The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

What an incredibly stupid foul by Luiz.  We dominated the first 35 minutes and then go behind due to that.  Lucky not to be down 2 right at the end of the half.

Very strong first half performance overall, Fabregas was the only disappointment (outside the Luiz foul).  He was very slow on the ball which is surprising, Hazard and Morata looked great.

What an awful performance, hardly anyone could complete a pass. Morata injury obviously ruined the game plan but really stupid decision by Conte to play Hazard up top when we couldn't even get him the ball.  Lack of depth severely exposed today.

Outside of the back 3 and Courtios, no one played well. Rudiger and Christensen both had great games. Conte has to find a way to get Christensen on the field more, absolute stud. 

I don't want to see Willian again unless it's a meaningless cup game. He's just absolute ****. Don't now how Conte can't recognize that. 

42 minutes ago, PAW said:

What an awful performance, hardly anyone could complete a pass. Morata injury obviously ruined the game plan but really stupid decision by Conte to play Hazard up top when we couldn't even get him the ball.  Lack of depth severely exposed today.

Outside of the back 3 and Courtios, no one played well. Rudiger and Christensen both had great games. Conte has to find a way to get Christensen on the field more, absolute stud. 

I don't want to see Willian again unless it's a meaningless cup game. He's just absolute ****. Don't now how Conte can't recognize that. 

The thing about Willian is that he's clearly at his best when gets more of a central roaming type of role, or when he gets to play on the left. Because of our talent in those positions he's never going to play there and get forced out to the right, where I agree, he's super frustrating to watch.

37 minutes ago, PAW said:

I don't think he foresaw that we'd struggle to get the ball to Hazard. Willisn was brought on to get somebody to who can get on the ball and try to establish possession. When you can't beat the press and you're hoofing the ball then it's useless to have Hazard up top. Some of the blame has to be on the defense because they were too cautious with the ball.

i don't see how you can call out Willian when what he was put on the pitch to do was rendered ineffective because we couldn't even hold onto the ball.

3 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

The thing about Willian is that he's clearly at his best when gets more of a central roaming type of role, or when he gets to play on the left. Because of our talent in those positions he's never going to play there and get forced out to the right, where I agree, he's super frustrating to watch.

Agree. He's shown to be very effective when he can tuck in centrally and receive the ball deep.