Hall of Fame: Dawk's a finalist!

Kiltman

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

should have made it last year the guys that voted for lynch instead of him don't deserve to have hall of fame votes. Lynch was garbage in comparison to Dawk. 

Lynch wasn't garbage in any sense of the word. What he was is a SB Champion. Hence why he got votes before Dawk!

Hope he gets in this year. Would be icing on the cake after the Eagles Win the SB!! ?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Lynch wasn't garbage in any sense of the word. What he was is a SB Champion. Hence why he got votes before Dawk!

Hope he gets in this year. Would be icing on the cake after the Eagles Win the SB!! ?

i want some of whatever you're taking

I thought most people outside of Eagles fans would lose appreciation for guys like Dawkins but the immediate wussification/player-protection (choose one) of the league kind of makes these tackles and plays still stand out. 

Gonna be a tough road for him still IMO.

2018 Finalists:
Tony Boselli (2)
Isaac Bruce (2)
Brian Dawkins (2)
Alan Faneca (3)
Steve Hutchinson
Joe Jacoby (3)
Edgerrin James
Ty Law (2)
Ray Lewis
John Lynch (5)
Kevin Mawae (2)
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens (3)
Brian Urlacher
Everson Wells

Gotta figure that Lewis and Urlacher are first ballot guys. Its Moss' first year but I don't see them making TO wait and putting Moss right in. Personally all the O lineman are great but they're hard to judge. The bolded is my best guess for this year.

Why should Urlacher get in ahead of Dawkins? Other than the HoFs tendency to ignore safeties. I saw someone compare Lynch's numbers to Dawks....they were not close. 

Just imagine if the Eagles could make it all the way in the year that Dawk goes to the HoF. The dream right there.

10 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Why should Urlacher get in ahead of Dawkins? Other than the HoFs tendency to ignore safeties. I saw someone compare Lynch's numbers to Dawks....they were not close. 

Just imagine if the Eagles could make it all the way in the year that Dawk goes to the HoF. The dream right there.

Bro, have you even seen Nick Foles play football?

11 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Why should Urlacher get in ahead of Dawkins? Other than the HoFs tendency to ignore safeties

I have them both getting in....that said...

Over 1000 tackles, over 40 sacks, 8 time pro bowler, 4 time all pro, Leader of multiple top defenses in the 2000s. He's not Ray Lewis but he's got comparable numbers to other HOF MLBs. I thought about leaving him off to let Ray have his own year, either way the bolded way just a guess and could be 100% wrong.

Archived