The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

1 hour ago, teamorange said:

Seriously. After Hazard and Kante I would say he is Chelsea's best player last year in a tier with Costa and Luiz.

He wasn't better than Pedro or Azpi. He was good last year but you guys are making him greater than he is. Like I said hes a good solid player and id say he is well worth the fee paid for him. He was among our most consistent players but not amongst our best if that makes sense. I actually like Moses more because he offers a lot going forward. 

56 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

He wasn't better than Pedro or Azpi. He was good last year but you guys are making him greater than he is. Like I said hes a good solid player and id say he is well worth the fee paid for him. He was among our most consistent players but not amongst our best if that makes sense. I actually like Moses more because he offers a lot going forward. 

No they really aren't.  He certainly wasn't better than Pedro and he definitely wasn't better than Moses. Also the statement that Moses offers a lot more going forwards is comical. Victor Moses has never and probably will never have much of an end product and is frustrating offensive player as a result. What he is good at however is running nonstop all game long, which makes him a fairly decent wingback. Alonso runs all game long, also is one of the best free kick takers on the team, is a threat to score goals in open play, and is one of if not the best crossers on the team. You're the first Chelsea fan I've ever heard say they think Moses is better than Alonso. RWB is easily and without a doubt the weakest position in  the Chelsea squad.

1 hour ago, Imarobot said:

No they really aren't.  He certainly wasn't better than Pedro and he definitely wasn't better than Moses. Also the statement that Moses offers a lot more going forwards is comical. Victor Moses has never and probably will never have much of an end product and is frustrating offensive player as a result. What he is good at however is running nonstop all game long, which makes him a fairly decent wingback. Alonso runs all game long, also is one of the best free kick takers on the team, is a threat to score goals in open play, and is one of if not the best crossers on the team. You're the first Chelsea fan I've ever heard say they think Moses is better than Alonso. RWB is easily and without a doubt the weakest position in  the Chelsea squad.

Pedro was great, what are you talking about. There is no good in having a good cross if you're decision making is poor. Moses ability to get to dangerous positions and to retain the ball is so much better going forward. You're crazy if you think Alonso is better going forward than Moses. That's what makes him valuable in that position. Alonso is a good player but the notion that he us some great player is really overstating it.  

Strong win today. Morata looking like a solid signing. Need to get him better service, and he has to work on his hold up play, but when he can keep the ball he's excellent at linking play with our other attackers. Going to be fun watching him do that with Hazard

Barkley probably won't be fit until January and Chelsea/Barkley probably screwed Everton over.  I am glad though.  He doesn't fit our system at all.  I don't rate him highly, but even if you do rate him where does he possibly fit in a 343?