• Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
    • Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
    • Trade up for Sam Darnold, QB, USC
    • Try to trade down
    • Other (please post)

4 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Ramsey played safety for most of his college career.

If we didn't have Resahrd Jones on this team, I'd definitely love to have Derwin James.

Well than I stand corrected, I guess if James can lock down TE's like Ramsay locks down WR's it'll be worth it.

16 hours ago, john305 said:

The one player I dont want is Derwin James...i just dont see the appeal plus only 3 career INT!

It will depend on how his workouts go for me.  He wasn't the same guy post-knee surgery this year that he was before the surgery.  I'm wondering if it's a permanent thing or if he just needs a little more time away from the surgery to get back to full speed.  Pre-injury James is a top 5 pick in the draft.

• 3 weeks later...

The Alex Smith trade has significantly reduced the trade up market, and the Redskins have found their QB of the present with Smith, and Cousins will sign elsewhere, taking another team out of the QB market. Right now the teams talked about in regards to Cousins are the Browns, which would significantly change the entire first round of the draft, and the Jets, which would also impact Miami at 11, as both teams draft before the Dolphins. Another team that is linked to Cousins is Denver, again effecting Miami's pick at 11. Right now, the rumor mill is stating that the Browns tried to land Smith, but the Chiefs felt better with him going to Washington, because they got a CB as well as a 3rd round pick, which helps the Chiefs struggling defense. 

1 hour ago, ericsvibe said:

The Alex Smith trade has significantly reduced the trade up market, and the Redskins have found their QB of the present with Smith, and Cousins will sign elsewhere, taking another team out of the QB market. Right now the teams talked about in regards to Cousins are the Browns, which would significantly change the entire first round of the draft, and the Jets, which would also impact Miami at 11, as both teams draft before the Dolphins. Another team that is linked to Cousins is Denver, again effecting Miami's pick at 11. Right now, the rumor mill is stating that the Browns tried to land Smith, but the Chiefs felt better with him going to Washington, because they got a CB as well as a 3rd round pick, which helps the Chiefs struggling defense. 

Prior to the Smith trade I think there would be 3 QBs drafted in the top 10 and I think that will still stand.  Obviously the Redskins are likely not going to trade up for a QB, but Arizona is still a possibility (unless Cousins lands there).....especially if Mayfield falls out of the top 10.  If Denver passes on Mayfield with their first pick they could be a trade down target, provided Mayfield drops to 11, using additional picks this draft and a 2019 first rounder and / or possibly an elite defender ( Talib comes to mind ).

Right now I predict Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield as top 10 picks but of the three Mayfield has the biggest chance to fall out.

If Mayfield falls to pick 11 and there are no trade down options then he would be my pick to sit behind Tannehill for at least the 2018 season.

Edited by Swampbilly

So some new rumors have surfaced. Cousins has flat out rejected the idea of playing for the Browns and Jets. He has told personal friends that his top two teams are the Vikings and the Cardinals. That would further erode the trade up market for a QB. Foles right now is a wild card in all of this. The Eagles want to keep him, as his has a very friendly 7 mill salary next season. However, Foles agent is pressing him to demand a trade, as his value will never be higher than right now. Foles has also mentioned that he would like to go to a complete team, so he may go to the looser for Cousins out of the Cardinals and Vikings. Sources within the Vikings are saying that Bridgewater isn't the same QB he was before his injury, and he may be released. The Bills have been quite about their QB situation so far, and they are hoping that a QB falls to them in the 1st round. Sources within Cleveland are saying that they will not go QB with the first overall pick, that they are confident that one of the top 3 QB's will be there when they pick at 4. Teams are really worried about Josh Allen's accuracy. A scout said that he could be the next Big Ben, or the next Ryan Mallet.

• Like 1

So some new rumors have surfaced. Cousins has flat out rejected the idea of playing for the Browns and Jets. He has told personal friends that his top two teams are the Vikings and the Cardinals. That would further erode the trade up market for a QB. Foles right now is a wild card in all of this. The Eagles want to keep him, as his has a very friendly 7 mill salary next season. However, Foles agent is pressing him to demand a trade, as his value will never be higher than right now. Foles has also mentioned that he would like to go to a complete team, so he may go to the looser for Cousins out of the Cardinals and Vikings. Sources within the Vikings are saying that Bridgewater isn't the same QB he was before his injury, and he may be released. The Bills have been quite about their QB situation so far, and they are hoping that a QB falls to them in the 1st round. Sources within Cleveland are saying that they will not go QB with the first overall pick, that they are confident that one of the top 3 QB's will be there when they pick at 4. Teams are really worried about Josh Allen's accuracy. A scout said that he could be the next Big Ben, or the next Ryan Mallet.

Yeah, I want the Jets to take him at 6.  

• Like 1

That would further erode the trade up market for a QB. Foles right now is a wild card in all of this. The Eagles want to keep him, as his has a very friendly 7 mill salary next season. However, Foles agent is pressing him to demand a trade, as his value will never be higher than right now. Foles has also mentioned that he would like to go to a complete team, so he may go to the looser for Cousins out of the Cardinals and Vikings.

His cap number isn't bad at $7.5m but the Eagles are currently $9 million over the projected cap for 2018. They'll need to make moves and Foles is almost too obvious a candidate.

My prediction? Foles is moved on draft day to a team that missed out on their QB. He gets moved for a 2019 2nd.

Edwards, Nelson or Roquon.  I could see Miami taking James or Fitzpatrick with this pick as well. 

Was hoping Vanderesch would slip to us in the 2nd but looking like he is a late 1st now. 

My guess is if Nelson is there, Miami takes him on the rationale that the secondary made big strides last year and they have 2 good starting safeties and they get Raekwon and Lippett back.  The need at OL will be greater especially if they let James walk, which they should at $9mm. 

This could all change though depending on FA.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 1:23 PM, ericsvibe said:

How valid are these rumors about Cousins flar out rejecting the Jets? Could there still be a chance he goes there?

On 1/3/2018 at 10:04 AM, Kaiowas05 said:

i think biggest thing i want from this offseason is a direction.... we just don't have an identity on D or on O

Whoever we draft at 11 should be a big part of securing the identity for the next 4 years

personally I'd love to see them find a QB prospect they love and commit

Totally agree! 

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

How valid are these rumors about Cousins flar out rejecting the Jets? Could there still be a chance he goes there?

Unlikely, barring a monstrous overpay by NYJ.  Cousins has made it clear that he wants to go to a team with a chance to win, and the Jets are not that.