The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

On 7/26/2021 at 5:21 PM, persiandud said:

Oy this Haaland news cycle is exhausting....how have we not made a bid yet? He's the perfect target. 

Some tier 1 Chelsea sources are saying expect an opening bid in the next few days. Cmon Marina, work your magic ...

Whoops. 

Well, we got Big Rom instead! 

We're going to win the league! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2022 at 5:09 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

So how is this going to play out? Chelsea owes Roman 2 Billion.

Said he's inviting bids, wants them in by Friday (I'm gonna bet he cut a deal with the UK government on a slow delay of the sanctions being implemented - quite possibly because monies owed to him, but that's pure speculation on my part).

Thing is, I think he may struggle to get the $4b valuation he's seeking because he doesn't have leverage or quite the value of brand (which I expect to be at a difference of opinion with some).  I bet the Saudis who bought Newcastle are kicking themselves now because they could have had a readymade UCL-competitive club if they'd just been a bit more patient.

31 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Said he's inviting bids, wants them in by Friday (I'm gonna bet he cut a deal with the UK government on a slow delay of the sanctions being implemented - quite possibly because monies owed to him, but that's pure speculation on my part).

Thing is, I think he may struggle to get the $4b valuation he's seeking because he doesn't have leverage or quite the value of brand (which I expect to be at a difference of opinion with some).  I bet the Saudis who bought Newcastle are kicking themselves now because they could have had a readymade UCL-competitive club if they'd just been a bit more patient.

Newcastle was 400m. Which I think hurts Chelsea. Saudis have been scrambling to build off that at about 80-100m so far. Still just a fraction of Chelseas worth. You could nab NottForest, Derby or Bristol City and come away much like the Toons. Plus, Im not sure of the condition of Chelseas stadium. But theyve been hunting locations and trying to work deals. 1 location was right next to QPR in the old British Broadcast HQ.

And in Romans case. This could have eased the pressure on him along with those loans.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60552754

"I can confirm that the Ukrainian side have been trying to find someone in Russia willing to help them in finding a peaceful resolution," said Rodnyansky.

"They are connected to Roman Abramovich through the Jewish community and reached out to him for help. Abramovich has been trying to mobilize support for a peaceful resolution ever since.

"Although Abramovich's influence is limited, he is the only one who responded and taken it upon himself to try.

Britain's richest man and Chelsea season-ticket holder Jim Ratcliffe 'among three interested groups' as Roman Abramovich appoints US bankers to seal £3bn sale of the club

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10571643/British-billionaire-Jim-Ratcliffe-three-interested-groups-Roman-Abramovich-confirms-sale.html

Oh come on... Why couldnt it be someone like Mike Ashley? 😄

• Like 1