Vikings OC Pat Shurmer hired to be HC

Acgott

30 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I was not  into either Patriot assistant, given what was left out there this is a good hire.

He needs to be allowed to pick his QB here, and not he forced to play Eli. Let him take the qb he wants at #2, and go from there. 

6 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I was not  into either Patriot assistant, given what was left out there this is a good hire.

@Go_Giants- Not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, I keep reading that Shurmur is an offensive mastermind, and a quarterback guru (or "whisperer", whatever that means); then, on the other, I have read opinions that he is not a strong enough leader and locker-room presence. What do you think? 

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

You guys can have him after the Vikings win the Super Bowl! Haha

Gosh, that's right! Let's not forget about that little detail, the Minnesota Vikings becoming the First Home-Team Super-Bowl Winner, putting to rest the ghosts of Joe Kapp, and Fran Tarkenton; of Hank Stram yelping about Kassulke "running around like it's a Chinese Fire Drill!"; this is the Year of the Vikings, and we shall not in our eagerness to bring Coach Shurmur on board the chaotic Party Boat that is the New York Giants detract from their achievement, nor diminish their glory! (February 4th, is it, the fateful day?)

Quarterback "Whisperer" (que?), offensive guru, nice-guy-overmatched-at-total-control, whatever, it all can wait, until the Lombardi Trophy (!) graces the Twin Cities, and the statue of Paul Bunyan and "Babe", His Fat Wife (sorry, The Blue Ox) outside of Bemidji has been replaced by a Rushmorian Monument carved in the likeness of Stefon Diggs, Top-10 receiver, worker of playoff miracles, the Brightest Star in the Northern Lights!!!

Image result for stefon diggs

1 hour ago, w4rrior723 said:

If Shurmur gets the job, I think it means there's a good chance Spags stays on as DC if he's interested in it due to their connection from St Louis. How would you guys feel about that?

No. We need a new direction all around. Defense fell apart under Spags. We had 3 defensive backs get suspended under Spag.

10 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

Both coordinators are gone.  What new head coach would want to keep coordinators they don't know and have never worked with (also, didn't pick). 

Shurmur was OC under Spagnuolo in St. Louis. That's the only reason I'm asking. Do you think that will be the familiarity he's looking for? We shall see.

Archived