ProFootballFocus Top 5/Bottom 5 at every position for 2017

TheKillerNacho

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I chose to post the top 7 CBs because I figured people would ask me where Marshon Lattimore was. Chose to do Top 8 for the other two positions because they seem like a combination of several different positions so the list was longer.

Is the full CB list floating around somewhere on the interwebz? 

As a Bears fan I can confirm

- Burton is a worthless FB

- Sitton was damn good

- Amos was NOT a top 5 safety. Not bashing him, he was much improved, just not top 5 in any way.

- We only did not put a WR on the bottom 5 because we passed less than anyone else, so they couldn't build up a horrible number.

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

83.4, 29th ranked interior defender. 

Pro tip to everyone, you can see a player's grade and rank by simply going to their PFF profile page: https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/tim-jernigan/8683

Thanks for this. I thought there was 0 chance they coudl actually argue Cam Heyward is not a Top 8 Interior D-Lineman... And they classified him as an Edge Defender... Good to know they're idiots. Brandon Graham and Jabaal Sheard were not better than Heyward this season even if they're classifiying them at the same position.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Penalised for earlier performances and a low(ish) YPC in the first half

But the purport to measure blocking and the difference in his blocking and all of those guys should be night and day to override the differnce in YPC.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Thanks for this. I thought there was 0 chance they coudl actually argue Cam Heyward is not a Top 8 Interior D-Lineman... And they classified him as an Edge Defender... Good to know they're idiots. Brandon Graham and Jabaal Sheard were not better than Heyward this season even if they're classifiying them at the same position.

Yeah, their classifications of DLs are spotty at best. Guys who play all over the line get miscast all the time. 

10 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Bell did get off to a slowish start, but had by far the most touches (406) and 2nd most yds/game and 2nd most all purpose yards behind Gurley and the 3rd most yards total on the ground.  No way he belongs out of the top 5. 

Well this is the thing with PFF - it's not about entirely about stats. It's on a play-by-play basis.

Archived