The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, persiandud said:

losing twice to Liverpool in a cup final on penalties....

sigh...

i'm glad this season is over. what do we think of todd boehly as the new owner?

I think hes another American owner with his heart set on a Super League.

Edit: What do you think of him? Think he will follow that Liverpool mold like he claims?  And that heavy investment theyre forced to put into the stadium, will they still go after 60m dollar players? I cant see them shoveling dough like Roman.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 4:40 PM, persiandud said:

what do we think of Graham Potter so far? 

i think people who want him gone already are dumb. he needs time 

I think there are valid questions as to whether he can be the right man going forward. He’s a very good coach but this may not be the fit. Our form wasn’t even this bad when we finished mid table in 2016. This is relegation form and with this squad that’s unacceptable. These players may not be good enough and have their flaws, doesn’t mean this level of play is acceptable. You shouldn’t get time just for the sake of it, you get time when you can see something tangible to hold onto and build from. Not seeing that at all and haven’t. 

All this “he hasn’t made his own signings” is BS. This squad has enough quality to be in Europa league places. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 3:32 PM, Kip Smithers said:

I think there are valid questions as to whether he can be the right man going forward. He’s a very good coach but this may not be the fit. Our form wasn’t even this bad when we finished mid table in 2016. This is relegation form and with this squad that’s unacceptable. These players may not be good enough and have their flaws, doesn’t mean this level of play is acceptable. You shouldn’t get time just for the sake of it, you get time when you can see something tangible to hold onto and build from. Not seeing that at all and haven’t. 

All this “he hasn’t made his own signings” is BS. This squad has enough quality to be in Europa league places. 

he's signed a 5 year contract and the new owners are not going to repeat the Roman constant sacking of coaches. Potter is our guy. you have legitimate concerns and that's fair, but the club has made it clear they're backing him 

Mudryk, though....I didn't expect that. man was twerking for Arsenal lol 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...