• Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
    • Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
    • Trade up for Sam Darnold, QB, USC
    • Try to trade down
    • Other (please post)

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Unlikely, barring a monstrous overpay by NYJ.  Cousins has made it clear that he wants to go to a team with a chance to win, and the Jets are not that.

Pretty sure NY will overpay up to $35 million a year. Cousins shouldn't get more than $25 million on a good team.

56 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Pretty sure NY will overpay up to $35 million a year. Cousins shouldn't get more than $25 million on a good team.

Really?  Last I saw they said they weren't going to do something like that.  Even so, I still bet the Broncos, Vikings, or Cardinals end up with him.  The Jets can then be primed to take Josh Allen at 6 (please, God).

41 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Really?  Last I saw they said they weren't going to do something like that.  Even so, I still bet the Broncos, Vikings, or Cardinals end up with him.  The Jets can then be primed to take Josh Allen at 6 (please, God).

I think NY is willing to pay, but that doesn't mean they'll get him either. As for Josh Allen, aside from his accuracy he is very talented. Not someone I'm rooting for when Baker Mayfield to me is a bigger bust waiting to happen.

edit: Heck for the money, I'm willing to bet Cousins is a bigger bust, AJ McCarron a bust, and Teddy Bridgewater a bust.

Edited by DoleINGout

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think NY is willing to pay, but that doesn't mean they'll get him either. As for Josh Allen, aside from his accuracy he is very talented. Not someone I'm rooting for when Baker Mayfield to me is a bigger bust waiting to happen.

edit: Heck for the money, I'm willing to bet Cousins is a bigger bust, AJ McCarron a bust, and Teddy Bridgewater a bust.

Which is arguably the most important skill in an NFL QB.  How many guys with rocket arms have we seen fail in the NFL because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn?  I would be 100% behind the Jets wasting their 6th overall pick on this kid.  

This would be my #2 choice, in that they pay solid money to one of these scrubs.  

The Jets would be better off giving a 2nd to the Eagles for Foles. His contract would be less then they would have to pay Cousins, and Foles has proven he can play in the NFL. They the Jets can use their 1st rounder on another position. Of course, that makes to much sense for the Jets.

Just now, ericsvibe said:

The Jets would be better off giving a 2nd to the Eagles for Foles. His contract would be less then they would have to pay Cousins, and Foles has proven he can play in the NFL. They the Jets can use their 1st rounder on another position. Of course, that makes to much sense for the Jets.

Chubb. Foles to NYJ is interesting.

Potential Dolphins target Orlando Brown has the worst combine performance for an OT ever

19.5" vertical (would be worst of any player ever drafted)
82" broad jump (also would be worst ever drafted)
5.85 40 (2nd-worst, the other was a 7th-rounder in 2001)
14 bench reps (tied for 4th-worst amongst OLs)

So, rumor is that the Eagles just turned down the Jets/Bills in a potential trade for Foles. The Jets/Bills offered a high 2nd round pick. The Eagles want a 1st and a 3rd, minimum. So the Jets/Bills will either have to trade up in the first, using up multiple picks in the process, or pay the ransom for Foles. At any rate, there won't be any 1st round QB fall to the Dolphins at 11. Based on what is being said, the Browns, Giants are going to go QB 1 and 2. The Colts are offering the 3rd pick to the highest bidder, and have multiple teams interested. So you can pencil in QB there.

1 hour ago, ericsvibe said:

So, rumor is that the Eagles just turned down the Jets/Bills in a potential trade for Foles. The Jets/Bills offered a high 2nd round pick. The Eagles want a 1st and a 3rd, minimum. So the Jets/Bills will either have to trade up in the first, using up multiple picks in the process, or pay the ransom for Foles. At any rate, there won't be any 1st round QB fall to the Dolphins at 11. Based on what is being said, the Browns, Giants are going to go QB 1 and 2. The Colts are offering the 3rd pick to the highest bidder, and have multiple teams interested. So you can pencil in QB there.

I agree.  Additionally, Cleveland has been a big mover up and down the draft over the last few years, and despite a new GM, I can see them trading out the number four pick once 3 QBs go in the first 3 picks.  Allen looked much more accurate at the combine than on tape.  If there’s a team in the top 10 that thinks they have a great QB developer then he could go top 10........I think teams might reason that he had no QB developer throughout college but got one in preparing for the combine and look at the results.  Possibly  Denver or Cleveland if they don’t draft a QB at 1.......also if Cleveland doesn’t go QB at 1 then the Colts are sitting on a pile of gold at 3.  Tannenbum has already traded away some big picks for 2018, I’m scared he will blow up the rest of our 2018 draft and most of our 2019 picks if Indy has a pick at the top 2 QBs.

