Munchak

3rivers

he got permission to interview with Arizona.  If we lose him this could be a serious loss . What do you think the chances are he goes? Who do we get to replace him? I don't trust tomlin as history has shown how terrible he was with the OL until Munchak arrived.  Ben retiring and Munchak leaving could be a a recipe for failure.  

Would hate to lose him... Great Oline coach’s are hard to come by... 

“Five days after the 2013 season ended for the Steelers, head coach Mike Tomlin made his first offseason move by dismissing offensive line coach Jack Bicknell, Jr. after one season.

"I have decided to go in a different direction with respect to the coaching of our offensive line," Tomlin said in a statement. "I want to thank Jack for his contributions during the 2013 season, and I wish him well in the future."

The Steelers regressed statistically in Bicknell's one season as the team's offensive line coach. They finished 27th in the league in rushing and averaged 3.5 yards per carry. Only the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars averaged fewer yards per carry. Last season, the Steelers were ranked 26th in rushing and averaged 3.7 yards per carry.”

I would honestly ask, if I were the Rooney's, what they offer him as a contract to be a Head Coach, and then offer him $2M more and give him an increased title, like Asst Head Coach, like John Mitchell has.  I'm sure he'd (Mitchell) would understood the move, and frankly, having an Asst on the Offensive side to balance out the Defensive side would seem logical. Or, they could place him above Mitchell...like Deputy Head Coach...

Or, they could give him additional responsibilities outside of coaching, on the Football Operations side, like Asst GM, or Deputy Vice President of Football & Business Administration.  I don't really care...Make HIM WANT TO STAY!!!  

3 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

I would honestly ask, if I were the Rooney's, what they offer him as a contract to be a Head Coach, and then offer him $2M more and give him an increased title, like Asst Head Coach, like John Mitchell has.  I'm sure he'd (Mitchell) would understood the move, and frankly, having an Asst on the Offensive side to balance out the Defensive side would seem logical. Or, they could place him above Mitchell...like Deputy Head Coach...

Or, they could give him additional responsibilities outside of coaching, on the Football Operations side, like Asst GM, or Deputy Vice President of Football & Business Administration.  I don't really care...Make HIM WANT TO STAY!!!  

If there aren't salary cap issues with coaches, then pay Munchak !  Don't let the HOF'er go to another team. If tomlin fails us, maybe have Munchak replace tomlin

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

If there aren't salary cap issues with coaches, then pay Munchak !  Don't let the HOF'er go to another team. If tomlin fails us, maybe have Munchak replace tomlin

Believe me, you don't want that. Guy is an excellent O-line coach, but he cannot hack it as a head coach. Not even a little bit. Tomlin is leaps and bounds better.

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

No, you're just very privileged when it comes to having great coaches...

That, and some Steeler fans think they could coach NFL teams because they are that arrogant.   In their eyes, coaches like Belichick grow on trees, everything Tomlin does sucks and for every good thing that has happened during his tenure, anyone else but him deserves credit.

Im sure one of the haters will come out and call me a "Tomlin-fanboy", even though I have alot of criticisms of Tomlin's coaching.   Im just not so blinded by irrational hate that I cant be realistic and objective.

But yeah, Tomlin is garbage....one of the worst coaches ever that has only ever succeeded because of Ben.   Lets go with that to make them happy.   

13 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That, and some Steeler fans think they could coach NFL teams because they are that arrogant.   In their eyes, coaches like Belichick grow on trees, everything Tomlin does sucks and for every good thing that has happened during his tenure, anyone else but him deserves credit.

Im sure one of the haters will come out and call me a "Tomlin-fanboy", even though I have alot of criticisms of Tomlin's coaching.   Im just not so blinded by irrational hate that I cant be realistic and objective.

But yeah, Tomlin is garbage....one of the worst coaches ever that has only ever succeeded because of Ben.   Lets go with that to make them happy.   

I know how it goes, I'd love to have Tomlin as my coach, and that's coming from someone who is actually okay with Mularkey, and the reason for that is because I know what a bad head coach looks like. Jeff Fisher, Mike Munchak, and the worst of the worst, Ken Whisenhunt. You could do a hell of a lot worse than Mike Tomlin.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

I know how it goes, I'd love to have Tomlin as my coach, and that's coming from someone who is actually okay with Mularkey, and the reason for that is because I know what a bad head coach looks like. Jeff Fisher, Mike Munchak, and the worst of the worst, Ken Whisenhunt. You could do a hell of a lot worse than Mike Tomlin.

Completely agreed.   Been saying stuff like this a long time.     For everything Tomlin does wrong, he does alot right.    Its funny, because alot of the Steeler moan about Tomlin, but alot of Steeler fans wanted Cowher fired back in the late 90s after missing the playoffs a few years in a row.

If it were up to some fans, we would probably have a new coach after every bad game, until we found the 2nd coming of Bill Belichick.    Hell....some Steeler fans wanted to bench or cut Ben after his 5 INT game vs Jacksonville.   Its honestly embarrassing at this point.

So it looks like Munch will interview for the Cardinals job this weekend in Pittsburgh.   He was 22-26 for the Titans and is 57 years old.  I know they've recently had success with another older coach in Arians.  But I'm hoping those combined factors will result in his staying put in Pittsburgh.  

1 hour ago, JLambert58 said:

So it looks like Munch will interview for the Cardinals job this weekend in Pittsburgh.   He was 22-26 for the Titans and is 57 years old.  I know they've recently had success with another older coach in Arians.  But I'm hoping those combined factors will result in his staying put in Pittsburgh.  

They'll hire him just for the fact the he coached for the Steelers.    

Archived