Seven Rounds V1 - No trades, and best guesses w/ underclassmen declaring.

mr fluffles

13 minutes ago, mlucas12002 said:

Not bad for Cleveland...would rather have Barkley/Fitzpatrick than Darnold/Fitzpatrick, but I'm sure a QB will be somewhere in the top picks.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

No way CLE takes Minkah over Barkley just not happening. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if they take Barkely at #1 and Wait for Josh Allen at #4

I really wanted to give Cleveland Barkley, but over on Brown's message boards, I heard more love for Minkah, and I noted that Dorsey as a rule has not drafted RBs early.  He also just hit on a third round RB in Hunt, so I figured he may try his luck on day two instead once again.

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Great bengals draft, especially the top few rounds.  Given the board, it's how I'd go.

Love the positional distribution with three other picks and appreciate the effort.

The only thing I'd change is grabbing a kicker (and actually keeping him this time!!!!)

I think we get one of Dallas' picks for Benewekire.  I want to say their 7th.  I assume he met the condiitons of the trade from August.

I believe the Benewekire trade landed the Bengals a 2019 6th rounder, at least according to a few websites.

7 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Great bengals draft, especially the top few rounds.  Given the board, it's how I'd go.

Love the positional distribution with three other picks and appreciate the effort.

The only thing I'd change is grabbing a kicker (and actually keeping him this time!!!!)

I think we get one of Dallas' picks for Benewekire.  I want to say their 7th.  I assume he met the condiitons of the trade from August.

IMO we have no need for an edge rusher, and do need another OT and a guard.  I would target the OT in 3, and a guard instead of the safety.

I wouldn't object to Daniel Carlson either.

Very solid Bengals draft, I'd be pleased as punch if it ended up this way.  Personally, given how the board falls, I'd have it this way:

12.  Cincinnati  - Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
46.  Cincinnati – Mason Cole, OC, Michigan

77.   Cincinnati - Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State
100.  Cincinnati (comp) - Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
114. Cincinnati  - Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State
153. Cincinnati – Javon Wims, WR, Georgia  
171. Cincinnati (comp) – Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State
191. Cincinnati – Mich
ael Badgley, K, Miami   
254. Cincinnati (from New England)– Anthony Winbush, Edge, Ball State
256. Cincinnati (comp) – Ahmad Bradshaw, WR, Army   

I love your Buffalo picks!!  I don't know about Lock that much but since I don't know about him I'll go with your word as a 2nd round pick.  The only thing I noticed about your draft is you didn't give Buffalo any Comp picks?  I think we get at least 2 with the loss of Gilmore and WR Woods?  But with that said I give you a ton of credit for doing a mock and a 7 rounder at that!!!  I do a mock every year and I know how hard it is to do so Thank you again for your effort.  I love reading these.

18 hours ago, mr fluffles said:

I really wanted to give Cleveland Barkley, but over on Brown's message boards, I heard more love for Minkah, and I noted that Dorsey as a rule has not drafted RBs early.  He also just hit on a third round RB in Hunt, so I figured he may try his luck on day two instead once again.

Barkley is a once a decade talent, Better then Fournette, better then hunt, better then zeke, He's a true workhorse back that can take 25 carries a game and help a young QB which is what would benefit more for CLE then Minkah who IMO as well as others is not gonna be a top Corner anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo Fan said:

I love your Buffalo picks!!  I don't know about Lock that much but since I don't know about him I'll go with your word as a 2nd round pick.  The only thing I noticed about your draft is you didn't give Buffalo any Comp picks?  I think we get at least 2 with the loss of Gilmore and WR Woods?  But with that said I give you a ton of credit for doing a mock and a 7 rounder at that!!!  I do a mock every year and I know how hard it is to do so Thank you again for your effort.  I love reading these.

Thanks man, much appreciated.  Drew Lock is extremely talented with a great arm, but he definitely needs some seasoning.   Unfortunately I read yesterday that he is likely staying in school.

I don't believe the Bills will be receiving comp picks as they signed as many players as they lost.  There was a way they could have received a pick but I believe it involved cutting Vlad Ducasse, Ryan Davis or Andre Holmes... all were kept.

Go Bills!  

On 1/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, mr fluffles said:

65.   Cleveland – Marcel Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State

66.   New York Giants – Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana

67.   Indianapolis – Braden Smith, OL, Auburn

68.   Houston – Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson

Maybe it's just Big Ten bias, but if we're gonna go WR here I'd rather have Cobbs. If not, Hyatt would also be a good choice.

Otherwise, well done for Cleveland.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Texans draft a lot.   Here is what I've said of others if it helps you in later drafts.

I like a lot of this. 

For the Texans though, they have already stated (which is unlike them) that with no 1st or 2nd rounders they are planning on making big splashes in FA.  They are expected to release Brian Cushing b/c they have 3 great MLBs and RG Jeff Allen who has been terrible.  This will bring the Texans to $70M in Cap room

I don't see any way the Texans go into the draft without a LT.  They just won't.  The new GM announced yesterday his top priorities right now are an extension for Clowney (likely close to $20M, which will bring us back to $50M in Cap Space) and the O-line.  Newton will likely play RG and Davenport RT and Nick Martin at C.  I think you are right (and it's not popular) but the Texans will Resign LG Xavier Sua'Filo.  He's a Pulling Guard which is hard to come by and important in our scheme.  These moves would allow us to draft an OG in the late 3rd for depth and resign Chris Clark for OT depth.  It allows us the freedom to not have to overspend in FA, and not be forced into a pick in the early 3rd.

I have seen interesting thoughts from a few that we may trade a 4th for Jared Veldheer the LT for the Cards.  The Cards have depth at OT and Veldheer is a one year rental coming off a season ending injury.  No way we pay more than an early 4th, but an interesting thought.  The new GM Gaine is a disciple of Rick Smith and Smith's main principal via draft if BPA, so he tries to bring in value FA's to fill all major holes Prior to the draft.  

Besides LT, our next biggest need is in our Secondary.  Jonathan Joseph is gone, Kareem Jackson is mediocre and Kevin Johnson struggled but shows signs. I think we bring in a Top Tier CB and let JJo walk.   I LOVE the addition of Kenny Vaccaro to the Texans.  I really hope that happens, and I believe we have the room.  It all comes down to if he wants to leave New Orleans.  The Saints have $30M in space and Brees I'm guessing will make a team friendly deal around $18-22M for one year.  Leaves room for them to keep KV if he wants to stay, but he's a Texas boy who went to UT, so there's hope!

I would say our Top need for Future multi round drafts IF we grab a LT and CB are :   TE (CJ Fiedorowicz likely to retire),  OL, DB.   In that order.  With our early 3rd rounder though, I think if someone falls we may surprise people and grab a top RB.  People will say we have Lamar Miller and D'Onta Foreman who looked studly last year, but his BEST CASE scenario is playing Week 10 of next year.  Lamar Miller is due over $7M in 2019, so I think he's released then.  That means between now and 2020 we will have 2 RBs for 6 games...and that's best case.  Only 1/3 RBs can come back to full form after a ruptured Achilles, so we may need an RB now!  Also Alfred Blue is gone. 

Great draft and hope people can use this info.

Replace Deontay Burnett in the 3rd for the Raiders with Marcus Davenport and I will jump for utter joy at the first 3 rounds. 

Realistically though, Oakland does need a speed guy at WR. Sorta. However, it's specifically been stated that A. Oak is very much after a big body at WR, and B. they adore Davenport. Also, I do not think in one thread of my being that Davenport is there in the 3rd round. Oak would probably jump on him in the 2nd if he were even there.

Archived