The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

I also hate seeing the excuse being thrown around that he's going to Madrid to be closer to his kids. Such BS. If his kids were in Belgium you think he'd be asking for a move back to Genk? Nope. I just can't stand how disingenuous this guy is. Literally a year ago he said that he could never see himself moving to Real Madrid yet here we are. I hope Navas keeps him on the bench.

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t like how he handled the transfer and putting us in a position of where we had to overpay for his replacement. But I don’t have an issue with that statement. Him and Hazard are very close, to the point that he said he would sign a contract if Hazard did. The badge kissing part I get why some may object to that, but the fact that he’s willing to say that having played for Atletico shows much of a dream come true it is.

He’s also said a lot of stuff that has shown to be lies. I really doubt Hazard resigning would’ve made him. The guy is a cancer and always has been. Extremely good shot stopper, but a horrible attitude and distribution. The only Chelsea player I’ve disliked more is Anelka. 

5 hours ago, PAW said:

He’s also said a lot of stuff that has shown to be lies. I really doubt Hazard resigning would’ve made him. The guy is a cancer and always has been. Extremely good shot stopper, but a horrible attitude and distribution. The only Chelsea player I’ve disliked more is Anelka. 

Cancer is excessive. He did lie about waiting to resume contract talks after the WC. Cancer is somebody who is detriment to the team and he isn’t that. He’s been extremely valuable.

Whether he would’ve made his decision based on Hazard is not the point. He’s good friends with Hazard so him saying he would love for Hazard to be there is nothing really. It really is nothing. 

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Cancer is excessive. He did lie about waiting to resume contract talks after the WC. Cancer is somebody who is detriment to the team and he isn’t that. He’s been extremely valuable.

Whether he would’ve made his decision based on Hazard is not the point. He’s good friends with Hazard so him saying he would love for Hazard to be there is nothing really. It really is nothing. 

What does being valuable have to do with anything? Terrell Owens was an incredibly valuable football player and he was also at the same time a cancer in the locker room. Courtois is no different. Sure he's a good goalkeeper, but having a player constantly lying and moaning about wanting to leave isn't good for a locker room, especially when he's in Hazard's ear about leaving too. He's basically a walking definition of a locker room cancer.=

51 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

What does being valuable have to do with anything? Terrell Owens was an incredibly valuable football player and he was also at the same time a cancer in the locker room. Courtois is no different. Sure he's a good goalkeeper, but having a player constantly lying and moaning about wanting to leave isn't good for a locker room, especially when he's in Hazard's ear about leaving too. He's basically a walking definition of a locker room cancer.=

Why did you ignore the other part of my post? 

Hazard has longgggg said he would like to play for Real at some point. So anything Courtois says is really insignificant I think. Unless I’m mistaken, I’ve only heard Courtois say that he wants to be able to see his children. And he’s said that was a couple seasons now. I’ve not heard any rumblings from the dressing room about him, I haven’t heard from others him being a bad teammate. We’ve won two league titles with him. Calling him a cancer is uninformed and silly.

58 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Just a thought, but wouldn't you guys say its pretty arguable that Chelsea have the best defender, midfielder, and attacking player in the premier league? (Azpilicueta, Kante, Hazard)

You could certainly argue for all three. I would take Vertonghen and Van Dijk over Azpili. Kante and De Bruyne are a toss up depending on what your team wants. Hazard you could also argue, but theres so many opitions.

38 minutes ago, kempus said:

You could certainly argue for all three. I would take Vertonghen and Van Dijk over Azpili. Kante and De Bruyne are a toss up depending on what your team wants. Hazard you could also argue, but theres so many opitions.

Idk. To me you can’t make a case for Azpi. Especially now that he is playing RB. He isn’t an elite RB in the modern game. 

12 hours ago, Imarobot said:

Just a thought, but wouldn't you guys say its pretty arguable that Chelsea have the best defender, midfielder, and attacking player in the premier league? (Azpilicueta, Kante, Hazard)

The latter two you can definitely argue. Azpi? Dunno about that. Virgil and Toby for me. Plus Vertonghen.

• 5 months later...

Going to be tough for Sarri to retain his job at this point. When the fans turn on you, you're pretty much doomed. Who are the candidates to take over in the summer though? Zidane? Chelseas reputation will certainly scare some candidates away.

42 minutes ago, kempus said:

Going to be tough for Sarri to retain his job at this point. When the fans turn on you, you're pretty much doomed. Who are the candidates to take over in the summer though? Zidane? Chelseas reputation will certainly scare some candidates away.

No doubt we'll see them pursue (and end up getting nowhere with) Simeone again.  Still feels a bit early on Nagelsmann.  Do they go 3 for 3 with Italians and go after Di Francesco?  It'd be dumb to think they don't at least try for Poch - but I wouldn't have confidence in them securing him given the turnover of managers there under Roman.  Maybe they go after someone that actually has PL familiarity and bring back Carlo similar to when they brought Jose back?  I'd say there's probably good odds that you're right though and Zidane is managing one of either Chelsea or United next season.

I suppose the more pressing question is, if Sarri goes, do they poach Rafa to come play caretaker again?