LOCK//DELETE THREAD - Couldn't Edit/Change Outdated Poll

Mind Character

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

You are probably very right. 

I think if we could turn him into a first we should do it. 

Its not a slight against Danny more if there is a chance to make something on him seeing as we ain't 3-4 lets do it. 

Ahh gotcha. If we think these other guys can do just as good or better I’d be game. I’m just not sure about it. 

The disaster is coming to fruition...

USC 247insiders reporting Darnold met with Clay Helton and Matt Leinart today. Talked about the plan for development. Leinart told him how another year of development could change the complexion of his career b/c the money difference between a 1st overall and 32nd overall is no longer that different with the new CBA.

JT Daniels at the AA game told a recruit USC is in on that "if he comes USC you'll play with Sam this year and me the next"...

Supposedly, key media members at USC and QB room already know Sam is returning.

Again....Vet QB, Trade down and 2 of Barkley, Fitzpatrick, and Chubb....I'm all in...

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Called this from day one. We reap what we sow.

If anything, the bigger irony is that the better prospect is still going to be in the draft and probably will refuse to play for us.

It's why a complete tear down and acquiring of draft capital year after year doesn't account for what losing does to public perception, the morale of fans, the morale of players, and ultimately the belief of future prospects.

that 2016 team was toilet water...and all we did was add Rookies at key positons, Kenny Britt, Jason Mccourty, Kevin Zeitler, and JC Tretter...that's literally it.

And people thought we were MUCH more talented than 0-16...GTFOH

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

It's why a complete tear down and acquiring of draft capital year after year doesn't account for what losing does to public perception, the morale of fans, the morale of players, and ultimately the belief of future prospects.

that 2016 team was toilet water...and all we did was add Rookies at key positons, Kenny Britt, Jason Mccourty, Kevin Zeitler, and JC Tretter...that's literally it.

And people thought we were MUCH more talented than 0-16...GTFOH

To be fair we were.

The problem was the amount of rookies made for serious inconsistency. The 2-3 weeks Kizer played well enough to win, the defense crapped the bed. 

Plus a lot of posters thought Kessler would either take the next step or stay the same level he was last year instead of regressing.

2 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

To be fair we were.

The problem was the amount of rookies made for serious inconsistency. The 2-3 weeks Kizer played well enough to win, the defense crapped the bed. 

Plus a lot of posters thought Kessler would either take the next step or stay the same level he was last year instead of regressing.

I guess for me 0-16 is the same as 3-13....they aren't much different...A made field goal here and inch there.

For me the word "WAY" or "MUCH" better speaks to a 5 plus win team.

With youth and inexperience on your side, things tend to fall on the losing side..

We should have played Kessler no doubt, but only if the goal was winning.

That was not our goal and we succeeded at what the goal was...To either have Kizer take the rains and be QB1 or play like a rookie QB so bad that it gives a record where we can get our QB1.

Archived