The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

11 hours ago, Imarobot said:

Apparently we're trying to bring Aurier. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. He's certainly a talented player but as others have noted, he's quite the nut job.

Only the trashy papers are reporting his transfer to United and Chelsea, so far. 

He's actually banned from entering the UK. 

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Only the trashy papers are reporting his transfer to United and Chelsea, so far. 

He's actually banned from entering the UK. 

He has an appeal coming up next week though to possibly overturn his ban correct?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Imarobot said:

Tammy Abraham vs Southampton

Looks like Tammy had a pretty solid premier league debut. He certainly put on a better display than Batshuayi.

Tammy isn't of Batshuayi's quality. Batshuayi just wasn't engaged in Saturday and should've done a better job holding up the ball as he did in Preseason.

Man we are going to get wrecked by Spurs next Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Tammy isn't of Batshuayi's quality. Batshuayi just wasn't engaged in Saturday and should've done a better job holding up the ball as he did in Preseason.

Man we are going to get wrecked by Spurs next Sunday. 

Isn't his quality currently or potentially down the road? 

I think the match against Spurs will still be very close. 

25 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Isn't his quality currently or potentially down the road? 

I think the match against Spurs will still be very close. 

Who Tammy or Bats?

Nah we have no creativity whatsoever for that game. Willian and Pedro aren't the creative type. I have no idea how our midfield will look. I envision, David Luiz playing there along side Kante if we stick to that 3-4-3 system. 

Say what you want about the refs and or lack of depth, but that first game game was completely on Conte.  Not starting Morata was dumb but somewhat understandable, but subbing Boga off for another CB after the red at home against Burnley?  Just an awful decision.  If Conte wanted to stay with 3 CB, the smart move would've been to slide Azpi back inside and put on a more attack minded player to play right wing back.  It was obvious as soon as that sub was made the game was not going to end well for Chelsea. 

2 hours ago, PAW said:

Say what you want about the refs and or lack of depth, but that first game game was completely on Conte.  Not starting Morata was dumb but somewhat understandable, but subbing Boga off for another CB after the red at home against Burnley?  Just an awful decision.  If Conte wanted to stay with 3 CB, the smart move would've been to slide Azpi back inside and put on a more attack minded player to play right wing back.  It was obvious as soon as that sub was made the game was not going to end well for Chelsea. 

Nah starting Bats was right. He's played well in preseason and deserves a shot. I think Morata did however put up a performance that should put him in good position to start vs Spurs.

In terms of team selection, I was more disappointed that Musonda did not start. 

Im confused though, you're annoyed that we decided to replace and attacker with a defender, when we have just lost one of our centre backs?

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Nah starting Bats was right. He's played well in preseason and deserves a shot. I think Morata did however put up a performance that should put him in good position to start vs Spurs.

In terms of team selection, I was more disappointed that Musonda did not start. 

Im confused though, you're annoyed that we decided to replace and attacker with a defender, when we have just lost one of our centre backs?

Nah, what he's saying makes sense and I actually agree we probably would have been better off moving Azpi to the CB spot and leaving Boga on. (or bringing Musonda on, who I'd rather see out there than Boga anyways)

29 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Nah, what he's saying makes sense and I actually agree we probably would have been better off moving Azpi to the CB spot and leaving Boga on. (or bringing Musonda on, who I'd rather see out there than Boga anyways)

And who plays RWB? 

And who do we take off instead?

You go to a 441 like most teams who go down a man. You don't need 3 CB at home against a bottom table team when down a man, that's just not a smart adjustment. I almost turned the game off when that sub was made as I figured it would end up 0-0. You expect to score with Bats as a lone striker and only William supporting him? No chance. 

If he was insistent on 3 CB down a man, the better move is to move Azpi to CB where he played all last year and move a more attack minded player at RWB. 

Neither Azpi or Alonso is that dynamic going forward. Kante isn't creative at all. Fabregas is a distributor only. So he was basically relying on a set piece goal or Willian to do something amazing. 

Edited by PAW