Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Who do we select at pick 11?

Who to pick at 11?  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. Best option?

    • Trade up for Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
      1
    • Trade up for Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
      0
    • Trade up for Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
      1
    • Trade up for Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
      0
    • Trade up for Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
      1
    • Trade up for Arden Key, DE, LSU
      1
    • Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
      7
    • Trade up for Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
      4
    • Derwin James, S, Florida State
      3
    • Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
      0
    • Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
      1
    • Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
      1
    • Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
      0
    • Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
      1
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
      2
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
      1
    • Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
      12
    • Trade up for Sam Darnold, QB, USC
      0
    • Try to trade down
      2
    • Other (please post)
      3


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Emerica said:

That's a lot of what ifs.

 

Browns are a lock to pick a QB, Giants not so much. I could definitely see them going with Barkley. Broncos signed Keenum, who probably is a temporary fix for them but do they really go QB in the 1st round for the 2nd time in 3 years? I could see them waiting. Jets are a lock imo unless they go McCarron or Bridgewater which I really doubt. I see them going with Josh Allen. And then there's the Bills who are trying to make their way in the top 10. Not a done deal, very likely tho.

Again I don't think it's far-fetched to think we end up with a 1st round QB but I agree we are getting leaped over. If we're going to rebuild, re-tool, whatever you want to call it, might as well go all-in and get your guy now. I could see us landing Mayfield at 11.

 

Browns - Darnold

Jets - Allen

Miami - Rosen/Mayfield

Buffalo - Mayfield/Rosen

Welp. Jets signed Bridgewater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emerica said:

Welp. Jets signed Bridgewater. 

Which changes absolutely nothing, honestly.  They will still draft a QB at 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Which changes absolutely nothing, honestly.  They will still draft a QB at 6.

Yes, I'm well aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Yes, I'm well aware.

My mistake.  Your post seemed to indicate that you were of the belief that the Bridgewater signing would somehow have an effect on the Jets taking a QB at 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

My mistake.  Your post seemed to indicate that you were of the belief that the Bridgewater signing would somehow have an effect on the Jets taking a QB at 6.

I think Bridgewater signing for the Jets is good for the Dolphins. I’m not a fan. Could have been worse imo with other FA qb’s who were available.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

My mistake.  Your post seemed to indicate that you were of the belief that the Bridgewater signing would somehow have an effect on the Jets taking a QB at 6.

I think it makes them consider waiting for later in the draft a la Broncos but ultimately they double down on QBs and pick one early imo.

 

I posted saying id doubt they sign Teddy and they literally did an hour later which is why I said welp lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is shaping up to be a very crazy draft. There are some very aggressive teams that need a QB that are going to bet it all. Word is that Buffalo wants to get to 2 or 3 to get ahead of Denver and the Jets to grab either Darnold, or Rosen. The Browns have to go QB #1. There is also a rumor that the Jets are trying to get to #2 or 3 to get the QB they want. It could wind up with Darnold, Rosen, Allen going 1,2,3 to the Browns, Jets, Bills. Or Browns, Bills, Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QBs tend to rise on draft day.  So, I don't think any of the top 4 are available when the Dolphins select at 11.   I think Lamar Jackson is there, and I think he is worthy of consideration, but I don't think the Dolphins have the brass balls to make that move.  Not when they just sent so many top players go in the off season.  I think they need a player now that has a shot at starting from the get go.  So, I'd guess, at this moment in time, that Vita Vea is the choice.  Our defense needs help and Vea could anchor that side of the ball.  

With that said, if Quenton Nelson were somehow to fall to 11, I hope the front office is wise enough to know a Hall of Fame prospect when they see one.   I know we signed Josh Sitton, but Nelson has all time great tape.  I think we'd be idiots to not take him at 11 and I think he warrants considering moving up a spot or two to grab him if he slides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mercury22 said:

QBs tend to rise on draft day.  So, I don't think any of the top 4 are available when the Dolphins select at 11.   I think Lamar Jackson is there, and I think he is worthy of consideration, but I don't think the Dolphins have the brass balls to make that move.  Not when they just sent so many top players go in the off season.  I think they need a player now that has a shot at starting from the get go.  So, I'd guess, at this moment in time, that Vita Vea is the choice.  Our defense needs help and Vea could anchor that side of the ball.  

With that said, if Quenton Nelson were somehow to fall to 11, I hope the front office is wise enough to know a Hall of Fame prospect when they see one.   I know we signed Josh Sitton, but Nelson has all time great tape.  I think we'd be idiots to not take him at 11 and I think he warrants considering moving up a spot or two to grab him if he slides. 

Merc!  Long time no see.  

I couldn't agree more about Nelson, even the "trade up a few spots" part.  I'm thinking that he's the pick for Denver at 5 unfortunately, and the cost may be too prohibitive to move up that far.  3 QBs and Barkley seem as close to a lock as you can get for the first 4 picks in the draft.  Denver could take the 4th QB if it is the one they like, but they may want to give Lynch another year to develop while Keenum starts.  11 to 5 is approaching "future 1st rounder" territory.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, especially when you look at the Bills wanting to trade up. Any team fielding calls for a trade back, who is in the top 10, is going to use that to their advantage. Anyone trading up this year is going to get taken to the wood shed. All the beat reporters are saying that the back up plan if Mayfield isn't there, is LB/DT. They must be hearing this from somewhere. I think that Roquan Smith,and Tremaine Edmunds would be the most likely targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to update this thread. The beat reporters are hearing that if the Dolphins don't trade up for a QB, that it is down to 3 players for this pick. Smith, Edmunds, and Vea. The ultimate decision will be based on who is available. If all 3 are off the board, the backup will be the best available defender in the secondary. The Dolphins have done a ton of homework on the top 2 CB's, and safeties, in case the LB's, DT is gone. They also reported that the Phins are targeting TE in the 2nd round, regardless of who they pick in the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

I would like to update this thread. The beat reporters are hearing that if the Dolphins don't trade up for a QB, that it is down to 3 players for this pick. Smith, Edmunds, and Vea. The ultimate decision will be based on who is available. If all 3 are off the board, the backup will be the best available defender in the secondary. The Dolphins have done a ton of homework on the top 2 CB's, and safeties, in case the LB's, DT is gone. They also reported that the Phins are targeting TE in the 2nd round, regardless of who they pick in the first.

That is all too logical to be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

That is all too logical to be true.

Yeah, when has a Miami draft made that much sense recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see us move to 5 or 6 if Rosen starts dropping. He's been rubbing people the wrong way these days and he seems to me like the type of guy Gase likes working with. 

 

I myself would rather stay at 11 but I wouldn't be shocked if we made the move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×