• Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
    • Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
    • Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
    • Trade up for Sam Darnold, QB, USC
    • Try to trade down
    • Other (please post)

Thought I would open this up. Who is your top choice for us to draft with the 11th overall pick in this year's draft?

As for me I'm really hoping Quenton Nelson is available to shore up our interior OL. A cornerback would be a nice get as well. For some of the options on the poll, I added a "trade up" option, for players I think we'd almost certainly need to trade up to get.

i think biggest thing i want from this offseason is a direction.... we just don't have an identity on D or on O

Whoever we draft at 11 should be a big part of securing the identity for the next 4 years

personally I'd love to see them find a QB prospect they love and commit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Based on very little information, give me LB Roquan Smith, Georgia.

I would be on board with this pick as well.  I wouldn't have any issues at all with a Nelson acquisition either.  I am a huge fan of Billy Price out of OSU, but he's not good value at 11.

16 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

This for me too. Unless one of the top 6 drop. No trade up though.

I'd rather stay pat too (are you reading this TannenGrier?), Miami actually has a full slate of picks. One in each round.

For those looking for a QB high, here are some tweets from today's end-of-season presser that may be relevant, along with a few others:

Edited by cddolphin

If Lamar Jackson is on the board, that would be my pick. I doubt he makes it past the Jets if he does declare. My second choice would be G Quinton Nelson. He is simply the best OG in the last 5 years. He also has the height that Gase wants. I doubt that Nelson is there. My third choice, and it has a much better chance of happening, is WR Courtland Sutton. I don't think that the Phins are going to resign Landry. Another team is going to outbid us. Sutton would give Tannehill the type of target that can turn any throw into a big gain. Sutton has the size, speed, hands, jump ball ability. I think that Sutton has Julio Jones ability, and even if he is only 80% of Jones, that is still more than any WR the Phins have fielded in a very long time. I don't like LB Roquon Smith. He is 6-1 and 225 lbs. He is going to get washed out in run support, unless we change to a 3-4. If that change happens, he would do very well as an ILB.

3 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

If Lamar Jackson is on the board, that would be my pick. I doubt he makes it past the Jets if he does declare. My second choice would be G Quinton Nelson. He is simply the best OG in the last 5 years. He also has the height that Gase wants. I doubt that Nelson is there. My third choice, and it has a much better chance of happening, is WR Courtland Sutton. I don't think that the Phins are going to resign Landry. Another team is going to outbid us. Sutton would give Tannehill the type of target that can turn any throw into a big gain. Sutton has the size, speed, hands, jump ball ability. I think that Sutton has Julio Jones ability, and even if he is only 80% of Jones, that is still more than any WR the Phins have fielded in a very long time. I don't like LB Roquon Smith. He is 6-1 and 225 lbs. He is going to get washed out in run support, unless we change to a 3-4. If that change happens, he would do very well as an ILB.

Wow, you're right.  I thought he was 240.  Needs more poop in his pants.

I like OG Quentin Nelson and LB Roquan Smith, but I’m starting to think both go in the top 10.  

Smith might be a little light at 225 but I’m pretty sure he will weigh in around 235-240 at the combine and he’s obviously incredibly fast.  He is by far the best LB in this draft imo.  

2 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Jalen Ramsey also had only 3.

I'm not saying this in a condescending way but wouldn't a great CB have less INT's due to less throws coming their way? Great safeties well at least coverage safeties should have higher INT's no? Ala Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Earl Thomas, and Eric Berry all having between 10 and 21 ints in their college career.

9 hours ago, john305 said:

I'm not saying this in a condescending way but wouldn't a great CB have less INT's due to less throws coming their way? Great safeties well at least coverage safeties should have higher INT's no? Ala Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Earl Thomas, and Eric Berry all having between 10 and 21 ints in their college career.

Ramsey played safety for most of his college career.

If we didn't have Resahrd Jones on this team, I'd definitely love to have Derwin James.