Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Who do we select at pick 11?

Who to pick at 11?  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. Best option?

    • Trade up for Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
      1
    • Trade up for Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
      0
    • Trade up for Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
      1
    • Trade up for Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
      0
    • Trade up for Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
      1
    • Trade up for Arden Key, DE, LSU
      1
    • Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
      7
    • Trade up for Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
      4
    • Derwin James, S, Florida State
      3
    • Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
      0
    • Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
      1
    • Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
      1
    • Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
      0
    • Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
      1
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
      2
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
      1
    • Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
      12
    • Trade up for Sam Darnold, QB, USC
      0
    • Try to trade down
      2
    • Other (please post)
      3


Recommended Posts

I agree with Emerica’s view on Rosen, but I would be happy with Rosen as a Dolphin, depending on how much we give to move up.

I think Rosen is the most NFL ready QB in this draft, and with a year of sitting behind Tannehill he could be the answer at QB for 2019. 

I would be fine with a 2018 and 2019 first round pick for Rosen.  That would give us round 2 for a TE and round 3 for a DT and / or LB while looking for a WR and RB in rounds 4-6 and maybe a K in the 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy am I glad Miami did not draft Reuben Foster last year, Harris my be slow getting up to speed but at least he will be ready to play this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 10:45 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

Boy am I glad Miami did not draft Reuben Foster last year, Harris my be slow getting up to speed but at least he will be ready to play this year.

I agree, and additionally I hope we don’t draft another Alabama player at 11 this year.  There are some college programs that have to be well known for having some extremely morally deficient players on their rosters.  To me the teams that first come to mind are;  Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Ohio State, and my beloved Hurricanes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Kiko more of a WLB? If we have him locked up for '18 and '19. McMillan was drafted to be a MLB. That leads me to think a SLB like Edmunds is the preferred option over Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Isn't Kiko more of a WLB? If we have him locked up for '18 and '19. McMillan was drafted to be a MLB. That leads me to think a SLB like Edmunds is the preferred option over Smith.

He was?  I thought McMillan was drafted to play SAM.  His skill set certainly is more suited to SAM.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

He was?  I thought McMillan was drafted to play SAM.  His skill set certainly is more suited to SAM.  

Nah McMillan looked like he was locking up the MLB spot in training camp:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-raekwon-mcmillan-20170728-story.html

He was splitting reps in the middle along with Mike Hull. Alonso and Timmons were the OLBs. McMillan played in the middle at Ohio State as well. He was projected as either a SAM or MIKE by most outlets.

@freak_of_nature Kiko is definitely a more natural WILL but I think his lateral agility is shot, so I wouldn't rule out drafting Smith just because we have Kiko. I don't think Kiko will see next year of his contract when he can be cut for cheap.

 

I like both Edmunds and Smith. Edumunds would likely play strong-side and I could see him coming off the field for passing downs especially in his rookie season (he'll be 20 years old and his pass defense seems raw). I think Smith would have a greater immediate impact and is a safer pick.

Edited by cddolphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Nah McMillan looked like he was locking up the MLB spot in training camp:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-raekwon-mcmillan-20170728-story.html

He was splitting reps in the middle along with Mike Hull. Alonso and Timmons were the OLBs. McMillan played in the middle at Ohio State as well. He was projected as either a SAM or MIKE by most outlets.

@freak_of_nature Kiko is definitely a more natural WILL but I think his lateral agility is shot, so I wouldn't rule out drafting Smith just because we have Kiko. I don't think Kiko will see next year of his contract when he can be cut for cheap.

 

I like both Edmunds and Smith. Edumunds would likely play strong-side and I could see him coming off the field for passing downs especially in his rookie season (he'll be 20 years old and his pass defense seems raw). I think Smith would have a greater immediate impact and is a safer pick.

I read way more about him as a SAM than I did a MIKE pre-draft, but that's interesting to see that the coaching staff had him pegged as a MIKE from the get-go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salguero has us moving back to 14 and picking up Rashaan Evans. I would really be happy with that outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Emerica said:

Salguero has us moving back to 14 and picking up Rashaan Evans. I would really be happy with that outcome. 

Me, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With as much support as a off-ball linebacker has been receiving in here (I suspected that wasn't an immediate need with McMillan and Alonso), I suppose Tre Edmunds would have a role here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chris00cm said:

I suppose Tre Edmunds would have a role here?

According to rumors and sources, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

According to rumors and sources, yes.

Are these quality Dolphins sources? It's easy for mainstream to make it up because Mayock put it in his mock. I still struggle with the fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chris00cm said:

Are these quality Dolphins sources? It's easy for mainstream to make it up because Mayock put it in his mock. I still struggle with the fit.

I would say they are. It's not a recent development. The top 3 targets **seem** to be Fitzpatrick, Smith, Edmunds in an unkown order. Of course who knows what kind of information these guys have been fed? Just posting what I've read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cddolphin said:

I would say they are. It's not a recent development. The top 3 targets **seem** to be Fitzpatrick, Smith, Edmunds in an unkown order. Of course who knows what kind of information these guys have been fed? Just posting what I've read.

Sounds good. The only sure thing is that Tannenbaum will go Power 5 conference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chris00cm said:

The only sure thing is that Tannenbaum will go Power 5 conference. 

The exact power relationship between Tannenbaum (VP of Football Ops), Chris Grier (GM), and Adam Gase is nebulous. It's no sure thing that Tannenbaum has final say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×