National Championship Game | #4 Alabama vs #3 Georgia

WeaponX

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• #3 Georgia
    • #4 Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2018 at 01:30 AM

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Why? Just curious....

In part because College Football is my favorite sport. I'm a Penn State alum and have been rooting for them for about 15 years now. Ohio State always gets these ridiculously good recruiting classes and love from the National media. They're often what Penn State has to go through in order to be considered for anything. They're the biggest obstacle in Penn State's direct path year in and year out, and they're loved by the national fan base.

Oh and the whole "THE Ohio State" thing is pretty annoying tbh. But that's an afterthought.

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Why? Just curious....

I don't know if they're my most hated, but for me it's because most of them are also Browns fans.

If you're a 20 year old Boston sports fan, you're the sports fan equivalent of a trust fund baby. It's not your fault that you're entitled and have silly opinions. If you're a Yankees/Cowboys/Man United/Warriors/Bama fan, you are a fair weather fan by choice. I can accept silly opinions from those people.

A bunch of Ohio State/Browns fans (though not most on this website tbh) are simultaneously constantly saying "oh why don't people feel more sorry for us we're just widdle Browns fans, we never win anything" and then are every bit as smug as Bama fans during CFB season, which is the same time as NFL season. It's like they forget all the **** talking they did on Saturday and then on Sunday are saying "why don't you feel sorry for me". Because 59-0 goddamnit.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I wonder how the SEC feels knowing their 2 best teams are just playing for ****s and giggles.  The National Champion has already been crowned and recognized.

The same way your boyfriend/husband/girlfriend/wife feels about you posting on this forum.

SEC don't care they just want the money...

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

In part because College Football is my favorite sport. I'm a Penn State alum and have been rooting for them for about 15 years now. Ohio State always gets these ridiculously good recruiting classes and love from the National media. They're often what Penn State has to go through in order to be considered for anything. They're the biggest obstacle in Penn State's direct path year in and year out, and they're loved by the national fan base.

Oh and the whole "THE Ohio State" thing is pretty annoying tbh. But that's an afterthought.

Right on. "Jealousy" would be a good summary and I'm not saying that to be derogatory just calling it what it is. I totally get it though. It's why so many people hate the Patriots, Bama, the SEC in general etc etc. A lot of people have that mentality and I don't disagree w/ it. All just how you handle it. You do have the slight rival aspect of it also from being interconference as well.

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't know if they're my most hated, but for me it's because most of them are also Browns fans.

If you're a 20 year old Boston sports fan, you're the sports fan equivalent of a trust fund baby. It's not your fault that you're entitled and have silly opinions. If you're a Yankees/Cowboys/Man United/Warriors/Bama fan, you are a fair weather fan by choice. I can accept silly opinions from those people.

A bunch of Ohio State/Browns fans (though not most on this website tbh) are simultaneously constantly saying "oh why don't people feel more sorry for us we're just widdle Browns fans, we never win anything" and then are every bit as smug as Bama fans during CFB season, which is the same time as NFL season. It's like they forget all the **** talking they did on Saturday and then on Sunday are saying "why don't you feel sorry for me". Because 59-0 goddamnit.

LOL I think that's a poor generalization about being Brown's fans. I mean, yeah, you're going to get a lot of them for obvious reasons but I wouldn't think any more than Bengals fans or fans of other teams. Seems to me it's searching for a reason when the "59-0" thing is all you needed to say lol. I get our fanbase is annoying. A lot of them are...... a lot are VERY annoying. Tailgates can be a challenge sometimes it's that bad. Luckily, as I've gone to more and more games, I've actually seen an improvement on how we treat other fanbases as well. OSU/PSU for example, I didn't hear one derogatory remark after tailgating 4 hours, sitting w/ two PSU fans during the game, and walking back w/ them afterwards. Now I get that it's not saying things weren't said b/c they obviously were but in years past, I would've heard A LOT of stuff lol. Maybe it was just right place, right time.

Nice little article about Jake Fromm, and ultimately Mark Richt

https://georgia.247sports.com/Article/Jake-Fromms-decision-to-flip-from-Alabama-to-Georgia-was-a-no-brainer-his-dad-says-113161293

“Richt just didn’t want him,” Emerson Fromm said. “It’s just that simple. They had another fellow in mind (Bailey Hockman) and that’s the direction they wanted to go. That was an eye-opener for Jake in life. Sometimes, you just don’t get what you want. You just have to make the best of what you got.”

“I’ll be honest with you,” he said. “I don’t think they were confident recruiters. If they had a five-star ahead of you, the odds are the following year it’d be a three-star and it’d go back and forth. I don’t think they had the confidence. Their mindset was, there’s no way that we’re getting back-to-back-to-back five-stars and they just didn’t think they could get (Jake).

But when the Fromms visited, they gravitated toward Smart.

They talked about hunting and where they were from. The conversation flowed easily.

So yes, when Georgia hired Smart that relationship carried over. Smart called Fromm within 24 hours of being named Georgia's head coach. Fromm was Smart’s first offer, and son and father took the call while duck hunting. 

"He said, ‘Look, I’m not trying to take you from Nick and Alabama, but we’re going to make sure you’re our first offer,'” Emerson Fromm recalled. “'We just want to make sure you have a home if this is where you want to be.’”

It took nearly three months of deliberation, but in the end the choice was easy for Fromm.

The kid whose pool table at home is Georgia red and adjacent to a Herschel Walker helmet wanted to play college football in Athens. That he could do it for Smart made Fromm’s decision that much easier.

• Richt didnt go after Fromm because he didnt think he could get two great players in back to back years
  • Richt offered Cam Newton as a TE
  • Richt didnt offer another Georgia fan, Deshaun Watson, until the end of his junior year when his recruiting was pretty much wrapped up

15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Bama is going to roll in my opinion. Chubb and Michel won't do anything. Bama's going to beat up an undersized Georgia defense and run the rock.

Bama will likely roll, but it will be because they got a month off to rest their injured players, while Georgis got further beat up in their conference championship game. It gives Bama a huge edge in the playoffs and absolutely nothing to feel good about. It was a shameful selection and the NCAA should be ashamed of itself for selecting them. They will get zero credit when they win, just sorry I have to skip the game, because I do not like an unfair advantage given to one team???

7 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Bama will likely roll, but it will be because they got a month off to rest their injured players, while Georgis got further beat up in their conference championship game. It gives Bama a huge edge in the playoffs and absolutely nothing to feel good about. It was a shameful selection and the NCAA should be ashamed of itself for selecting them. They will get zero credit when they win, just sorry I have to skip the game, because I do not like an unfair advantage given to one team???

This is a lame excuse.

It’s one more game. That extra game was one month ago. It’s not a massive difference.

There was a month to rest before the playoffs and both teams have a week before the title game.

7 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

This is a lame excuse.

It’s one more game. That extra game was one month ago. It’s not a massive difference.

There was a month to rest before the playoffs and both teams have a week before the title game.

Hey, at least he said he was sorry he'll have to skip the game.

Archived