ups. What happens when we are on the clock at #4 and the Broncos or Cardinals call wanting to swap spots because they want to take Mayfield/Allen when Fitzpatrick or Barkley are sitting there on the board.

Trade down with the Broncos - we'd still get Barkley or Minkah or Chubb, thus landing a beast plus extra picks. I wouldn't want to slide down any further than that, so no to the Cards unless the package they give us is out of this world, preferably picks and a very good proven starter.

Important Offseason Dates

January 15 - Deadline for college players who are underclassmen to apply for special eligibility. A list of players who are accepted into the NFL Draft will be sent to clubs on January 19.

January 20 - East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida.

January 20 - NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California.

January 27- Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama.

February 5 - Waiver system begins for 2018.

February 20- First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

Feb 27-March 5 - NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

March 6 - Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 12-14 - Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 12. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

March 14 - Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2018 on all players who have option clauses in their 2017 contracts.                                                          

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents w/ expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.        

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2017 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit. 

Top 51 begins. All clubs must be under the 2018 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

All 2017 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The 2018 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time

Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

April 16 - Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

April 20 - Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.

April 26-28 - 2018 NFL Draft, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX.

I did one of those dumb first-pick mocks and know it’s unrealistic and we would need some FA help but I think it turned out pretty well  

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 4: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa (B)
Round 2 Pick 30: Armani Watts, FS, Texas AM (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Ronald Jones II, RB, Southern California (B+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas-San Antonio (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Kurt Benkert, QB, Virginia (A-)
Round 7 Pick 1: Darren Carrington II, WR, Utah (A)

1 minute ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I did one of those dumb first-pick mocks and know it’s unrealistic and we would need some FA help but I think it turned out pretty well  

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 4: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa (B)
Round 2 Pick 30: Armani Watts, FS, Texas AM (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Ronald Jones II, RB, Southern California (B+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas-San Antonio (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Kurt Benkert, QB, Virginia (A-)
Round 7 Pick 1: Darren Carrington II, WR, Utah (A)

Whenever you copy and paste use Control + Shift + V

It gets rid of the copied texts format and pastes it normally

Archived