The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

No doubt we'll see them pursue (and end up getting nowhere with) Simeone again.  Still feels a bit early on Nagelsmann.  Do they go 3 for 3 with Italians and go after Di Francesco?  It'd be dumb to think they don't at least try for Poch - but I wouldn't have confidence in them securing him given the turnover of managers there under Roman.  Maybe they go after someone that actually has PL familiarity and bring back Carlo similar to when they brought Jose back?  I'd say there's probably good odds that you're right though and Zidane is managing one of either Chelsea or United next season.

I suppose the more pressing question is, if Sarri goes, do they poach Rafa to come play caretaker again?

Ancelotti would be an interesting hire. He was pretty well received by the fans. I dont see any interest from Poch, no matter what they promise him. His potential interest would be United and Real, if any. 

I dont think the get rid of Sarri during the season. Doesn't make much sense to me. Rafa was and probably still is hated by the Chelsea fans. That would be an unpopular hire, even as interim.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kempus said:

Ancelotti would be an interesting hire. He was pretty well received by the fans. I dont see any interest from Poch, no matter what they promise him. His potential interest would be United and Real, if any. 

I dont think the get rid of Sarri during the season. Doesn't make much sense to me. Rafa was and probably still is hated by the Chelsea fans. That would be an unpopular hire, even as interim.

I also have trouble seeing Rafa outright leaving Newcastle to return to Chelsea without a promise that he was getting at least the 2019-20 season to make a case for having the position more permanently.  He's too pragmatic for something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, persiandud said:

i want zidane. gives chelsea one last chance at retaining hazard 

That ship has sailed.  Especially with Real having just endured the last week of faceplanting that they just capped off today by getting knocked out of Champions League on their own pitch in the Round of 16.

Hazard's as good as gone.  It probably just drags out until deadline day.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:28 PM, The LBC said:

That ship has sailed.  Especially with Real having just endured the last week of faceplanting that they just capped off today by getting knocked out of Champions League on their own pitch in the Round of 16.

Hazard's as good as gone.  It probably just drags out until deadline day.

i will continue to hold out hope as a chelsea fan. zidane might be the difference, you never know. he's hazards idol 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, UKTexans said:

Hazard + Hudson Odoi + Loftus Cheek = Success

Who would of guessed?

Sarri is a strange man.

I agree with the Sarri criticism for the most part but I'm just going to play a little devil's advocate here. Sarri has basically said all year he wanted to play Loftus-Cheek but he's had injury issues that have been keeping him out. And as good as Hudson-Odoi has been you can see why a manager might be reluctant to give him lots of starts right away, because he can be fairly impatient on the ball. (also one of his best qualities because of how direct he plays) He definitely should have been given loads more minutes coming off the bench though as an offensive spark. I can't understand why its taken so long for that to happen.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
5 hours ago, persiandud said:

lets get this thread active again! where are my chelseabros? werner, ziyech, and havertz are in. more business to come. exciting times! 

But nothing about defense? 

Good signings, but not much use if you're shipping 3 goals a game. Where are the defenders? Maybe some will come. They need to.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:14 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Hope y’all overpay for Chilwell 

seems likely at this point. not hyped about this, but apparently it's the first player that lampard actually wanted. all the rest have been signings by the board. if lampard feels so strongly about him, then i'm sure the left back will flourish at Chelsea 

On 8/12/2020 at 3:39 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

But nothing about defense? 

Good signings, but not much use if you're shipping 3 goals a game. Where are the defenders? Maybe some will come. They need to.

more signings to come, surely. i predict along with havertz, 4 more to bolster the squad 

• 2 weeks later...