ProFootballFocus Top 5/Bottom 5 at every position for 2017

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, DutchFalcon said:

This tbh. According to PFF metrics he has actually thrown the lowest number of turn over worthy throws in the league this year.

Could be... I just remember he was atrocious in the first Saints game... outside of that he must’ve been stellar

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Could be... I just remember he was atrocious in the first Saints game... outside of that he must’ve been stellar

That was his worst game of the year. He's been having a weird year. Sure some throws have been off but you can't blame the lack of production on Ryan completely when something like 7/12 INT's have been caused by drops by your receivers and your teams drop % has been second in the league. 

Just now, DutchFalcon said:

That was his worst game of the year. He's been having a weird year. Sure some throws have been off but you can't blame the lack of production on Ryan completely when something like 7/12 INT's have been caused by drops by your receivers and your teams drop % has been second in the league. 

I definitely remember seeing a few ATL tipped passes get picked off this year .

cant blame Ryan for that, but I’m still gonna point and laugh and act like I do. :D

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Can any Redskins fans (or someone else who watched a lot of Redskins games) care to comment about Kendall Fuller? I must say I was surprised to see him so high on the list.

Dude killed it in the slot this year. Made HUGE strides from year 1 to year 2 (being fully healthy certainly helped). I think led team in INT and 2nd in PDs. 

Opposing QBs had a horrible QBR against him the last third of the season.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Penalised for earlier performances and a low(ish) YPC in the first half

Bell did get off to a slowish start, but had by far the most touches (406) and 2nd most yds/game and 2nd most all purpose yards behind Gurley and the 3rd most yards total on the ground.  No way he belongs out of the top 5. 

1. Derrick Coleman 31.4

Was really pissed when we let imo the best FB in the game in Patrick Dimarco leave for Buffalo for like 2 million a year that was a dumb move by us to bring in Coleman we can do so much better than him for cheap.

Very pleased with Deion Jones though making it in the top 5 in his 2nd year at LB.  Even more so playing at MLB instead of the position he would probably be better suited at in WLB.   He is probably one of if not the best coverage LB's in the nfl.  Shazier is up there too but Debo might not be far behind him.

4 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

think it's a bit hard to put a guy like dion lewis in at third because of the way new england use their running backs - more situationally and such 

Lewis had only 12 fewer carries from week 9 onward than Todd Gurley and only 4 fewer than Kareem Hunt. He also led the league in yards after contact per attempt. He absolutely deserves his spot.

Generally speaking, the grading looks about right, except for a few head scratchers, for instance:

Dee Ford, Connor Barwin, and Charles Johnson are not bad players, but according to PFF they were among the worst DEs...

Deron Lee, Jamie Collins and Nick Vigil are not bad players.  In fact, I'm pretty sure Vigil and Collins were injured most of the year.

Then we have Adrian Amos grading out as one of the best safeties in the league...  riiiiight.

I'd like to know the criteria that is factored into the grade.  I don't know a ton about PFF, other than it has suddenly become unquestioned law on these message boards, and even on the game broadcast, but no one really goes into the formula/criteria in which the grades are based.  Is it like ESPN's Next Gen stats (things that don't matter)?  Who does the grading? is this person qualified and unbiased, or is this some chump beat writer who plays favorites or has an axe to grind?  Does this person know the ins and outs of the position they are grading?  Are they taking into account the surrounding players' actions and how they may affect the player they are grading?  Do they know the plays, and the responsibility each player on each play?  I doubt it... I'll always take these 'player grades' with a grain of salt. 

38 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

1. Derrick Coleman 31.4

Was really pissed when we let imo the best FB in the game in Patrick Dimarco leave for Buffalo for like 2 million a year that was a dumb move by us to bring in Coleman we can do so much better than him for cheap.

Very pleased with Deion Jones though making it in the top 5 in his 2nd year at LB.  Even more so playing at MLB instead of the position he would probably be better suited at in WLB.   He is probably one of if not the best coverage LB's in the nfl.  Shazier is up there too but Debo might not be far behind him.

Agreed. Dude has been so bad I rather see Poe line up at FB. Those two millions might literally have bought this team two wins. 

Archived