The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

IF we can get Palmieri in on loan that would be AMAZING business. If he comes back strong from his injury for us then we just pay Roma what he's worth and bring him in permanently. If he sucks, we ship him back and spend the money on Sandro or Telles.

1 hour ago, Imarobot said:

IF we can get Palmieri in on loan that would be AMAZING business. If he comes back strong from his injury for us then we just pay Roma what he's worth and bring him in permanently. If he sucks, we ship him back and spend the money on Sandro or Telles.

When is he back from a injury? 

15 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

When is he back from a injury? 

He's fit and ready to play, but he's behind Kolarov for playing time now, who from what I understand has been the best left back in Serie A this year.

Edited by Imarobot

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Decent if not spectacular January, what is Roman doing with Conte though. That environment must be so awkward.

Good job Terry isn't around to throw him under the bus. 

It’s not even Roman honestly. It’s more or less the people below who work for him or more specifically Marina Granovskaia. January was a bit disappointing to be honest should’ve not lost to Arsenal both in the Prem and Cup and too many draws. 

On 2/2/2018 at 10:47 AM, texans_uk said:

Decent if not spectacular January, what is Roman doing with Conte though. That environment must be so awkward.

Good job Terry isn't around to throw him under the bus. 

I think Roman is closing up his wallet quite a bit (there have been numerous reports that financially he's not doing so hot, plus we're building the new stadium) and to be honest a lot of our fans are coming off as a bit spoiled when it comes to our transfer business. Chelsea isn't Barca, Madrid, ManU, PSG or even Man City. Our finances are a step below all of those clubs, and with the new stadium being built I think most fans should have expected our big money transfer spending to go down a bit. 

As far as Conte's relationship with the club - I can understand that he's frustrated because he just won the league but is getting outspent and outgunned this season, but its getting kind of annoying hearing about it from him everyday. The way he's been talking you'd think the club hasn't spent any money or brought in any players this year. AND if we're being completely honest, one of the world class players we had in the squad (which Conte apparently says we need more of) was Diego Costa, and he was entirely forced out by Conte. I like what he's done here and wouldn't mind him staying, but you make the bed you lay in and some blame has to go to Conte.

12 hours ago, Imarobot said:

I think Roman is closing up his wallet quite a bit (there have been numerous reports that financially he's not doing so hot, plus we're building the new stadium) and to be honest a lot of our fans are coming off as a bit spoiled when it comes to our transfer business. Chelsea isn't Barca, Madrid, ManU, PSG or even Man City. Our finances are a step below all of those clubs, and with the new stadium being built I think most fans should have expected our big money transfer spending to go down a bit. 

As far as Conte's relationship with the club - I can understand that he's frustrated because he just won the league but is getting outspent and outgunned this season, but its getting kind of annoying hearing about it from him everyday. The way he's been talking you'd think the club hasn't spent any money or brought in any players this year. AND if we're being completely honest, one of the world class players we had in the squad (which Conte apparently says we need more of) was Diego Costa, and he was entirely forced out by Conte. I like what he's done here and wouldn't mind him staying, but you make the bed you lay in and some blame has to go to Conte.

I agree that it is annoying to hear him constantly complaining about the lack of transfer activity. But think about it, the players we bought this summer were to replace players we sold. So they weren’t really additions to our squad. But on Costa I completely agree, you forced him out and you paid the price as we lost a reliable goal scorer for this year. Loaning Musonda freaking annoys me and I don’t know who’s pull the trigger on that the board or Conte. He’s a player that should be here and in our squad and we send him on a loan for 18 months to Celtic when he’s good enough to at least be behind Willian or Pedro. Just stupid. 

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I agree that it is annoying to hear him constantly complaining about the lack of transfer activity. But think about it, the players we bought this summer were to replace players we sold. So they weren’t really additions to our squad. But on Costa I completely agree, you forced him out and you paid the price as we lost a reliable goal scorer for this year. Loaning Musonda freaking annoys me and I don’t know who’s pull the trigger on that the board or Conte. He’s a player that should be here and in our squad and we send him on a loan for 18 months to Celtic when he’s good enough to at least be behind Willian or Pedro. Just stupid. 

I think I'm in the minority that actually really likes the Celtic loan for Musonda. Technically speaking he's already pretty developed as a player, the issue is that he still struggles physically. There was always a hope that eventually his frame would fill out but he's already 21 so I don't really see that happening. What he needs to do is learn how to position himself and use the little size he has when defenders are trying to out muscle him. Just the other day against Kilmarnock was pretty much a perfect example of what I'm talking about. He had moments where he showed incredibly dribbling ability and vision, but he was pushed off the ball far too often and ended up giving the ball away easily on numerous occasions. Playing in a league where they play a tougher brand of football could do a whole world of good for him. Plus he'll still get to play some quality competition in the Europa League.

Edited by Imarobot

This team has gotten worse and worse over the last month. A couple weeks ago I thought we’d finish second. Now? We are in a top four battle.

This has all the makings of a Conte exit. Our next game is next Monday, so a full week to prepare. If we don’t beat West Brom then there’s no where to go. There’s me thinking we could beat Barca. 

The fans chanting at Baka are idiots. Like it does nothing to help him. Singling out a player because he ain’t playing well is disgraceful. It’s either the whole 11 or none at all. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

This team has gotten worse and worse over the last month. A couple weeks ago I thought we’d finish second. Now? We are in a top four battle.

This has all the makings of a Conte exit. Our next game is next Monday, so a full week to prepare. If we don’t beat West Brom then there’s no where to go. There’s me thinking we could beat Barca. 

The fans chanting at Baka are idiots. Like it does nothing to help him. Singling out a player because he ain’t playing well is disgraceful. It’s either the whole 11 or none at all. 

I'm pretty sure they were chanting at Mike Dean......Maybe not though.

Edited by Imarobot

7 hours ago, Imarobot said:

I'm pretty sure they were chanting at Mike Dean......Maybe not though.

Nah that was directed at Baka. If it was Mike Dean, then pretty sure would’ve heard it throughout the duration of the game. I didn’t watch the first half but he was having a horrible game apparently. 

Edited by Kip Smithers