If one of the top 4 QBs are there for us at 11 then I think we draft him, and if not I think we will go LB, CB, WR.......and I wouldn’t rule out us viewing Derwin James as a zone CB in our system.  He fits what we look for in a CB even though he played Safety at FSU.  At 6’2”, 215lbs, 4.48 40 (both attempts), 11’ broad jump, 21 reps of 225lbs, and 33”arm length, he could leap Fitzpatrick as the first DB drafted, but if not and he falls to 11 I can’t foresee any chance we pass on him, even if Quentin Nelson is still on the board.

Edited by Swampbilly

7 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

I do not see any of those things happening besides the Colts possibly trading out of three. Cleveland is picking Saquon Barkley first but if they decide to go Baker Mayfield last minute then the Giants will pick Saquon Barkley. If the Giants trade away and that new team doesn't pick Barkley, then the Colts will pick Barkley at three.

Barkley, Chubb, Mayfield, Rosen are the top four players every team wants with Josh Allen/Mason Rudolph the next two highest desired players and Quenton Nelson/Sam Darnold around the same.

I have watched about every Virginia Tech game the last several years and while Tremaine Edmunds is a solid LB I just do not see all the love he is getting pre-draft by the experts. No one in this area of  SW Virgina talks what a great LB he is. He was a very solid player on a very good defense but I just do not see how he is the Number one LB on some of the experts Mock drafts, if this is true it must be a weak LB class this year. I will take R. Smith all day long over Edmunds.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 1:23 PM, ericsvibe said:

So some new rumors have surfaced. Cousins has flat out rejected the idea of playing for the Browns and Jets. He has told personal friends that his top two teams are the Vikings and the Cardinals. That would further erode the trade up market for a QB. Foles right now is a wild card in all of this. The Eagles want to keep him, as his has a very friendly 7 mill salary next season. However, Foles agent is pressing him to demand a trade, as his value will never be higher than right now. Foles has also mentioned that he would like to go to a complete team, so he may go to the looser for Cousins out of the Cardinals and Vikings. Sources within the Vikings are saying that Bridgewater isn't the same QB he was before his injury, and he may be released. The Bills have been quite about their QB situation so far, and they are hoping that a QB falls to them in the 1st round. Sources within Cleveland are saying that they will not go QB with the first overall pick, that they are confident that one of the top 3 QB's will be there when they pick at 4. Teams are really worried about Josh Allen's accuracy. A scout said that he could be the next Big Ben, or the next Ryan Mallet.

Source?????

I've been watching pretty closely.  I think we are going to make a move for a QB in the draft.  Don't know who but I hope it's Mayfield.  We'll learn so much by the end of next week.  By then the Landry situation will have played out and we'll have figured out multiple players cap wise (Pouncey, James, Suh etc).  I don't see them going after anyone in FA from a QB standpoint.  Foles is brittle, Cousins seems a system QB, Keenum could have been a fluke, and NO will get an 11th hour deal done on Brees. 

I see:

Cousins going to Broncos

Keenum or Bradford staying in Minn

Keenum or Bradford going to Jets

Foles staying in Philly.

Qb needy team wise that leaves in draft order CLE, NYG, MIA, AZ.  If the Browns have a brain in their head they'll take Barkley at #1.  Giants take Rosen and Browns take Darnold at #4.  At that point we have Indy sitting at #3 ( I know i've already done #4 but go with me) with Luck coming back.  Here it gets fuzzy.  If we wanted to jump up and trade with Indy #11 for #3 we'd have to throw in Landry if he hasn't gotten us a deal or we'd have to make up the difference between their pick (2200 points) and our pick (1350 points) so we'd have to find 850 points.  So, without adding in a player we'd have to swap first rounders and do something like give them this year's third and next year's second and fourth.  https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=mia  So, taking the average of those rounds we'd be giving a value of 683 (I used the middle pick for next year's rounds) and a player to later be named who would have to be worth 167 or more points(middle third round) or see if they want a 2020 third rounder which obviously is wayyyy kicking the can down the road.  This is the price to move up and grab either Allen or Mayfield at #3.  It's a lot to give up but if we are that in mega love with them that's how we scoop them up before teams like AZ and NO start making deals to move up and take them.  

There isn't any specific sources for this information, it is all over the media. Cousins has already earned a big chunk of money already. He wants to compete for a super bowl. Going to the Jets or Bills, would hurt his chances. Both teams have newer coaches, and both have overall weak rosters. The Broncos, or Vikings are the only teams that make sense for Cousins. The Giants won't pass on a franchise QB. The only reason that Eli is still on that team is they didn't have a plan B. Eli is done. There isn't anyway you pass on an elite QB at this point. IF the Browns are foolish enough to go RB 1st, they will have whatever QB is left at 4, after the Colts trade out of 3 to a QB needy team. Make no mistake, the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Saints, are all rumored to want to get to 3. The Colts are going to make out like a bandit. The Browns just went through this same process last year, didn't take the QB, and now they are right back where they started. They won't make the same mistake. Barkely will still be there at 4. The draft is going to be QB, QB, QB, RB, DE. I believe that another team is going to trade before the Dolphins at 11 and draft a QB.

• Like 1