• Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
    • Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
    • Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
    • Trade up for Sam Darnold, QB, USC
    • Try to trade down
    • Other (please post)

I agree with Emerica’s view on Rosen, but I would be happy with Rosen as a Dolphin, depending on how much we give to move up.

I think Rosen is the most NFL ready QB in this draft, and with a year of sitting behind Tannehill he could be the answer at QB for 2019. 

I would be fine with a 2018 and 2019 first round pick for Rosen.  That would give us round 2 for a TE and round 3 for a DT and / or LB while looking for a WR and RB in rounds 4-6 and maybe a K in the 7th.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:45 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

Boy am I glad Miami did not draft Reuben Foster last year, Harris my be slow getting up to speed but at least he will be ready to play this year.

I agree, and additionally I hope we don’t draft another Alabama player at 11 this year.  There are some college programs that have to be well known for having some extremely morally deficient players on their rosters.  To me the teams that first come to mind are;  Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Ohio State, and my beloved Hurricanes.

31 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Isn't Kiko more of a WLB? If we have him locked up for '18 and '19. McMillan was drafted to be a MLB. That leads me to think a SLB like Edmunds is the preferred option over Smith.

He was?  I thought McMillan was drafted to play SAM.  His skill set certainly is more suited to SAM.  

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

He was?  I thought McMillan was drafted to play SAM.  His skill set certainly is more suited to SAM.  

Nah McMillan looked like he was locking up the MLB spot in training camp:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-raekwon-mcmillan-20170728-story.html

He was splitting reps in the middle along with Mike Hull. Alonso and Timmons were the OLBs. McMillan played in the middle at Ohio State as well. He was projected as either a SAM or MIKE by most outlets.

@freak_of_nature Kiko is definitely a more natural WILL but I think his lateral agility is shot, so I wouldn't rule out drafting Smith just because we have Kiko. I don't think Kiko will see next year of his contract when he can be cut for cheap.

I like both Edmunds and Smith. Edumunds would likely play strong-side and I could see him coming off the field for passing downs especially in his rookie season (he'll be 20 years old and his pass defense seems raw). I think Smith would have a greater immediate impact and is a safer pick.

Edited by cddolphin

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Nah McMillan looked like he was locking up the MLB spot in training camp:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-raekwon-mcmillan-20170728-story.html

He was splitting reps in the middle along with Mike Hull. Alonso and Timmons were the OLBs. McMillan played in the middle at Ohio State as well. He was projected as either a SAM or MIKE by most outlets.

@freak_of_nature Kiko is definitely a more natural WILL but I think his lateral agility is shot, so I wouldn't rule out drafting Smith just because we have Kiko. I don't think Kiko will see next year of his contract when he can be cut for cheap.

I like both Edmunds and Smith. Edumunds would likely play strong-side and I could see him coming off the field for passing downs especially in his rookie season (he'll be 20 years old and his pass defense seems raw). I think Smith would have a greater immediate impact and is a safer pick.

I read way more about him as a SAM than I did a MIKE pre-draft, but that's interesting to see that the coaching staff had him pegged as a MIKE from the get-go.  

Just now, chris00cm said:

Are these quality Dolphins sources? It's easy for mainstream to make it up because Mayock put it in his mock. I still struggle with the fit.

I would say they are. It's not a recent development. The top 3 targets **seem** to be Fitzpatrick, Smith, Edmunds in an unkown order. Of course who knows what kind of information these guys have been fed? Just posting what I've read.

Just now, cddolphin said:

I would say they are. It's not a recent development. The top 3 targets **seem** to be Fitzpatrick, Smith, Edmunds in an unkown order. Of course who knows what kind of information these guys have been fed? Just posting what I've read.

Sounds good. The only sure thing is that Tannenbaum will go Power 5 conference. 

1 minute ago, chris00cm said:

The only sure thing is that Tannenbaum will go Power 5 conference. 

The exact power relationship between Tannenbaum (VP of Football Ops), Chris Grier (GM), and Adam Gase is nebulous. It's no sure thing that Tannenbaum has final say.