• Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
    • Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
    • Trade up for Sam Darnold, QB, USC
    • Try to trade down
    • Other (please post)

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

I have watched about every Virginia Tech game the last several years and while Tremaine Edmunds is a solid LB I just do not see all the love he is getting pre-draft by the experts. No one in this area of  SW Virgina talks what a great LB he is. He was a very solid player on a very good defense but I just do not see how he is the Number one LB on some of the experts Mock drafts, if this is true it must be a weak LB class this year. I will take R. Smith all day long over Edmunds.

I watched him in the Miami game.  Good instincts, speed, great size.........but doesn't appear to take over games like Roquan Smith.  Edmunds will flash but Smith will make highlight tackles back to back to back.  I dont really see Edmunds as a scheme fit for us right now either.  He's more of a 3-4 type IMO........and looks the part of an on ball 3-4 ILB or a 3-4 SOLB.

12 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

Several scouts stopped and visited with Vea as his teammates competed. The Los Angeles Rams and Miami Dolphins had formal visits with Vea, who currently tops NFLDraftScout.com’s defensive tackle rankings, checking in at No. 9 overall.

Vea is one of my top options if they stay at #11.  Smith, Vea & Derwin.

8 hours ago, Emerica said:

I think we're getting out of the first round with a new QB.

I honestly don't think the Fins get a shot at one.  Browns/Giants/Broncos/Jets/Bills (trade up) all seem really likely to take one before 11.  And that's even after the Broncos signed Keenum.  Seems like a Smith/Mahomes or Glennon/Trubisky situation there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I honestly don't think the Fins get a shot at one.  Browns/Giants/Broncos/Jets/Bills (trade up) all seem really likely to take one before 11.  And that's even after the Broncos signed Keenum.  Seems like a Smith/Mahomes or Glennon/Trubisky situation there.

That's a lot of what ifs.

Browns are a lock to pick a QB, Giants not so much. I could definitely see them going with Barkley. Broncos signed Keenum, who probably is a temporary fix for them but do they really go QB in the 1st round for the 2nd time in 3 years? I could see them waiting. Jets are a lock imo unless they go McCarron or Bridgewater which I really doubt. I see them going with Josh Allen. And then there's the Bills who are trying to make their way in the top 10. Not a done deal, very likely tho.

Again I don't think it's far-fetched to think we end up with a 1st round QB but I agree we are getting leaped over. If we're going to rebuild, re-tool, whatever you want to call it, might as well go all-in and get your guy now. I could see us landing Mayfield at 11.

Browns - Darnold

Jets - Allen

Miami - Rosen/Mayfield

Buffalo - Mayfield/Rosen

Something tells me it's going to be a QB, but with Buffalo trading up and a bunch of teams ahead of us looking at QBs, we're probably going to miss out on the first round QBs. If that's the case, I think we go QB day 2. 

I'm leaning on Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edwards, Derwin James, or Quenton Nelson.