Pre-Playoff Mock...

MDSteeler1971

Traded back with the Colts..  Then traded up with Cleveland. Then traded with Broncos. (lost track of what was what doing 2 things at once)

Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (A+)
Round 2 Pick 5 (DEN): Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 3 Pick 5 (DEN): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 29: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5 (DEN): Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 4 Pick 9 (DEN): Frank Ragnow, C/OG, Arkansas (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (A-)
Round 7 Pick 29: James Looney, DT, California (A-)

7 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Dislike Allen and no way would I draft him within the first 7 rounds.

Not a fan of Paris Campbell.

Agreed about Allen.    Yet another QB I have no idea how anyone can possibly view him as a first round talent.     I see a day 3 pick   If we took him in the first 3 rounds, I wouldnt be happy.  id rather roll with Dobbs than draft Allen.

Guess Dallas Goedert is going to be one of the guys that appears in almost every mock this year.   There is always "that guy"...much like Javorskie Lane, Hebron Fangupo, Jarron Gilbert, Arthur Brown and Zach Kerr.    

Why do we need a WR that early?   Not saying it cant happen, but we have way too many needs.   

16 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Dislike Allen and no way would I draft him within the first 7 rounds.

Not a fan of Paris Campbell.

Also agree on Allen. Seems to me anytime he plays against a "good" team, he struggles. Heck, he looked awful against Oregon, which is not very good on defense.

Plus, I think any draft that doesn't have LB in top three rounds is not very good for the Steelers.

I think there is almost no way that ILB is not in the 1st 2 picks.  The only way it is not is if the Steelers sign Navarro Bowman.

Their lists need to be updated.  I can currently draft Raquan Smith at around 2.10 in most drafts.  He is a great fit for the Steelers and They may trade up to get him.  he is also going in the 1st round.  As high as 15 would be my guess.

45 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think there is almost no way that ILB is not in the 1st 2 picks.  The only way it is not is if the Steelers sign Navarro Bowman.

I'm starting to dig in a little on the ILB class and I'm liking some of the prospects. Rashaan Evans from Bama, Roquan Smith from UGA, and Malik Jefferson from Texas could all be what we're looking for.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm starting to dig in a little on the ILB class and I'm liking some of the prospects. Rashaan Evans from Bama, Roquan Smith from UGA, and Malik Jefferson from Texas could all be what we're looking for.

Watch the Auburn game and Smith is constantly destroyed.  He needs to be protected at all times so that he can run free. 

30 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Watch the Auburn game and Smith is constantly destroyed.  He needs to be protected at all times so that he can run free. 

Shazier was the same.

I would not touch Malik Jefferson.  Slow in diagnosing plays.

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m fine with this as longer as we have our d-line in front of him and Bince Williams next to him.

I'm not sold.  Watch how Alabama attacks him, if he can handle that attack then I will reconsider.

21 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Agreed about Allen.    Yet another QB I have no idea how anyone can possibly view him as a first round talent.     I see a day 3 pick   If we took him in the first 3 rounds, I wouldnt be happy.  id rather roll with Dobbs than draft Allen.

Guess Dallas Goedert is going to be one of the guys that appears in almost every mock this year.   There is always "that guy"...much like Javorskie Lane, Hebron Fangupo, Jarron Gilbert, Arthur Brown and Zach Kerr.    

Why do we need a WR that early?   Not saying it cant happen, but we have way too many needs.   

Supposedly we had people at the Bowl game and they like him...

If Goedert is comparable to Gronk then why wouldn't we take him?

WR just for the thought of DHB and possibly Bryant being gone.

2 minutes ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

Supposedly we had people at the Bowl game and they like him...

Ive heard this about a ton of different prospects over the years, and it really doesnt mean much.     Lots of false info gets passed along to perhaps get other teams to trade up.

Obviously, they COULD like him, but even if they do, I dont get it.   Its along the same lines as people believing guys like Blaine Gabbert and Christian Hackenberg were first round prospects....even though neither ever looked close to being one in college.   

If Goedert is comparable to Gronk then why wouldn't we take him?

Im not necessarily knocking the possible choice.   Im just saying he looks to be one of the fan favorites this year.     

If he is comparable to Gronk though, he will likely go much higher than the 3rd round.

WR just for the thought of DHB and possibly Bryant being gone.

3rd round WR to replace DHB?   Dont think so.  Besides which, DHB is here because of his special teams play, locker room presence and he is a semi decent 5th WR.   He is also fairly cheap.

Bryant is going anywhere unless he pees green again or someone offers a nice pick for him.

I dont see our WR corps changing at all going into next season TBH.    Beyond that, sure.

Archived