LOCK//DELETE THREAD - Couldn't Edit/Change Outdated Poll

Mind Character

I’m either taking Baker/Allen (whoever Dorsey wants) at one or letting the Giants swap picks for a nice fee (Chicago gave up a 3rd and 4th as well as a 3rd this year to move up one spot) so they can take Rosen and we get our guy at 2, but I’m not goofing around at QB any longer.

There is no circumstance where Dorsey shouldn’t come away with HIS top qb prospect.

If Darnold goes back, and Dorsey goes old-school grouchy football man and doesn't like Rosen, I take a step back from getting so bothered about it all. I still follow the Browns and all that, but I won't let the impending doom worry me.

I'll just causally wait for it to implode and I'll jump back in about 2020 when we realise we have no QB and are still the worst team. Hopefully we'll have the number one pick again and we can draft someone who is currently winning the Gatorade High School player of the year as I write this. Something like that.

I see 2 viable solutions to our QB issues

Option 1

Offer a boat-load of money to Kirk Cousins, sell him on how we will use other assets to surround him with talent, and pray that he accepts.

He is the definition of a "bird in the hand"  Cousins is young enough to NOT have to draft a QB number 1 overall.  In fact, it would be silly to do so.  That pick can be used to upgrade the offense, and Cousins would not have to be looking over his shoulder

I would then draft Barkley 1 overall, and either Chubb or Fitzpatrick at 4.  A trade down with either picks could be in play, however, I would draft the best players that were not QB's on my draft board.  Barkley and Fitzpatrick would be awesome.

Option 2

Take the best QB available at 1 overall.  My preference is Darnold, followed by Rosen, followed by Mayfield.  If the first 2 decide to NOT come out, I take Baker.  They would still need to get a vet, and as I've stated in another thread, I would be looking at who the Vikings choose not to keep.  Bradford, Bridgewater, Keenum, would all be fine with me to start next season.  If we could get Alex Smith, that would be great too.

At 4....I am still taking either Chubb or Fitzpatrick

I would then look at the second round to grab RB, WR, CB

Personally, I say take QB1 @ 1, whomever that may be ... but we should gird our loins Browns fans for a trade down, as crazy and as "LOL TRADE DOWNZ BROWNZ!" meme worthy that may be. I can't recall who said it on twitter yesterday (apologies), but to paraphrase, someone made the apt point that there is a good chance this is Dorsey's last go around as a GM, so if isn't convinced any of the guys coming out at QB is worthy enough to hitch his wagon to his first year on the job and he's happy enough with guys 1-4 on his big board to take @ 4, I could totally see that being the outcome.  If you think about it, it's really kinda funny... I believe that having traded down last year (much to the chagrin of the Cleveland media and a large amount of Browns fans) and acquiring the number 4 overall this year is what is allowing Dorsey the wiggle room to trade down again this year.

Cousins/Smith............McCarron.

Pick a QB in the mid rounds, surround Cousins/Smith/McCarron/Kizer with as much talent as we can through FA/Draft. Same thing for Defence.

It's going to be very difficult to get any worse than we are right now. It'd take some kind of talent to regress.

Edit: So option 3.

Obviously, get an interim vet first. 

Draft Josh Allen for his abilities and develop them properly through QB coach and OC.

Finally, inform Cueball he is not permitted to speak to Allen without OC or QB coach or Dorsey present. 

Take a qb at 1 or 2 if Rosen doesn't come here trade back one spot leveraging the hell out of the Giants. Swap 1st and get there second rounder this year and next. 

Trade Shelton to a team for a 2018 or 2019 first. 

Draft Baker M. Trade up one spot and get Barkley. 

Then win the damn super bowl.

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Take a qb at 1 or 2 if Rosen doesn't come here trade back one spot leveraging the hell out of the Giants. Swap 1st and get there second rounder this year and next. 

Trade Shelton to a team for a 2018 or 2019 first. 

Draft Baker M. Trade up one spot and get Barkley. 

Then win the damn super bowl.

Trade Shelton? Unless he comes out saying that he won't re-sign then I disagree with that. Is it because he isn't a perfect fit in a 4-3?

The only way Mayfield succeeds is with extremely athletic WR getting separation and open lanes and RBs who can the over games. 

Maybe if we get the Giants to through in Sterling Shepherd and two pick we’d be getting somewhere. Add in Barkely and possibly a trade up for Ridley. That’s a dynamic WR and franchise RB that can prop mayfield up. 

Gordon,Shepherd,Coleman,Ridley is ridiculous 

If we really like Mayfield or Allen over Rosen, we should be pretty cagey about that and create demand for the Giants to slide up to #1, get those extra picks, then use our picks at #2 and #4 on Mayfield/Allen and Barkley, Fitzpatrick, or maybe Chubb.

If it's apparent that Rosen doesn't want to come here and would refuse to play and Darnold goes back to school, they need to either trade whatever they need to for a proven QB or pay way too much for Cousins, Keenum, or some other free agent. 

I can't believe the love Mayfield is getting all over the place.  I wish I could see the consistency and NFL throws that everyone else is apparently seeing because I must be too dumb or blind to see what there is to like about this kid.  Other than him being exciting and fired up all the time.

I'd bamboozle the Giant into giving us something for nothing so they can draft Rosen. Get something stupid like 2nd or 3rd this year and a 3rd and mid rounder next year. 

Draft Barkley at #2. 

Hope Indy takes OT here or Chubbs (DE would be nice but not a position we need.) 

That would leave Mayfield here. Continue bamboozlement with another top 10 team that needs a QB. Trade back get another 2nd or 3rd this year and maybe a potential 1st or 2nd and a few other mid rounders next year. 

Let's just say 7 through 10... Take Josh Allen. 

We would then have enough 2nds to either take a ton of talent or trade up for whoever we want in the mid to late 1st. 

Cortland Sutton? Ridley? Ward? D. James? 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived