The Chelsea FC Thread

Imarobot

So Conte basically conceded that the plan was to let City dominate the ball. I knew it was strange because we press any team we play and we didn't press at all. Regardless we should've been better on the ball and I think Michy should've replaced Morata given it left Hazard isolated at the top. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw highlights of today's game, we lacked intensity. As you saw with the second goal. William not strong enough and Zaha punishes us. Fabregas played some brilliant a balls that we were unlucky to not do better. Just one of those days where we weren't at it. I think Christensen has earned his right to be picked over Cahill. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, persiandud said:

well, a lot less to play for now. just gotta hope we don't get embarrassed in the CL by Barcelona. secure top 4 spot in PL. fight for Mikey Mouse and FA Cups. and then extend Hazard, Courtois, and Conte in the offseason

What do you mean don’t get embarrassed?  We have a pretty good chance to beat them. Do people think Barca are the team of old, even with Dembele? This Barca team is definitely beatable. I think it could go either way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

lol he ended up being right. They bossed us pretty much throughout the game

I was listening on the radio. Seemed like LCFC were just cutting through at will. Why was this? Usually Conte sides are really tight. They were saying Baka had another poor day.

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I was listening on the radio. Seemed like LCFC were just cutting through at will. Why was this? Usually Conte sides are really tight. They were saying Baka had another poor day.

They worked the wide areas very well, Maher’s was difficult to contain. And we struggled to contain Vardy with his runs. He was getting behind us too easily. The biggest issue wasn’t even defending, the biggest issue was we couldn’t hold onto the ball. We couldn’t deal with their pressing which is rare and too often we had hoof i upfield to no mans land or to an isolated Morata. Bakayoko was no worse than the rest of the team aside from Morata. In fact he made a few key interceptions to stop danger. Hazard was worse than him. He deserved to get taken off. 

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

They worked the wide areas very well, Maher’s was difficult to contain. And we struggled to contain Vardy with his runs. He was getting behind us too easily. The biggest issue wasn’t even defending, the biggest issue was we couldn’t hold onto the ball. We couldn’t deal with their pressing which is rare and too often we had hoof i upfield to no mans land or to an isolated Morata. Bakayoko was no worse than the rest of the team aside from Morata. In fact he made a few key interceptions to stop danger. Hazard was worse than him. He deserved to get taken off. 

Conte says he was tired. Whole team tired.

The European coaches can't deal with the EPL fixture list. I'm with them, it is ridiculous, but I guess they knew about it before signing.

29 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Conte says he was tired. Whole team tired.

The European coaches can't deal with the EPL fixture list. I'm with them, it is ridiculous, but I guess they knew about it before signing.

It looked like it because of the sloppyness in possession. Hazard was off it. Cesc was. Even Kante. Whatever it was, we were just miles off it. Just hope on WednesDay Conte plays a very weakened side and allows youngsters such as Ampadu, Musonda, Sterling which he should’ve done in the first meeting.